dreamdancer

Watch: What a Legal Pot Economy Would Look Like

My personal view is it is an ancient medicine plant. Any substance can be abused...food, sugar,high fructose corn syrup and even water will kill you if you drink to much.
It's a plant for fucks sake. Does anyone know that salt kills people as well.
Juicing the cannabis plant gives you high doses of the CBD's and very little THC (read doesn't get you high) and guess what...it shrinks tumors.
All you do gooders go to your AMA docs and think the poison they give you is fine and eat that GMO crap but a natural plant, you must be drug addict...everything a human ingests affects the body and mind.

Wake the fuck up people!

BTW read the California initiative. It has mandatory 3-7 years in prison if you fuck up. That's not legalization.

It's the corporate takeover of cannabis production.

No more mom and pop farms if that one passes.

I'm voting no to that.

If you read my posts would would know that I don't give a shit whether you smoke or not. It's up to you.
Your post is a perfect example of how smokers treat non-smokers....if you ain't one of us, you must be against us.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

To be fair, anything can be abused. But that's like comparing guns to hammers as murder weapons. Because people can kill with a hammer does it mean a hammer needs a license to buy?

Now as I stated before, I am for legalizing weed. But not because I think it's good for you, or I support it's usage (outside of medical).

I refuse to date people that smoke, drink, do drugs, are religious because it's something I don't want to associate with closely.

But people should have the right to smoke weed, it's so much healthier than cigarettes.

And if one has to look at the social effects of alcohol and tobacco, that is the reason why I don't support it. I'm not big on supporting habits which leave millions of kids parentless, increases road deaths, rape, domestic abuse and child abuse. And while some do drink responsibly, good for them but I'd rather not support an industry that gets paid for peoples suffering. I guess some people are cool with leaving their kids with 1 less parent or smoking around them and fucking up their health, I'm not one.

When you look at the risks posed by alcohol and cigarettes there is no reason why not to legalize weed.

I totally don't have a problem with weed being used to medicate pain and stuff though. General pain killers are a lot more dangerous.

you get jail time if you sell em to minor,,,, try reading the whole initiative next time.

only ones to vote NO on the subject are
1. Hard core right hand republicans
2. Hard core Christians
3. Pot farmer
4. Dispensary owner.

Look...I read the whole initiative. This is going to put your stupid teenagers in prison for 3-7 years, mandatory.
ETA: As far I understand it, it won't affect the 215 users.

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

If you read my posts would would know that I don't give a shit whether you smoke or not. It's up to you.
Your post is a perfect example of how smokers treat non-smokers....if you ain't one of us, you must be against us.

That post wasn't directed to you Belgian_Draft.
Sorry if you thought so. My apologies.

I didn't mention whether I smoked it or not...I did mention juicing it.

You know what Jack LaLanne says...if it comes in a package or has been processed more than just juiced it's not fit to eat.

The other morning I had eggs, potatoes and toast for breakfast. I got the eggs from my organic chickens out back, the potatoes from my garden and toast from my home made bread from organic whole wheat flour (don't have enough room to grow wheat).
I have never felt so good about eating a meal in my whole life.
It was a life changing experience.

As far as Cannabis goes if you want to smoke,eat,make lotion,or wear it... grow it yourself so you know what you're consuming.

BTW...I've never tasted potatoes that were so fucking good and eggs at the store no more...

Harry Callahan

Not everyone. Ignoring the criminal elements, which we don't care about, the current medical marijuana growers are generally opposed to this, for the obvious self interest.

There are large warehouses that have been bought by investors just in case the bill passes. Some of these areas are the size of two football fields. Most of the small growers will disappear overnight. The pot counter-culture will change as business suits take control of the pot economy.

I think we'll have everything from bottom of the barrel Wal-Pot to quality hand-crafted stuff. And just like everything else, you will pretty much get what you pay for.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You know what Jack LaLanne says...if it comes in a package or has been processed more than just juiced it's not fit to eat.

The other morning I had eggs, potatoes and toast for breakfast. I got the eggs from my organic chickens out back, the potatoes from my garden and toast from my home made bread from organic whole wheat flour (don't have enough room to grow wheat).

As far as Cannabis goes if you want to smoke,eat,make lotion,or wear it... grow it yourself so you know what you're consuming.

BTW...I've never tasted potatoes that were so fucking good and eggs at the store no more...

