Kennedy

Border

Recently, illegals were transported from Nogales, Arizona to Presidio, Texas and released on the other side of the border. They've been apprehending them back on this side gradually, ever since. Deportation like all our other Immigration laws are scoffed at. The suggestion of putting them in jails, similar to Sheriff Arpaio's might not be a bad idea. Let the word get back to the illegals that if, they get caught, they go to jail for 2-yrs. and would have to pick-up trash off our highways and work on road gangs, might help deter them. Oh... and make 'em wear PINK!

Chuck

They would likely welcome the windfall change in eating habits.

Now - if all we served them was taco bell . . . they might reconsider.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

disclaimer: No, I don't want to close the border or deport everyone who doesn't look like me, but this country needs to secure the border so it can control who and what comes across.

Or open it completely and document everyone so we know who is here, get rid of any financial incentives to come here for a free ride, make the penalties for hiring anyone illegally here very high, and let the guys in and out to pick strawberries. One of the reasons they don't go home after the growing season is that we make it so difficult to come back, so once people are in, they stay, and we end up with the mess of fake IDs and having no idea who's here. A lot of the migrant workers would love to go home for the off season and come back when there's work so they can make a few bucks to send home so the kids can eat. And personally, I like paying a couple bucks for a basket of strawberries, so that's fine with me.

Recently, illegals were transported from Nogales, Arizona to Presidio, Texas and released on the other side of the border. They've been apprehending them back on this side gradually, ever since. Deportation like all our other Immigration laws are scoffed at. The suggestion of putting them in jails, similar to Sheriff Arpaio's might not be a bad idea. Let the word get back to the illegals that if, they get caught, they go to jail for 2-yrs. and would have to pick-up trash off our highways and work on road gangs, might help deter them. Oh... and make 'em wear PINK!

Chuck

They would likely welcome the windfall change in eating habits.

Now - if all we served them was taco bell . . . they might reconsider.

Talk about Montezuma's revenge!:D

Chuck

disclaimer: No, I don't want to close the border or deport everyone who doesn't look like me, but this country needs to secure the border so it can control who and what comes across.

Or open it completely and document everyone so we know who is here, get rid of any financial incentives to come here for a free ride, make the penalties for hiring anyone illegally here very high, and let the guys in and out to pick strawberries. One of the reasons they don't go home after the growing season is that we make it so difficult to come back, so once people are in, they stay, and we end up with the mess of fake IDs and having no idea who's here. A lot of the migrant workers would love to go home for the off season and come back when there's work so they can make a few bucks to send home so the kids can eat. And personally, I like paying a couple bucks for a basket of strawberries, so that's fine with me.

Quit that. There will be no constructive discussion sin SC.
Remster

>Or open it completely and document everyone so we know who is here, get
>rid of any financial incentives to come here for a free ride, make the
>penalties for hiring anyone illegally here very high, and let the guys in and
>out to pick strawberries.

Agreed. And tax the heck out of them; put them in the highest tax bracket there is. Then provide them with a tax refund at the end of the year, redeemable in person at our Mexico City embassy.

Agreed. And tax the heck out of them; put them in the highest tax bracket there is. Then provide them with a tax refund at the end of the year, redeemable in person at our Mexico City embassy.

Change that to "redeemable in person at our border on the way out or at an airport once security has been cleared and proof of a ticket with an international destination is produced" and I'm okay with that. Not all our migrant workers are from Mexico, we don't have an embassy in every country, and not every migrant can afford a trip to Mexico City (heck, I can't afford a trip to Mexico City!)

>Change that to "redeemable in person at our border on the way out or at
>an airport once security has been cleared and proof of a ticket with an
>international destination is produced" and I'm okay with that.

Fair enough. Redeemable at the destination airport would be even better.

>Change that to "redeemable in person at our border on the way out or at
>an airport once security has been cleared and proof of a ticket with an
>international destination is produced" and I'm okay with that.

Fair enough. Redeemable at the destination airport would be even better.

Yes, but more logistically difficult, since you could have someone board a Lufthansa flight here at LAX, refuel in Germany, and final stop in Addis Ababa.

Change that to "redeemable in person at our border on the way out or at an airport once security has been cleared and proof of a ticket with an international destination is produced" and I'm okay with that. Not all our migrant workers are from Mexico, we don't have an embassy in every country, and not every migrant can afford a trip to Mexico City (heck, I can't afford a trip to Mexico City!)

I think you mean that the checks can be dispursed by their own goverment officials when they return to check in with their visa.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I think you mean that the checks can be dispursed by their own goverment officials when they return to check in with their visa.

Why would a foreign country handle our tax refunds, and honestly, can we really trust certain countries to deliver the funds to those who have earned them? If we withheld the tax, then it is our responsibility to make sure that the tax refund can get back in the hands of those it belongs to, even if we are using it as an incentive for workers to return home.

Why would a foreign country handle our tax refunds, and honestly, can we really trust certain countries to deliver the funds to those who have earned them? If we withheld the tax, then it is our responsibility to make sure that the tax refund can get back in the hands of those it belongs to, even if we are using it as an incentive for workers to return home.

Because it insures that the funds are dispersed to the correct person (keeps the false papares from being generated or paid for) in the correct country and insures thet they are in that country and their visa is returned to the issuing government (Once again reducing the forgeries).

It is also assures that the taxes that the immigrant comes from gets their piece and insures that they would be in favor of the transaction and help the economy of that government.

ETA: bold words for further clarification and after thought.

>opening of the border will not stop unauthorised entry

Sure it would - by definition. There will be no such thing as "unauthorized entry."

>and some smuggling etc will still be present !

Can't smuggle something somewhere when it's legal to walk with it in plain sight. It would be like trying to smuggle sand into Arizona.

>opening of the border will not stop unauthorised entry

Sure it would - by definition. There will be no such thing as "unauthorized entry."

>and some smuggling etc will still be present !

Can't smuggle something somewhere when it's legal to walk with it in plain sight. It would be like trying to smuggle sand into Arizona.

And safety and security goes from "freightfully lacking" to "Virtually Nonexistant"

Because it insures that the funds are dispersed to the correct person in the correct country and insures thet they are in that country and their visa is returned to the issuing government.

It is also assures that the taxes that the immigrant comes from gets their poiece and insures that they would be in favor of the transaction and help the economy of that government.

Would you really trust, for example, North Korea, to disperse funds properly to it's citizens? um...no. The thing is, I don't care whether someone left their country legally (we have procedures for legal extradition if they're wanted for a crime), or if they return to that country or want to go somewhere else. They don't have to go home...they just can't stay here permanently if they come in as part of a migrant worker program, so they can take any remainder owed to them on their way out. Maybe someone from central America may want to stay with a friend or family in Mexico during the off season. It's a long trip to central America and back, so maybe someone only wants to make that trip every other year, and gives a friend a little money to put him up in Mexico for the off season sometimes. Not a problem for us, and probably not a problem for Mexico, since it's money coming their way too.

>And safety and security goes from "freightfully lacking" to "Virtually
>Nonexistant"

Security doesn't go to "virtually nonexistent." It goes to literally nonexistent. That's what "open border" means.

Whether safety goes to "virtually nonexistent" depends on how afraid you are of Mexicans.

>Nonexistant"

Security doesn't go to "virtually nonexistent." It goes to literally nonexistent. That's what "open border" means.

Whether safety goes to "virtually nonexistent" depends on how afraid you are of many crimes are committed by Mexicans.

Fixed that for you.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Nonexistant"

Whether safety goes to "virtually nonexistent" depends on how afraid you are of Mexicans.

What does one's fear have to do with another's actions?

Are you saying that if you were afraid of black people, or mexicans, they are more likely to attack you, or defraud you?

Security being non-existant would seem to be a rather large problem. Why would support that?

>What does one's fear have to do with another's actions?

It doesn't; it just changes one's perceptions.

People afraid of Mexicans would likely not want to live in El Paso - despite the fact that it is the third safest city in the US.

>Are you saying that if you were afraid of black people, or mexicans, they
>are more likely to attack you, or defraud you?

Personally? No.

However, some people are afraid of black people. and feel less secure if blacks move in next to them. Similarly, some people are afraid of Mexicans, and would be fearful if more of them were able to enter the US.

>What does one's fear have to do with another's actions?

It doesn't; it just changes one's perceptions.

People afraid of Mexicans would likely not want to live in El Paso - despite the fact that it is the third safest city in the US.

>Are you saying that if you were afraid of black people, or mexicans, they
>are more likely to attack you, or defraud you?

Personally? No.

However, some people are afraid of black people. and feel less secure if blacks move in next to them. Similarly, some people are afraid of Mexicans, and would be fearful if more of them were able to enter the US.

I was speaking of security more in the line of being able to protect ourselves from those people that would have us blown up or under the rubble of freshly destroyed buildings.