Andy9o8

Who gives a shit what religion the President is?

There seems to be a whole bunch of people who don't want a christian president, but those same people somehow don't care if the president is muslim. Go figure.

Where on earth have you got that from?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There seems to be a whole bunch of people who don't want a christian president, but those same people somehow don't care if the president is muslim. Go figure.

Please tell me you're not serious?!

I am indeed serious. If you think the same as John, perhaps you can tell me why?

TEXAS cognitive abilities.

I think that there are some people who would be more concerned about the degree of religiosity of the president than which particular religion he practiced.

Sunday church-going Episcopalian: OK
Daily church-going snake-handling dude: maybe not
Saturday synagogue-going Conservative Jew: OK
Hasid who won't touch women: maybe not

etc. etc. etc.

It's about whether you value the civil order and society in the US as separate from the religious one. The Constitution pretty clearly (to me, at least) tries to separate them, and it's important to me that the President think so too.

Whether religion (and which one) guides his personal thoughts is up to him.

Oh -- and Amazon -- there are plenty of smart people in Texas. They can't really be categorized any more easily than anyone else who doesn't choose to be categorized.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am indeed serious. If you think the same as John, perhaps you can tell me why?

I can tell you why. Although its not true, there are MANY stupid Americans who believe that President Obama is Muslim!
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I can tell you why. Although its not true, there are MANY stupid Americans who believe that President Obama is Muslim!

Riiight. Those are people who do want a christian president and who do care if the president is a muslim (hence why it was made up in the first place). That's the opposite of what JR said.

Riiight. Those are people who do want a christian president and who do care if the president is a muslim (hence why it was made up in the first place). That's the opposite of what JR said.

I don't care if he is a muslim, I do care if he lies about his faith and if he is a radical in his faith. We do know he has either lied about his faith or is radical about his faith and that is disturbing to me

We do know he has either lied about his faith or is radical about his faith and that is disturbing to me

How do you know that?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think that there are some people who would be more concerned about the degree of religiosity of the president than which particular religion he practiced.

Sunday church-going Episcopalian: OK
Daily church-going snake-handling dude: maybe not
Saturday synagogue-going Conservative Jew: OK
Hasid who won't touch women: maybe not

etc. etc. etc.

It's about whether you value the civil order and society in the US as separate from the religious one. The Constitution pretty clearly (to me, at least) tries to separate them, and it's important to me that the President think so too.

Whether religion (and which one) guides his personal thoughts is up to him.

Oh -- and Amazon -- there are plenty of smart people in Texas. They can't really be categorized any more easily than anyone else who doesn't choose to be categorized.

Wendy P.

But in all my trips to Texas over my lifetime... I keep meeting the not so smart..with those VERY same attitudes in DROVES.... then agin... it aint just Texas.. just that general di rec tion.

I can think of very few Texicans here that break my stereotype, you of course...Lisa Marie and Brains and family. Then again there are a few good ones who have escaped like Shotgun and John Mitchell. I wish Pops was still with us.... man do I miss his all too spankable persona here.

I don't care if he is a muslim, I do care if he lies about his faith and if he is a radical in his faith. We do know he has either lied about his faith or is radical about his faith and that is disturbing to me

No, we don't. That's the made up bit I was referring to.

(Ok, he did go on about his christianity rather too much during the election, but I wouldn't have called it radical.)

Roughly a third of conservative Republicans (34%) believe Obama is a Muslim.

Source: pewresearch.org/pubs/1701/poll-obama-muslim-christian-church-out-of-politics-political-leaders-religious

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We do know he has either lied about his faith or is radical about his faith and that is disturbing to me

How do you know that?

Wendy P.

well he said he is a christian and did belong to a church that had rev wright - that would be radical. I heard 5 different sound bites this morning of Obama talking about his muslim religion and how he was raised in the muslim faith - that would be the lie. one is true and it doesn't really make a difference.

I don't care what religion the president is, as long as he uses information and logic in his decision-making, and not his religion.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't care what religion the president is, as long as he uses information and logic in his decision-making, and not his religion.

Thats the problem. If he is truly religious, it will affect his every decision.

True, but I suspect there are a lot of US politicians who attend church not because they believe in it, but because they know that appearing non-religious in the US would be political suicide.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

'Zon, you should know that you and I are pretty much on the same page politically, but that looked like a PA to me.[:/]

well he said he is a christian and did belong to a church that had rev wright - that would be radical. I heard 5 different sound bites this morning of Obama talking about his muslim religion and how he was raised in the muslim faith - that would be the lie. one is true and it doesn't really make a difference.

Ok, let me get this straight - you think that Obama is claiming that he is a muslim?

'Zon, you should know that you and I are pretty much on the same page politically, but that looked like a PA to me.[:/]

It goes directly to the point that a WHOLE bunch of Texicans who pre=ofess to be conservatives actually believe he is a muslim.. and not born in this country. Obviously.. there is some sort of cognitive issue if the people who believe that can't rub enough brain cells together to figure it out.:S:S:S

What OTHER motive do they actually have to believe that of our president???

Are you one of the 20% of Americans that believes Obama is a Muslim?

A yes or no answer will suffice.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ok, let me get this straight - you think that Obama is claiming that he is a muslim?

no Obama has said he is a christian and was raised a muslim. what I think he is doesn't matter. that he is either a radical or a liar is what matters.