dgskydive

Republican Party lies

This is why our country is in such bad shape these days.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2010/11/04/ac.obamas.india.trip.cost2.mov.cnn

Lets just report lies from now on. Don't bother to check a fact. Just run the story.

The usual suspects will swallow anything that is ejaculated by the BIG BUG BRAIN on the Extremist In Broadcasting or his fellow travelling toadies Beck, Bachman and others on the extreme nutbag wing of the GOP et al

It really is time to forget about Republican and Democrats.

Wake up Americans. We are lied to all the time. People swallow it whole and love it! This is nuts. Just nuts. [:/]>:([:/]>:(

They swallow it because that is what they want to hear about the scary guy in the White House !!!!

OK. So, the White House can't forecast the costs for security reasons. :S

Let's assume the ENTIRE trip is 50 million.
Why go and spend that money?
Let's use the Clinton amount from 12 years ago - 11 million.

Let's take the R and D out of the equation.
Is this a good time to be giving even the appearance of either an R or a D spending that much on a trip with 3,000 people to the Taj Mahal?

We're laying off police officers and fireFighters all around the country for God's sake. Use your head, Sir.
How many police officers or firefighters will that money keep on the rolls for another year.

It's no wonder Tuesday was the shot heard 'round the world.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It really is time to forget about Republican and Democrats.

They all suck ass, every last one of them. It does not matter if they are Donkeys or Elephants. I still can't understand why some people worship these politicians. GWB sucked ass with his out of control spending and now Obama is making GWB look like a fiscal conservative (and we know GWB was no fiscal conservative). For crying out loud why was a community organizer turned junior senator treated as the Messiah and Savior of the world by the media and their lemmings?

Also what ever happened to teleconferencing?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

OK. So, the White House can't forecast the costs for security reasons. :S

Let's assume the ENTIRE trip is 50 million.

Let's take the R and D out of the equation.
Is this a good time to be giving even the appearance of either an R or a D spending that much on a trip with 3,000 people to the Taj Mahal?

We're laying off police officers and fireFighters all around the country for God's sake. Use your head, Sir.
How many police officers or firefighters will that money keep on the rolls for another year.

Well thank you maam,

Presidents do this thing called D I P L O M A C Y. Some of that is needed after the last guy buggered American relations so completely.

I realize that is a hard concept after the last guy who specialized in pissing off most of the fuckin world.

It looks like this trip is to a lot of rather important trading partners across Asia.

AS far as local first responders I do believe that as usual that is a local issue. If many of them are like the local police here... perhaps they can pay their people instead of getting bright new shiney police cars so often that are stuffed with the latest gear to generate revenue... instead of actually having to deal with the thugs and criminals that infest our communities. That real police shit can be dangerous ... but that is what they signed up to do... not making sure they have X number of "contacts" a day with a corresponding number of tickets to generate revenue.
Local departments need to be on good terms with the people who are paying the bills.

OK. So, the White House can't forecast the costs for security reasons.

That actually makes sense to me. They start forecasting and then people want to know exactly what that is spent on. When it comes to the security for the President, I think how they do it should be kept a secret. Just my .02 on that.

As a result of these lies, the Pentagon did actually hold a press conference and talked about this a bit...which is a first I think. You just don't talk about what type of security you have for the President.

Don't forget to adjust that number for inflation though. They say that would be more around 5 million buy today's numbers.

3,000 people to the Taj Mahal?

That is not true either. The Pentagon said that number is inflated as well. I can see where the support people for the Pres could run into the thousands. Especially when going to a place like India.

I was recruited to work for the White House Communications Agency when I was in the Army. If I had got the job, I would have been traveling around on AF1 helping to run the communications center on the plane and helping to set up his Teleprompters and such. This was back in the CLinton days. If you just look at the people that it takes to run the plane and his vehicles you could get over a 1 or 2 hundred people from that alone. SO add in security details and what ever Military folks and equipment they will have. The number could easily get into the 1000's.

With blatant lies like the original story that started this debate. It is no wonder that the Republican won like they did. They tell straight up lies and we as a people believe them. Our system is broke. There is no more truth. They say what they want and scare us into voting. Just seems that the Republican do a much better job of spreading lies and putting fear into people then the Dems do.
Dom

>Well thank you maam,

I was talking to the President, ya mope. ;)

OK. I'll go with "Diplomacy."
If the President went over their with the First Family for a one on one - no problem.
But, are we in such deep shit that we need to take 3,000 diplomats and one Elton John?

Close your eyes and pretend it were an R making this trip. Silliness.

Stop defending silliness, Jeanne; R or D making this kind of trip during this economic time is just plain silliness.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Stop defending silliness, Jeanne; R or D making this kind of trip during this economic time is just plain silliness.

We need to make things right over in that part of the world. If we don't, we will be in a worse mess then we already are.

