Andy9o8

Christine O'Donnell: Some mice have fully-functioning Human Brains

Nice personal attack on this another poster.

Interesting how you did not respond to the attack on every liberal on the site which that poster did. What was that talk of an agenda again?

Since you post on here, does that make you a dork? Or only those that do not agree with you? Isn't that a personal attack?

Christine O'Donnell appears to be a very poor candidate. But so is her opponent.

Really? I suggest you re-read Christopher Coons's background excerpts in my post #58.

Here's more of his background that hasn't been mentioned yet, namely, his political career:

Coons first became involved in politics working on behalf of Republican politicians, first for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaign in 1980 and then for Bill Roth's Senate campaign in 1982.[6] During college, he switched from being a Republican to a Democrat and in 1988, Coons worked as a volunteer for the Senate campaign of Democratic Delaware Lt. Gov. Shien Biau Woo[5]. He was a delegate from Wilmington to the 1996 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. His first elected office was President of the New Castle County Council, elected in 2000 and serving four years before being elected County Executive in 2004.

In his six years in office as County Executive, Coons balanced the budget with a surplus in fiscal year 2010 by cutting spending and raising taxes.[13] New Castle County maintained a AAA bond rating throughout his tenure.[14]

Now, I realize that hard-core conservatives can cherry-pick out the phrase "raising taxes" and play it up like a bogeyman; but the simple fact is: Coons's background makes him an excellent candidate. Your position simply is not credible.

Nobody parades around spewing ignorance more than Christine O'Donnell. How stupid do you have to be to think that "Intelligent Design" and Creation are two different things, and to go and say that Evolution is "just a theory" and that it is not a scientific accepted fact. That alone is the most destructive thing she could have said in my eyes.

You also gotta love the little "where in the constitution is the separation of church and state???"

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Please show me where separation of church and state are printed in the Constitution? I know where the congress shall write no law is but I am interested in your input

Also, I dont think anyone denies that speicies evolve and change but, taking it to the man from monkeys level is yet just a theory ?

I do know the media is having fun with this and you seem to be drinking the kool aid

Good place to leave this I guess

Are you really asking me where in the Constitution does it say that?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Make no law for ESTABLISHING a religion, therefore the government cannot establish a religion, in dumb plain English the church (religion) the state (government) shall not be together in other words once again, separate. I feel like I'm wasting my time even trying to water down something that is so easy to understand. That's like asking where in the 3 Little Pigs is there a reference to the wolf...

As for the topic of evolution, you clearly lack the very rudimentary understanding of evolution. No scientist has ever said we came from apes and we evolved from monkeys like you usually like to claim. We share a common ancestor with primates, I'm not going to argue the facts with you because evolution is an accepted scientific fact, it does not matter how much evidence we have for it (which there is a plethora) it is concrete.

Open a text book. Please.

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

And I see you could not find the seperation statement. You only gave one interpitation of what you posted.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why don't you give your interpretation, instead of just identifying that he's given his.

His seems to be in line with the one taken by the courts as a rule, I will say that.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nobody parades around spewing ignorance more than Christine O'Donnell. How stupid do you have to be to think that "Intelligent Design" and Creation are two different things, and to go and say that Evolution is "just a theory" and that it is not a scientific accepted fact. That alone is the most destructive thing she could have said in my eyes.

You also gotta love the little "where in the constitution is the separation of church and state???"

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Please show me where separation of church and state are printed in the Constitution? I know where the congress shall write no law is but I am interested in your input

Also, I dont think anyone denies that speicies evolve and change but, taking it to the man from monkeys level is yet just a theory ?

I do know the media is having fun with this and you seem to be drinking the kool aid

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Make no law for ESTABLISHING a religion, therefore the government cannot establish a religion, in dumb plain English the church (religion) the state (government) shall not be together in other words once again, separate. I feel like I'm wasting my time even trying to water down something that is so easy to understand. That's like asking where in the 3 Little Pigs is there a reference to the wolf...

As for the topic of evolution, you clearly lack the very rudimentary understanding of evolution. No scientist has ever said we came from apes and we evolved from monkeys like you usually like to claim. We share a common ancestor with primates, I'm not going to argue the facts with you because evolution is an accepted scientific fact, it does not matter how much evidence we have for it (which there is a plethora) it is concrete.

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

And I see you could not find the seperation statement. You only gave one interpitation of what you posted means

We share a common ancestry sorry I did not catch my typo. Same statement applies though. I am not going to sit here and talk to myself about scientific facts because I know you are going to hold your position even if everything is laid out in front of you clear as day, there is just no use arguing. If you do wish to learn about evolution I suggest you visit talkorigins.org or watch a video of common ancestry being explained if you don't feel like reading.

Long story short the only reason you're asking me where is all this evidence?! is because you have not tried to even look into evolution you just made an assumption based off of what you think you know. Just go read about it and do the studying for yourself and think for yourself for once.

And I know you have not even bothered to look at the evidence because you got the very definition of evolution wrong.
B.A.S.E. #1734

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

And I see you could not find the seperation statement. You only gave one interpitation of what you posted means

We share a common ancestry sorry I did not catch my typo. Same statement applies though. I am not going to sit here and talk to myself about scientific facts because I know you are going to hold your position even if everything is laid out in front of you clear as day, there is just no use arguing. If you do wish to learn about evolution I suggest you visit talkorigins.org or watch a video of common ancestry being explained if you don't feel like reading.

Long story short the only reason you're asking me where is all this evidence?! is because you have not tried to even look into evolution you just made an assumption based off of what you think you know. Just go read about it and do the studying for yourself and think for yourself for once.

And I know you have not even bothered to look at the evidence because you got the very definition of evolution wrong.

