skyrider

American Hero's

The one who votes decides nothing. The one who counts the votes decides everything - Josef Stalin

so how do we categorize the ones that don't even bother to vote?

Realists.

I disagree..."Fools"

If nothing else good, , Obama prove that gettting your lazy ass offf the couch long enough to vote, can make a difference!

No. Vulcan is a pretend place. It's not real;

The people from Vulcan Alberta would definitely disagree with your assessment that they live in a fictional town.

Question: why do people treat politicians like their are their saviors? Time after time politicians disappoint people, yet there is always no shortage of people who cling to the words of a politician as if it was the gospel. If the media and Hollywood had not made Barack Obama out to be the world's messiah, he might not be in the predicament he finds himself in now with dissatisfied voters. The man is after all nothing more than a community organizer turn junior senator before the media and Hollywood turn him into their messiah savior of the world. Good grief ...

Assuming the polls are right, Republicans better be smart with the new powers they will yield after tomorrow because tomorrow's election is not about them, it is about the voters being utterly dissatisfied with the out of control spending of the Democrats. But will the Republicans change their ways? We know they too were big spenders under GWB.

Where's the Pork? I made myself a new barrel.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>Question: why do people treat politicians like their are their saviors?

Easier than thinking for themselves. Political parties provide a pre-packaged set of ideals, with bloggers, news shows and talking heads providing all the rationales, attacks on the other side and propaganda anyone could ever want. For people who feel a need to "take a side" political parties fill a needed niche - and for people who feel the need to be on the attack, the other side provides a ready target.

>The man is after all nothing more than a community organizer turn
>junior senator before the media and Hollywood turn him into their messiah
>savior of the world.

No offense, but that's the kind of partisan bullshit you were railing against above.

>Question: why do people treat politicians like their are their saviors?

Easier than thinking for themselves. Political parties provide a pre-packaged set of ideals, with bloggers, news shows and talking heads providing all the rationales, attacks on the other side and propaganda anyone could ever want. For people who feel a need to "take a side" political parties fill a needed niche - and for people who feel the need to be on the attack, the other side provides a ready target.

>The man is after all nothing more than a community organizer turn
>junior senator before the media and Hollywood turn him into their messiah
>savior of the world.

No offense, but that's the kind of partisan bullshit you were railing against above.

Ooo touch a nerve?

The reason it hurts so much is because it is true

Palin had more experience than Obama
Like her or not, that is a fact
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Exactly what leadership experience did Obama have before Hollywood and the rest of the mainstream media waved their magic wands and created the messiah? What businesses has Barack Obama started and lead into profitable status? What governments did the junior Senator lead before Hollywood decided he should be given the most powerful job on the planet? Barack Obama is a top rate reader when his teleprompter works, but put that out of commission and he bumbles all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU

It's as if his thoughts are not even his own. I guess you don't really need to be experienced when you are nothing more than a puppet. I guess you don't need to worry about actually delivering a message to your lemmings just as long as someone else is writing the speech for you and just as long as your teleprompter does not fail.

Now granted I will never compare Mr Obama's intelligence (which he does appear to have) with some of the other politicians you have. Who in their right mind thought that Alvin Greene and Hank Sanders were qualified to be politicians? Where the #### do you find these people? I just caught an interview with the Alabama Senator Hank Sanders and I am floored with the total lack of intelligence this man possess. :S

PS: if anything good comes from tomorrow, I hope that Nancy Pelosi is shown the door.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

VOTING is being a hero.

Actually, I even disagree with that. It's simply what is expected of an informed electorate.

It is your duty to vote. It doesn't make you a hero.

"The one who votes decides nothing. The one who counts the votes decides everything." - Josef Stalin

btw, the plural of hero is "heroes," . "Hero's" is the possessive.

+1 B|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."