regulator

U.N. delegates walk out during Iranian president's speech

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/23/un.ahmadinejad.walkouts/index.html?hpt=T1

(CNN) -- Representatives from the United States and many other nations walked out of the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered a fiery speech that criticized the U.S., the U.N. and capitalism itself.

Incendiary statements from Ahmadinejad are nothing new for the assembled delegates. But tension grew as he recounted various conspiracy theories about the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S., driving multiple representatives from the hall.

"Some segments within the US government orchestrated the attack," Ahmadinejad told the assembly. He followed with the claim that the attacks were aimed at reversing "the declining American economy and its scripts on the Middle East in order to save the Zionist regime. The majority of the American people, as well as most nations and politicians around the world, agree with this view."

After that statement, delegates rose and exited the hall. Representatives from the U.S., the United Kingdom, Sweden, Australia, Belgium, Uruguay and Spain walked out while Ahmadinejad discussed claims that the U.S. was involved in the attacks or allowed them to happen as an excuse to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Mark Kornblau, a spokesman for the U.S. Mission to the U.N., said in a statement, "Rather than representing the aspirations and goodwill of the Iranian people, Mr. Ahmadinejad has yet again chosen to spout vile conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic slurs that are as abhorrent and delusional as they are predictable."

A European Union diplomat said that all 27 member nations had agreed to walk out if Ahmadinejad made inflammatory statements during his address.

But Ahmadinejad did not demur from his line of attack as the walkouts proceeded. He went on to compare the deaths in the September 11 attacks to the casualty count in the wars in Afghanistan in Iraq.

"It was said that some 3,000 people were killed on September 11th, for which we are all very saddened," he said. "Yet, up until now in Afghanistan and Iraq, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, millions wounded and displaced, and the conflict is still going on and expanding."

Ahmadinejad also continued the attack on capitalism that he began Monday, during an address at the Millennium Global Development Summit. He linked the U.S.-led conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan with wars for colonial expansion in Africa, Latin America and Asia.

The Iranian president touched on the recent controversy over a Florida pastor's plans to burn Qurans. Ahmadinejad waved copies of a Bible and a Quran as he declared his respect and reverence for both.

He concluded his address with a defense of Iran's nuclear ambitions, discussing a recently submitted statement to the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency

Looks like the Truthers have a new champion.

I know a "local theorist" (thank you for the inspiration for the change of title Amazon:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Some segments within the US government orchestrated the attack,"
"The attacks were aimed at reversing "the declining American economy and its scripts on the Middle East in order to save the Zionist regime. The majority of the American people, as well as most nations and politicians around the world, agree with this view.""
"The U.S. was involved in the attacks or allowed them to happen as an excuse to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq."
"It was said that some 3,000 people were killed on September 11th, for which we are all very saddened," he said. "Yet, up until now in Afghanistan and Iraq, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, millions wounded and displaced, and the conflict is still going on and expanding."

Our resident Truther has already made claims that were identical, almost word for word, to those by Ahmadinejad.
Two peas in a pod. :)

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Looks like the Truthers have a new champion.

Nah, our champions are the true american patriots.

I thank him for getting this into the media though, there is no evading this one.

Check the online replies to all the news stories relating to the subject, while you morons revel in you own crap, the world is opening thier eyes.
While you are all so certain the 'conclusion' is correct and doesn't deserve discussion.

9/11 remains the most researched subject in the world today.

All fifteen or so of you that make up the vast majority of the posts here have scared the majority away from this forum, the bigoted and pathetic arguments are not worth the energy.

In 2001 there were plenty more that questioned the official story, but you pressured them to go away because you simply attacked them...

as you were!

The place is yours...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Are you happy that the guy that you just vetted also claims that the holocaust didn't really happen?

No Jews were actually killed.
The whole thing was a hoax.

That is the guy you just lumped in with you and are thankful for his comments.

:D:D:D

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The guy gives a shithole speech to the UN assembly specifically knocking the US and Israel, and conspiracy sutjobs love him. I'm not surprised.

And this guy that you're thanking, yeah, he:

- runs a government so corrupt it makes Mexico and Africa look like model of law abiding efficiency
- returned to his religious folks after a previous UN speech and said he felt like he had a halo over his head during the speech
- criticized the US for executing a woman who hired a hitman to off her husband and son, but is ok with stoning a 15 year old girl in his coutry for being raped, and beating or killing anyone who offends his sense of decorum
- was caught defrauding his own people by claiming ownership of certain building ideas
- thinks believes KNOWS that his religion is the only right one and all the world should abide by its laws.

And like other folks mentioned, he thinks the holocaust never happened. Sure, a real gem, well thought out and reasoned, no doubt about it. And now he thinks 9/11 was an inside job. Uh huh. Sure it was. That deserves as much consideration as the rest of his nonsense.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

(run-down on Ahmedinejad's many idiocies)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day:), but if it's still running and broken, it's never right

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just wonder if he really, truely believes the crap he spouts, or if he is just trying to piss people off?

Every thing I know of the guy his history, his actions before he was elected, and now tells me he is fucking insane.

Its embarrassing to hear him talk I cant explain it he sounds so.......ghetto I cant think of the proper word.

For some reason this comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6868F53rgKw&feature=related
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I was thinking the same thing. He is a whackjob surround by sycophantic zealots and yes-men. I think he really is so nuts that he believes his own propaganda. Reminds me of dear leader KJI.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>I thank him for getting this into the media though, there is no evading this one.

The worst thing that could happen to _any_ cause is have a crazy, manipulative and dishonest guy start to champion their cause.

He denies the Holocaust, now he's denying what happened on 9/11. People might just equate the two given his staunch support of both conspiracy theories - and assign similar probabilities to both.

>the bigoted and pathetic arguments are not worth the energy.

Apparently they are to you; you have posted hundreds of said posts discussing the issue.

(run-down on Ahmedinejad's many idiocies)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day:), but if it's still running and broken, it's never right

Wendy P.

Kind of... the idea of politics is not to give the true time,
but whatever time you want them to believe.
In Iran, it is whatever time he says it is. ;)

Politics is mostly done by coalition.
Not everyone agrees, but the group is in general agreement.
So, this would be the analogy of a clock that loses a minute per day. Pretty close on most days, and would probably be adjusted before it was very wrong.
(Otherwise it takes 2 years to be exactly right.
To be exactly right, politicians would have to agree with me. :ph34r:)

A clock that loses a second a day is only right every 118 years, but pretty close for a while.

:):D

9/11 remains the most researched subject in the world today.

In 2001 there were plenty more that questioned the official story, but you pressured them to go away because you simply attacked them...

Actually, human biology (apologies if that is the wrong term) is most likely the number one topic of research in the world today. All those universities, and medical schools, and other places of research such as hospitals, etc.

But yes, I'm sure that in your super-duper-hyperbolic deluded mind you are convinced that there is more research related to 9/11 than anything else in the world.

Did it occur to you that there were more people asking questions then because so many questions had yet to be answered. In other words, there are less people asking the questions now because the questions have all been answered (to the satisfaction of all but a relatively small number of nutjobs).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley