wmw999

Great Quotes

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13:4-7

God, I want that...

:$

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13:4-7
God, I want that...

marriage vows or nuptials !

God, I want that...

marriage vows or nuptials !

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." -1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

“We think the Commission, in many ways, was set up to fail. Because we had not enough money, we didn”t have enough time, and we have been appointed by the most partisan people in Washington.”
— Governor Thomas Kean, Chairmain of the 9/11 Commission

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win” -- Mahatma Gandhi

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” -- Thomas Jefferson

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

“We think the Commission, in many ways, was set up to fail. Because we had not enough money, we didn”t have enough time, and we have been appointed by the most partisan people in Washington.”

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win” -- Mahatma Gandhi

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” -- Thomas Jefferson

The most painful death in all the world is the death of a child. When a child dies, when one child dies-not the 11 per 1,000 we talk about statistically, but the one that a mother held briefly in her arms-he leaves an empty place in a parent's heart that will never heal.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[reply.........

Which ones are the "winners"... the men, women and children that "honorably" and passively submit to tyranny, martyrdom and genocide or the ones who are left and, only by luck, managed to escape the carnage and are still left living after offering themselves up to the sacrifice? (Wouldn't that be "dishonorable"?)

one small step for man , one giant step for mankind !

Armstrong blew his line, what he meant to say was: " one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/onesmall.asp

Well, I can't blame him, he had just landed on the freakin' moon! But somehow the ambiguity makes it a better line anyway.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

One of my favorites. And, folks, even if you don't believe in God, this is why the Bible has value -- eloquent statements that are good to aspire to.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Turk, from Scrubs

"Baby, if you need it that bad, I'll suck it up, and close my eyes SO tight, and do you"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

one small step for man , one giant step for mankind !

Armstrong blew his line, what he meant to say was: " one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/onesmall.asp

I have always thought that. The way his voice trails off at the end, I think he realized it also.
But in his situation, I would've probably said something like, "Motherfucker! Look at this shit!!" It would not really have been one for the history books.:)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

"The ostensible supporters of the Constitution, like the ostensible supporters of most other governments, are made up of three classes, viz.: 1. Knaves, a numerous and active class, who see in the government an instrument which they can use for their own aggrandizement or wealth. 2. Dupes—a large class, no doubt—each of whom, because he is allowed one voice out of millions in deciding what he may do with his own person and his own property, and because he is permitted to have the same voice in robbing, enslaving, and murdering others, that others have in robbing, enslaving, and murdering himself, is stupid enough to imagine that he is a “free man,” a “sovereign”; that this is “a free government”; “a government of equal rights,” “the best government on earth,” and such like absurdities. 3. A class who have some appreciation of the evils of government, but either do not see how to get rid of them, or do not choose to so far sacrifice their private interests as to give themselves seriously and earnestly to the work of making a change."

Lysander Spooner
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

"In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny. If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen! "

Samuel Adams
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

A thought from another thread:

"If you laid all the ecconomists in the world end to end, they still would not reach a conclusion."

Don't know who said it.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

”Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
- Cesare Beccaria

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

"Without doubt one is allowed to resist against the unjust aggressor to one's life, one's goods or one's physical integrity; sometimes, even 'til the aggressor’s death.... In fact, this act is aimed at preserving one’s life or one’s goods and to make the aggressor powerless. Thus, it is a good act, which is the right of the victim."
- St Thomas Aquinas

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
- COL Jeff Cooper

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

”Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
- Cesare Beccaria

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

"Without doubt one is allowed to resist against the unjust aggressor to one's life, one's goods or one's physical integrity; sometimes, even 'til the aggressor’s death.... In fact, this act is aimed at preserving one’s life or one’s goods and to make the aggressor powerless. Thus, it is a good act, which is the right of the victim."
- St Thomas Aquinas

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
- COL Jeff Cooper

Damn! ....that thing about the guitar really sucks! [:/] No wonder I've gotten no farther than I have after 45 years of "playing". :P