SO, you cant do it .....right?

As of yet I have not stated a postion (for the most part) that is a dangerous assumption on your part. As for me? Claims are being made here. I am just asking for them to backed up.
Abraham Lincoln

Somebody must be paying you to do this to make liberals look good. That's it, isn't it?

Yaaaaa

right
Abraham Lincoln

Why do you people idolize these politicians? Time after time they do nothing but disappoint. Chris Coons is a lawyer. Need I say more?

Christine O'Donnell is definitely a poor candidate and because of this Chris "The Taxman" Coon will likely win. But the USA has a spending problem. Raising taxes is not the solution to spending problems. Controlling one's spending is the solution. The USA does not need more "Taxmen" like Chris Coon, the USA needs people who are not afraid of cutting back on the out of control government spending (yes this included controlling one's spending on the military).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

As of yet I have not stated a postion (for the most part) that is a dangerous assumption on your part. As for me? Claims are being made here. I am just asking for them to backed up.

Me not explaining the vast topic of evolution to you on this forum does not denote my credibility of me or that of evolution, obviously I'm not an evolutionary biologist but I have studied the theory of evolution in more ways than one and I understand and comprehend it, so everything I say will just be a regurgitation of what people a lot smarter than me with an education and with funding and hard work and dedication have figured out through unbiased science. I don't care if evolution is fact or not, but we know that it is just like the earth is a sphere and not flat. There is no point in me explaining evolution to you when you can go to the sources and learned where I have learned and not have me waste my time explaining something you probably don't really want to learn because if you did want to learn you would be out there reading about it and doing your own thinking.
B.A.S.E. #1734

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

Me not explaining the vast topic of evolution to you on this forum does not denote my credibility of me or that of evolution, obviously I'm not an evolutionary biologist but I have studied the theory of evolution in more ways than one and I understand and comprehend it, so everything I say will just be a regurgitation of what people a lot smarter than me with an education and with funding and hard work and dedication have figured out through unbiased science. I don't care if evolution is fact or not, but we know that it is just like the earth is a sphere and not flat. There is no point in me explaining evolution to you when you can go to the sources and learned where I have learned and not have me waste my time explaining something you probably don't really want to learn because if you did want to learn you would be out there reading about it and doing your own thinking.

SO, by your own words, it is just a theory.

Thanks

Oh

and I have read

Maybe you have learned something here

Oh, and thank you
I do do my own thinking
Abraham Lincoln

Rush, if you're not willing to state a position you're not debating. If you spend all of your time trying to poke holes in others' positions, it's pretty logical to assume you are against their position. If not, then either you're a college professor trying to "encourage them to think" (my dad used to do that :S) or just a natural contrarian who holds no beliefs other than trying to make himself look smart by putting others down.

Hint to all: one generally looks smarter by saying smart things and occasionally taking intellectual risks. If you keep putting others down to make yourself "look smarter" you just end up making the whole group look stupid.

So -- do you have thoughts on the issue?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Why do you people idolize these politicians? Time after time they do nothing but disappoint. Chris Coons is a lawyer. Need I say more?

To act out one's penis envy? Certainly not.

Christine O'Donnell is definitely a poor candidate and because of this Chris "The Taxman" Coon will likely win. But the USA has a spending problem. Raising taxes is not the solution to spending problems. Controlling one's spending is the solution. The USA does not need more "Taxmen" like Chris Coon, the USA needs people who are not afraid of cutting back on the out of control government spending (yes this included controlling one's spending on the military).

How predictable that you'd cherry-pick out that one phrase. OHH!! That's right! I did predict it in my post! Anyhow, you'll see that, as County Executive for 6 years, he balanced his county's budget equally by cutting spending, and maintained his county's AAA bond rating. What a commie freak!

Give me a break GOP...

On another note

Which ancestor is that?

Where is the concrete?

SO, by your own words, it is just a theory.

Thanks

Oh

and I have read

Maybe you have learned something here

Oh, and thank you
I do do my own thinking

Do you not know what a theory is?? A theory is not a hypothesis which is what you seem to not understand. A theory is an established scientific model that explains observations and makes predictions through mechanisms. Evolution is a model that scientists use and have developed upon. Saying evolution is "just a theory" doesn't argue anything.

If you want to say a theory is not credible in science then you basically are saying that Gravity is non existent because we explain and understand gravity under Einsteins THEORY of relativity, but you don't go around arguing about relativity do you?
B.A.S.E. #1734

Rush, if you're not willing to state a position you're not debating. If you spend all of your time trying to poke holes in others' positions, it's pretty logical to assume you are against their position. If not, then either you're a college professor trying to "encourage them to think" (my dad used to do that :S) or just a natural contrarian who holds no beliefs other than trying to make himself look smart by putting others down.

Hint to all: one generally looks smarter by saying smart things and occasionally taking intellectual risks. If you keep putting others down to make yourself "look smarter" you just end up making the whole group look stupid.

So -- do you have thoughts on the issue?

Wendy P.

Sorry this is so threatening to you

I have not put anyone down here. A claim has been made. They were called on it. As of yet it can not be backed up.

Assumptions were made as to what I beleive and now you make a claim assumption I am trying to make myself look smarter?

Oh, and usually no one has to do anything to make those so inclined look stupid.

This thread is about O'Donnell and the comments made about her. I am just questioning those.

So, who did I put down here?
Abraham Lincoln

The word "theory" has a different meaning in science vs. the arts. In science, the following are also theories:
Gravity
Relativity
Cell theory
Kinetic theory of gases
Continental drift
Plate tectonics

So what do you think? Want to share it, or, like a middle-aged lady in an opaque negligee, do you figure that what we think is better than what we see?

Wendy P.