All you need now is, a good milk cow for milk and butter!;)

Chuck

I think we'll have everything from bottom of the barrel Wal-Pot to quality hand-crafted stuff. And just like everything else, you will pretty much get what you pay for.

so much social science and economic research to be done. If it passes, it will keep a lot of grad students busy in the state for the next decade.

with you 100% bro.

organics and nutition go hand in hand. I'm constructin a chook house, and a garden for my organic fod also.

The cannabis debate is stupid, cannabis is much more than a drug or mind altering substance, heck people us gasoline and glue and solvents for mind altering (not reccomended) but are they treated the same way?

cannabis was the singl most important crop on the planet for hundreds of years, but a couple of decades of brainwashing leads us to this conversation.

Those that don't factor in the textile market, food market, fuel/energy market, lubricant market, building, manufcture AND medicine.... into this subject then thay are ill informed and need to do som more research.

You cannot expect the authoroties to teach you about such things as they are the ones responsable for eliminating this facinating substance from the legal markets in the first place, replecing it with plastic and cotton, both of which have much worse negative effects on the environment and economy, but thses are facts most are willing to ignore...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

No apology needed. ;)
I was raised on what is now called organic foods. Not by choice, but by neccessity. We always had a garden, canned veggies for the pantry, raised and slaughtered our own cattle, sheep, hogs, chickens, etc. An occasional deer (in season, of course :) ) would find it's way into the freezer. What we thought was living on little money is now known to be the healthiest way to live. :)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Not everyone. Ignoring the criminal elements, which we don't care about, the current medical marijuana growers are generally opposed to this, for the obvious self interest.

There are large warehouses that have been bought by investors just in case the bill passes. Some of these areas are the size of two football fields. Most of the small growers will disappear overnight. The pot counter-culture will change as business suits take control of the pot economy.

I'm thinking that Wally-Weed will be the quality stuff as compared to home-grown stuff for the same reason Napa valley vinifera produces the best cabernet vs. the best home-grown hybrids in Cali. Lots of money to throw into horticulture technology. It's a lot cheaper to buy a good BV wine for $60 a bottle than spending thousands of dollars and seven years minimum to get at best, too young vines that only produce a few gallons. A bit severe in the difference between the two plants, but. . .

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

No apology needed. Wink
I was raised on what is now called organic foods. Not by choice, but by neccessity. We always had a garden, canned veggies for the pantry, raised and slaughtered our own cattle, sheep, hogs, chickens, etc. An occasional deer (in season, of course Angelic ) would find it's way into the freezer. What we thought was living on little money is now known to be the healthiest way to live. Smile

It is quite interesting that either those who through necessity grow their own food (rare these days in the western world), and those can or want to afford to purchase organic food leaves the people that end up eating organic food at each end of the economic spectrum, and not much in between.

I noticed, while I was there; the skin, teeth and muscle tone on the African people was incredible even considering the appalling living conditions many of them were subject to. The averge wage was $2 a day so most people grow ther own vegis, grains, eggs, meat... or bater between them.

The working and lower middle class of the western world will for the most part not pay 50% more for organic food when the produce is smaller and thier weekly food bill is in the hundreds$$ anyway.

So orgaincs at this point it seems, is left for each end of the spectrum.

It is good to see however at the big supermarket in chch that the organic and free range egg section is now the same size as the regular cheap cage egg section, more and more organic, gluten free, whole foods... it seems people (myself included) are slowly getting the idea of nutrition.

A flour mill is my desire at present.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

No apology needed. ;)
I was raised on what is now called organic foods. Not by choice, but by neccessity. We always had a garden, canned veggies for the pantry, raised and slaughtered our own cattle, sheep, hogs, chickens, etc. An occasional deer (in season, of course :) ) would find it's way into the freezer. What we thought was living on little money is now known to be the healthiest way to live. :)

Yep, isn't that the way it goes...

Funny you say that,my girl friend has been talking about miniature cows...we have room.

What time do I have to get up now to milk the miniature cow? Don't tell me...4:30...

Harry Callahan

I'm thinking that Wally-Weed will be the quality stuff as compared to home-grown stuff for the same reason Napa valley vinifera produces the best cabernet vs. the best home-grown hybrids in Cali. Lots of money to throw into horticulture technology. It's a lot cheaper to buy a good BV wine for $60 a bottle than spending thousands of dollars and seven years minimum to get at best, too young vines that only produce a few gallons. A bit severe in the difference between the two plants, but. . .

I am from the Napa Valley...wait for this region to blast wide open with cannabis.