To be honest though. I wish we would pull back from EVERYWHERE and just work on us. Fix our country and then worry about the rest. Fuck em. If they cant take care of themselves, why do we have to do it? All we ever get is grief for it.
Dom

They start forecasting and then people want to know exactly what that is spent on. When it comes to the security for the President, I think how they do it should be kept a secret.

I didn't suggest they forecast the costs of the security detail.
They could give a budgetary estimate of the total trip (of which security would be one slice of the pie); but can't for "security reasons."

Bullshit. They can say it will cost ~"X" for this trip and the GAO will release the details of itemization after the trip.

Anyway, none of that matters. Taking 3,000 people anywhere internationally right now is silly.

Heck, for security purposes alone; this trip should be canceled.

>Well thank you maam,

I was talking to the President, ya mope. ;)

OK. I'll go with "Diplomacy."
If the President went over their with the First Family for a one on one - no problem.
But, are we in such deep shit that we need to take 3,000 diplomats and one Elton John?

Close your eyes and pretend it were an R making this trip. Silliness.

How many diplomatic trips by R's have there been in my lifetime? I think the 3000 number of diplomats has indeed turned out to be a rather silly number as has the cost of the trip.

Some worked out ok.. some.. not so much.

It goes with the territory ... India, Indonesia, Japan and South Korea are part of the key to our own economic recovery since there is so much doomsday hoarding of capital investment by the usual suspects supporting those who have done everything they can for the last two years to thwart a restoration of our economy with their NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>I wish we would pull back from EVERYWHERE and just work on us. Fix our country and then worry about the rest. Fuck em. If they cant take care of themselves, why do we have to do it? All we ever get is grief for it.

I agree, but then we would be labeled "Isolationists" :S

>I wish we would pull back from EVERYWHERE and just work on us. Fix our country and then worry about the rest. Fuck em. If they cant take care of themselves, why do we have to do it? All we ever get is grief for it.

I agree, but then we would be labeled "Isolationists" :S

I think I would be good with that... give American jobs back to Americans to make American products for Americans to buy. Get back to basics.. sell weapons to other countries so they can protect themselves from the other guys who are buying weapons instead of having young Americans protecting them from each other.

a trip with 3,000 people to the Taj Mahal?

Uh, that's another part of the disinformation. Aside from the fact that that number, too, is bullshit, they're not going to "THE Taj Mahal"; they're staying at a hotel named "The Taj Mahal Hotel."

Paris Hilton isn't always a rich slut who has sex on the internet. Sometimes it's just a hotel in France.

I agree, but then we would be labeled "Isolationists"

Dont care. SO what. Fuck em all.

Its just like an individual cant really help others if they themselves aren't right. Same thing for the U.S., we have problems and until we fix ourselves we CANT help anyone else.

Hell most of the people that come to this country know days still wave flags for the country that they left in place of the U.S. Flag. Fuck them too.
Dom

Taking 3,000 people anywhere internationally right now is silly.

I said it and Andy did too. Stop believing that number. It may be in the 1000's but not that high. That is part of the false story that was reported. Your falling into the trap they are setting for you.
Dom

Hell most of the people that come to this country know days still wave flags for the country that they left in place of the U.S. Flag. Fuck them too.

Well, in fairness, let's not confuse ethnic/national-origin pride with lack of patriotism toward one's adopted country. Ethnic/national-origin pride and patriotism toward America can, and do, exist harmoniously, side-by-side, all the time in the U.S. They are not by any means mutually exclusive.

Taking 3,000 people anywhere internationally right now is silly.

I said it and Andy did too. Stop believing that number. It may be in the 1000's but not that high. That is part of the false story that was reported. Your falling into the trap they are setting for you.

"This overhaul of our healthcare system will reduce costs and save money". Oops..too late. Need a hand getting out of that trap you fell in?

My point is there is a 2 headed snake running our government. I fell for the story but quickly found out the only fact was we don't know how much it will cost.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Well, in fairness, let's not confuse ethnic/national-origin pride with lack of patriotism toward one's adopted country. Ethnic/national-origin pride and patriotism toward America can, and do, exist harmoniously, side-by-side, all the time in the U.S. They are not by any means mutually exclusive.

If you want to be an American citizen... then be one. Dont hang on to the place you left. Keep your ethnic pride for sure.

I hate walking down certain blocks here in NYC and seeing foreign flags draped everywhere. Most of the time it is the Dominican or P.R. flag. If they are so proud of the country that they came from and love it so much. Then go back there and make that a better place.

We are supposed to be a melting pot. Well everything I have ever melted mixes and becomes one. That is the idea of melting it. I hope that made sense.
Dom

It made sense, but I respectfully disagree with it. Conspicuous ethnic/national-origin pride and American patriotism have lived side-by-side since the 19th Century. I think they nourish each other; and it's part of the overall richness of America.