Misternatural

Gravity Modification

A (long) five part 2004 interview which according to the video host was suppressed until recently. At the point of the interview the claim was that the experiments were capable of "object weight reduction" up to 9% at that point in time. Controversial but interesting steps toward revolutionary propulsion systems. UFO, and military programs aside, think of gravity wave or graviton (if they exist) propulsion as it pertains to travel, and how it would affect this sport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBb76Snx50
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

When it comes to gravity, I would never say never. The issue is that right now it's not well understood and there may be some breakthrough that happens in the future. Maybe even the near future, but I'm fairly certain this guy isn't it.

It's been six years since the interviews where supposedly made. If anything like a 9% decrease in gravitational attaction could be made, even on some small scale experiment that couldn't be scaled up it would have taken the physics community by storm and would be one of the major focuses of scientific research thoughout the world. Six years and we're really hearing nothing?

I highly doubt it.

Understand nutbags and con-artists come and go in this "field" faster than you can say Fleischmann–Pons. Most are looking for "investors."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Flux capacitors notwithstanding, while listening to the outline of the experiment I was envisioning a DZ elevator like craft with three buttons; Lobby,12000', Stratosphere...... General relativity is a bitch for now but it may just be an intellectual glass ceiling that has not been breached, at least not publicly. Current generations are just going to have to wait for peak oil to become a brutal reality before combustion engines become archaic. I mean all that bulk dedicated to fuel storage, cooling, lubrication, counterbalancing, fuel management, ignition and that is just the piston engine.

If you think about it how much energy and effort is spent by this civilization countering the effects of gravity everyday....And I'm not just talking about Pamela Anderson, because her boobs have their own gravitational field- theoretically.
D S #3.1415

I'd like to be able to selectively increase gravity. Think of the implications to high performance automobiles! Being able to increase traction by a significant amount with only a very small increase in rolling resistance and no increase in aero drag. B|

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I remember reading in "The Hitch Hiker's guide to the Galaxy" that the trick to flying is throwing your self at the ground..... and missing.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I'd like to be able to selectively increase gravity. Think of the implications to high performance automobiles! Being able to increase traction by a significant amount with only a very small increase in rolling resistance and no increase in aero drag. B|

It used to be that drivers believed cars could not
go faster than 150 on a flat track because the tires
would break traction in the corners.

Among other things, banked tracks solved that problem.

tricking gravity is in the same realm as time travel. not gonna happen.

Time travel is not trickery... you're doing it right now ....and now...and now .....and......:)
When electrons do it backwards we call them "positrons". :)

A reverse of electrical charge does not equal a reverse in the direction of time experienced.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

And using the relative wind to create downforce without adding weight.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

tricking gravity is in the same realm as time travel. not gonna happen.

Time travel is not trickery... you're doing it right now ....and now...and now .....and......:)
When electrons do it backwards we call them "positrons". :)

A reverse of electrical charge does not equal a reverse in the direction of time experienced.

www.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/chapters/05/2.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And using the relative wind to create downforce without adding weight.

and velcro tires and tracks

think about it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Gravity mod is old news. In the late 90's it was being called the Podlketnov Effect and there were one or two other efforts made to duplicate the results the guy claimed. Available info at the time says NASA's breakthrough propulsion physics think-tank took a good hard look at it too. Came to nothing. Results could not be reliably and documentably repeated.
I'd had my hopes at the time. Just because Relativity sets the rules doesn't mean somebody might not find a way to bend those rules enough to produce localized exotic field effects that appear to blatantly violate fundamental laws, but in the 12 years since I first heard of it, its just become another "cold fusion" debacle. Bad science and hype. A shame. If somebody can do it repeatedly under scientific examination and somebody else can duplicate it, THEN I'll get excited.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Mirror symmetry....that is an excellent piece, at least in my mind it helps foster the notion that there is an opposite for everything. What is the mirror entity of gravity?
Obviously I am no physicist, but i think skydivers are all gravity, and aerodynamic research scientists in a way. One thing that is of interest is why an object, of matter, in space being attracted to another object due to the force of gravity does not accelerate toward it to the speed of light,except theoretically when approaching a black hole. The moon for example does not crash into the earth because of orbital forces. In the absence of orbital force what other forces are there in the vacuum of space which limit acceleration due to gravity. Could it be the whole of matter in the universe exerting a collective gravitational pull on objects in motion? , or an internally generated negative to the gravitational force between the two objects moving toward each other.

One thing every skydiver can easily understand about gravity is that acceleration is noticably reduced by the force of impact.
D S #3.1415

Here.
Fairly concise article about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podkletnov

I'd really like to see this sort of thing happen but I have my doubts. There are implications of ways to use this effect that even more blatantly violate physics such as "free energy". The most obvious one would be a bicycle chain with weights on it mounted vertically. Half the chain in the effect, half out. The chain would spin because half the chain weighs less than the other. So now you have a generator powered by gravity.
Implemented in a more sensible fashion on a large scale it would revolutionize really major pieces of the world as we know it... energy industry, heavy industry, transportation and so on.

Billvon... Kallend... either of you care to weigh in on the likelihood of there being ANY possibility of an authentic subtle effect here? When they start talking about "frame dragging" I can vaguely follow the theory but not the math and to me it all still smells like bullshit until they can undeniably prove it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Thank you, it looks like gravity modification is a holy grail but fortunately Gravity is a relatively weak force so much so here on Earth that we can overcome its effects with things as simple as balloons and Bernoulli's principal.

Looking at this I found it interesting that the force of gravity is a function of distance and mass, near zero at the center of the Earth, and that it varies on the earths surface due to differing material atomic densities.
D S #3.1415

Here.
Fairly concise article about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podkletnov

I'd really like to see this sort of thing happen but I have my doubts. There are implications of ways to use this effect that even more blatantly violate physics such as "free energy". The most obvious one would be a bicycle chain with weights on it mounted vertically. Half the chain in the effect, half out. The chain would spin because half the chain weighs less than the other. So now you have a generator powered by gravity.
Implemented in a more sensible fashion on a large scale it would revolutionize really major pieces of the world as we know it... energy industry, heavy industry, transportation and so on.

Billvon... Kallend... either of you care to weigh in on the likelihood of there being ANY possibility of an authentic subtle effect here? When they start talking about "frame dragging" I can vaguely follow the theory but not the math and to me it all still smells like bullshit until they can undeniably prove it.
-B

What you need is some Cavorite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>The most obvious one would be a bicycle chain with weights on it mounted
>vertically. Half the chain in the effect, half out. The chain would spin
>because half the chain weighs less than the other. So now you have a
>generator powered by gravity.

You could simulate a "gravity reducer" by means of an ultradense mass mounted above one side of that chain. You could also do it so that the chain was arranged so that more of it was deeper in a gravity well. Neither would give you free energy though - so I'm not sure his "gravity shield" would be any better in that respect. (Even if it did work.)

>Billvon... Kallend... either of you care to weigh in on the likelihood of
>there being ANY possibility of an authentic subtle effect here?

I think there's a pretty high likelihood of there being an effect caused by the spinning superconductor that we don't understand - but it is more likely to be caused by something mundane (like the Meissner effect) than by "shielding gravity."

One thing that is of interest is why an object, of matter, in space being attracted to another object due to the force of gravity does not accelerate toward it to the speed of light,except theoretically when approaching a black hole.

Because gravity is fairly weak and things generally either run into each other or swing by one another before they have a chance to get going that fast.

By the way, the "orbital force" you're referring to is gravity. "Orbiting" just means that something is within the gamut of distances from and velocities relative to another object where the force of gravity keeps them nearby for a while.

My understanding of orbit is that one object is constantly falling toward another object which has a greater mass, but it is that momentum of the orbiting object which allows it to remain on its curved path. Provided there is sufficient gravitational pull and momentum to establish an equilibrium. Otherwise objects would either collide or one of them would careen off into space.

basically what you said; an orbit is due to a combination of the greater gravity of one object and the velocity of the other.

Anyway, Newton aside, i guess we can't really talk about gravity and its curvature of space without a discussion on black holes.
D S #3.1415