Check this out http://www.gsalternative.com/2010/05/cannabinoids-kill-cancer/

Cures cancer...got to be illegal.

ETA: This plant has been so demonized by the corporate and government shills that no one has really exploited the true medicinal value of this plant. It is only just happening now and I'm proud to be involved.

That's all I have to say on this subject as of now.

Got to go and tend the garden...

Harry Callahan

But people should have the right to smoke weed, it's so much healthier than cigarettes.

Are you sure you want to make that argument?
It's a thoughtless one.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It's a thoughtless one.

no, it's the correct argument.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

It's a thoughtless one.

from some of the research I've read (admittedly a while ago) unfiltered natural tobacco and unfiltered natural pot, aren't much different in their negative health effects.

but when you start adding pig blood and radioactive material to it, all bets are off. (http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3916648;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#3916648)
--
Rob

It's a thoughtless one.

from some of the research I've read (admittedly a while ago) unfiltered natural tobacco and unfiltered natural pot, aren't much different in their negative health effects.

this is incorrect. smoking pot is much much healthier than smoking tobacco.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

bullshit, smoking pot is NOT healthier than tobacco.
they are probably about the same if not worse

you can not say that smoking pot is actually healthy when you see resin quarter inch thick inside your pipe.

Assuming that you are smoking pot straight from a pipe, yes. But smoking it via a vaporizer is WAY healthier than ciggys.

Actually it rather is when you look at it from a logical standpoint. I don't know the specifics on weed dangers versus cigarette dangers. I've read contradicting studies, but more that said weed was less damaging to ones life than tobacco.

I don't know how many of you have smoked both, but weed isn't addictive like tobacco is. In fact, I know a lot of stoners, but I am yet to meet one who will say that he can't stop smoking it, on the other hand many of my friends that smoke openly state how they crave it constantly and are addicted.

The usage of cigarettes is primarily because of being addicted, people begin smoking cigarettes now and again to 'take the edge off' lots of the time, and before they know it they need to smoke 2 packs a day.

This isn't the case for marijuana. People don't smoke 40 joints a day. So the actual consumption of the weed is FAR less than that of a smoker. One needs to look at Amsterdam to see this. People aren't around smoking 40 joints a day, they treat it the same way people treat cigars or originally treated cigarettes before they became addicted. They will have 1 or 2 a day and skip days in between for the most part, completely different to the behaviour of a tobacco smoker.

So in actual fact tobacco does pose a far greater danger than marijuana, in terms of illness cause by that product.

A smokers lung looks far worse than that pipe, the only difference is it's in his body.

Actually it rather is when you look at it from a logical standpoint.

Link

ABSTRACT
Background and objective: In contrast to the well-described effects of tobacco smoking upon pulmonary emphysema, with ∼15% of smokers being affected at the age of 65 years, the effects of marijuana smoking are rarely reported and poorly understood.

Methods: We report a series of 10 patients (mean age 41 ± 9 years, eight male, two female), who presented over a period of 12 months to our respiratory unit with new respiratory symptoms, and who admitted to regular chronic marijuana smoking (>1 year continuously). Symptoms on presentation were dyspnoea (n = 4), pneumothorax (n = 4) and chest infection (n = 2).

Results: High-resolution CT revealed asymmetrical, variably sized, emphysematous bullae in the upper and mid zones. However, the CXR was normal in four patients and lung function was normal in five.

Conclusions: Marijuana smoking leads to asymmetrical bullous disease, often in the setting of normal CXR and lung function. In subjects who smoke marijuana, these pathological changes occur at a younger age (approximately 20 years earlier) than in tobacco smokers.

From a Canadian study, the odds of developing COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)(defined by spirometric testing) were as follows :

Tobacco/marijuana smokers: 2.9:1
Tobacco only: 2.74:1
Marijuana only: 1.66:1
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes, that's the only way to view the comparison: by the scientific method. The only sensible comparisons of smoking marijuana and smoking tobacco are the scientific ones, like the one you post or others, that properly neutralize the effect of variables like differing volumes, differing frequency of usage, differing concentrations and differing delivery/ingestion methods. Most laypersons' comments comparing the two tend to be silly: they fail to adequately account for those variables, and are thus pretty useless.

I'm sure they're not the be-all, end-all of the discussion, but it does show that marijuana, like tobacco, *does* have an effect on pulmonary function, if to a lesser extent than tobacco.

The combined effect of the two was surprising.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706