dreamdancer

Watch: What a Legal Pot Economy Would Look Like

yummy...

This fall Californians will go the polls with a chance to make history. They will be able to cast a vote to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol or cigarettes. California's Proposition 19 is one of many similar initiatives cropping up on state ballots across the country.

Whether it's calls for decriminalization or medical marijuana the end of cannabis prohibition has never seemed closer. In this short animated parable, "The Flower," award winning artist Haik Hoisington contrasts a legal marijuana economy with an illegal one, to show how everyone stands to benefit from ending the war on weed.

"The Flower" contrasts a utopian society that freely farms and consumes a pleasure giving flower with a society where the same flower is illegal and its consumption is prohibited. The animation is a meditation on the social and economic costs of marijuana prohibition.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/147663/watch%3A_what_a_legal_pot_economy_would_look_like/
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Eh, cute. Though i agree it should be legalized, I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs. To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Eh, cute. Though i agree it should be legalized, I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs. To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.

With respect to those who self-medicate their problems, you may be right. But the flaw in your logic is the erroneous premise that those who "chemically alter their brain function to feel better" necessarily are self-medicating problems.

And here I always thought your screen name had something to do with beer. So much for assumptions....

I would like to be able to take a toke in the evening without being worried about getting busted at home or getting fired at work.

From another viewpoint, there's a problem with determining sobriety. Blood Alcohol Content is easy to find out but there is not a similar test for pot. A road side sobriety test would work for law enforcement but that might be arguable. While I look forward to legalization (hopefully in my lifetime) I would not want to think that people who need to make quick, clear headed decisions were high. On pot or alclhol or pills or anything else. I don't know what the answer is but I would like to be able to fire one up as easily and as safely as opening a beer.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

to show how everyone stands to benefit from ending the war on weed.

Not everyone. Ignoring the criminal elements, which we don't care about, the current medical marijuana growers are generally opposed to this, for the obvious self interest.

Well, not that Californians need any additional Dreamdancer's Bopping about saying WOW backwards:S, but what do we expect from the Land of Fruits and Nuts, other than people being stupid. WEED, some people need to move on past High School and grow up.

Do you drink alcohol, anything with caffeine or sugar in it?

I am not saying it is okay to utilized illegal substances but some people people don't smoke pot to cope with day to day life.

That is what prescriptions from and MD are for...:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs.

Many people that use marijuana are in chronic pain. My father is a vietnam vet that was shot 13 times. It helps him cope with the pain better than all of the drugs that the VA gives him. I don't use it myself, but I support the legalization of it. In Denver, you just need a card from a doctor and you can purchase and use it legally.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

They need to add a message about not driving while high.

Traffic has slowed down 5-10 MPH since they legalized marijuana in Denver. But people can't seem to stay in their lane or turn well.

If you think about it, low-speed crashes are good for the economy.

And here I always thought your screen name had something to do with beer. So much for assumptions....

I thought it was the Belgian draft horse his name was referencing. Smaller than a clydesdale, but not by much.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Not everyone. Ignoring the criminal elements, which we don't care about, the current medical marijuana growers are generally opposed to this, for the obvious self interest.

There are large warehouses that have been bought by investors just in case the bill passes. Some of these areas are the size of two football fields. Most of the small growers will disappear overnight. The pot counter-culture will change as business suits take control of the pot economy.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs. To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.

Many people feel the same way about skydivers...."adrenaline junkies";)

Things not addressed:
1. Buy stock in all snack food companies.
2. Put armed guards around all snack food businesses.
3. Put large, rubber bumpers around all cars.
4. Open up a Pot Bar....preferably next door to the snack food shops.
5. Sell stock in all companies that actually require production activities. (wait...that includes snack food companies, right?). In that case...
6. Ban all pot heads from working in snack food companies.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

With respect to those who self-medicate their problems, you may be right. But the flaw in your logic is the erroneous premise that those who "chemically alter their brain function to feel better" necessarily are self-medicating problems.

What other reason would you give other than medical use?
HAMMER:

Yep, so much for assumptions. Maybe the pic I pulled off the web will help.
HAMMER: