skyrider

She May Claim To No Longer Be Racist

But show me a list of black people using dz.com who constantly make race related posts.

Are you aware that there are very few black people that skydive. Obviously not. Lets survey all the black hockey players and fans too. Oh wait......They all must be wealthy white republicans. :S

Here I was thinking I could use logic... Clearly that's not the case,

Clearly your "logic" has failed you.

Whites complaining about a black man making a racist statement is annoying,

So you are OK with racism towards one group but not toward other groups. Your logic is impeccable.

Are you aware that there are very few black people that skydive.

are you aware that there are very few white people who's grandparents were slaves?
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

We've already talked about the slippery tactic of accusing you of "throwing the race card" for daring to call a chicken a chicken, instead of a goat.

Now here's another thing. Have you noticed that you're getting these type of responses:

mnealtx: "So, it's ok for blacks to complain about racism, but whites need to just shut up - got it. "

timmyfitz: "So you are OK with racism towards one group but not toward other groups."

It's another tried-and-true tactic here in SC: "So you're ok with drowning kittens. (Because clearly you said just that, right?) Nice morals you have. By the way, have you stopped beating your wife?"

are you aware that there are very few white people who's grandparents were slaves?

:D

laughably pathetic

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

laughably pathetic

don't look in the mirror then ;)

laughably pathetic

don't look in the mirror then ;)

You whinny victim types are funny

Now go to your corner and dont come out until you grow up, stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop crying;)

Abraham Lincoln

We've already talked about the slippery tactic of accusing you of "throwing the race card" for daring to call a chicken a chicken, instead of a goat.

Now here's another thing. Have you noticed that you're getting these type of responses:

mnealtx: "So, it's ok for blacks to complain about racism, but whites need to just shut up - got it. "

timmyfitz: "So you are OK with racism towards one group but not toward other groups."

It's another tried-and-true tactic here in SC: "So you're ok with drowning kittens. (Because clearly you said just that, right?) Nice morals you have. By the way, have you stopped beating your wife?"

Given your first two responses in the thread, you're about the LAST person on this site to be lecturing about use of that tactic.

Or are you offering instruction in how to use it as often as you do?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Let me try it this way

I try and live my life the following way

"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today, is a gift"

You are throwing away today worrying or stewing about yesterday.
In doing so, you jeopardize tomorrow.

Don’t waste today dude. Move on and make things
better. (I am not saying we should forget)
Abraham Lincoln

You forgot to add the preceding comment. I guess you wanted it taken out of context. Typical.

Whites complaining about a black man making a racist statement is annoying,

So you are OK with racism towards one group but not toward other groups. Your logic is impeccable.

Dude, I gotta ask ya.... Are ya skeered of the dark, or just skeeered of the darkies?

Now is this an example of one hand clapping the ball?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

There are a LOT of white people who's distant relatives were slaves.

that would be the distant black relatives.

Nice try at a spin, but this is in the news lately, as are the black panthers...So any opinion on his words? or only a person attack?[:/]

I posted in support of her words, I thought she was simply showing she had turned her life around, (her uotes were taken Way out of context!

But then I see her husband preaching this garbage, it makes me think she is simply acting![:/]

I heard the sound bite from Mr. Sherrod this AM also. And yes, it sounded quite racist. Black folk from GA tend to be that way.

I worked for a black lady from GA, college grad, and she regularly reminded me of the oppression of slavery. OK, I just listened without rebuttal. One day there was fault in record keeping while I was out of the office. She was called on the carpet by a company officer. She CYA'd the situation by writing me up. I took it and never said a word.

It has always been thus; well the past 40 years or so. Only white, conservative Christians can be racist. All others, it's freedom of speech.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You are not very good with the history of the ethnic cleansing of Ireland by the English under Cromwell are you. Many thousands of whites were sold as slaves and transported to the West Indies including one of my ancestors who was a 7 year old orphan at the time.

I did not mention black relatives and I was not referring to blacks in anyway. But it is true that there are a LOT of white people who's distant relatives were slaves, white slaves. Just depends on far back in history you choose to go. If you are going to try to equate that slaves from a 500 years ago (or less) compared to slaves 150 years ago are different, you are wrong.

Well, my original point for the article was to address that everyone is racist no matter how much they would "like" to think not. And if we look at the definition of bigot ["a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own" Princeton]

Skyrider posts the bigotry which makes him a racist and Andy engages in bigotry against the Harley rider for being a racist. The fact of the matter is; no matter which conversation in SC we choose, everyone is guilty of bigotry and as humans; we are all racist. The only time the racist or bigot card is played is when someone wants to cast dispersions against someone else to relieve themselves of being labeled as such by labeling the other.

All others, it's freedom of speech.

Interesting point... According to the ACLU not only will they defend everyone's racist comments under free speech, but encourage it more often.

How much we value the right of free speech is put to its severest test when the speaker is someone we disagree with most. Speech that deeply offends our morality or is hostile to our way of life warrants the same constitutional protection as other speech because the right of free speech is indivisible: When one of us is denied this right, all of us are denied. Since its founding in 1920, the ACLU has fought for the free expression of all ideas, popular or unpopular. That's the constitutional mandate.

Where racist, sexist and homophobic speech is concerned, the ACLU believes that more speech -- not less -- is the best revenge. This is particularly true at universities, whose mission is to facilitate learning through open debate and study, and to enlighten. Speech codes are not the way to go on campuses, where all views are entitled to be heard, explored, supported or refuted. Besides, when hate is out in the open, people can see the problem. Then they can organize effectively to counter bad attitudes, possibly change them, and forge solidarity against the forces of intolerance.

Source: http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/hate-speech-campus

To which I agree. Overt verbal emotional conflict is good. Well, we all agree. Just pick a thread from SC :D

Everyone is a racist and a bigot; if you think you're not... you're only fooling yourself.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Only white, conservative Christians can be racist.

so you're a white, conservative, christian racist?

Racism is only accurately judged by observing behavior.

You are not very good with the history of the ethnic cleansing of Ireland by the English under Cromwell are you. Many thousands of whites were sold as slaves and transported to the West Indies including one of my ancestors who was a 7 year old orphan at the time.

What are you saying? I thought only black people have been abused through out history....:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I thought this was a pretty decent post. Everyone has there own prejudises due to the way they were raised, the people they grew up with, or various experiences they have had throught out their lives.

I had a problem with this though:

Some psychologists went low-tech: They simply expanded the definition of racism to include any endorsement of politically conservative views grounded in the values of self-reliance and individual responsibility. Opposition to busing, affirmative action or generous welfare programs were tarred as manifestations of "modern" or symbolic racism.

It bothers me that there are still a lot of people out there that will label you racist if you preach self reliance, responsibility, or even say black and white should be equal under the law (affirmative action places white people below everyone else)

What is racist about saying everyone, reguardless of race should have an equal opportunity to support their family?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

What is racist about saying everyone, regardless of race should have an equal opportunity to support their family?

Because even when this was written; the signatories had slaves.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The real question is... Why do we have to say anything?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.