Erroll

The World Cup in South Africa

Olé, olé, olé, olé - we are the champions, olé .....
Germany-Australia: 4:0
We love you, yeah yeah yeah:
.... with a team like that,
we know we should be glad ....

B|B|B|

why steal british culture whe your Dead Pants crated one of the most perfect songs ???
Man müsste eigentlich jetzt dauernd lustig sein
wo doch immer so viele stöhnen
Allein schon um zu zeigen - ich bin auf keinen Fall einer von denen
Die Deutschen sind depressiv - was ist bloss schiefgelaufen
Das soviele Menschen hier die Musik von Grönemeyer kaufen.
Die Jugend ist scheinbar verblödet - die Lehrer sind ausgebrannt
Wie konnte das nur geschehen im Dichter- und Denkerland

Und wir fragen uns, was die Zukunft bringt
Und die Antwort kennt nur der Wind
Doch wir sind sicher - es wird aufwärts gehen
Wenn wir erst wieder Weltmeister sind
Wir werden Weltmeister sein ...

Und die geistig-moralische Wende - die wir damals herbeiriefen
Der Geist und die Moral sind weg, nur die Schulden sind geblieben
Und alle stehen da und fragen sich wo die fetten Jahre geblieben sind
Doch wir sind sicher es wird aufwärts gehen wenn wir erst wieder Weltmeister sind.
Wir werden Weltmeister sein...

Jetzt kommt's auf jeden einzelnen von uns an
Damit die Mannschaft wieder funktioniert
Wir dürfen beim Elfmeterschießen
Jetzt nicht die Nerven verlieren
Und wir fragen uns wie das Spiel ausgeht
(und) die Antwort kennt nur der Wind
Wir werden fair zu den Verlierern sein
Hauptsache - wir gewinnen
Wir werden Weltmeister sein
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The horns are honking here in the otherwise quiet city of Zurich!

HOPP SCHWEIZ!!
:)

As a Chilean, I am ecstatic about Chile's win, and really really happy that Spain lost...it really opens the group up. We'll have a very tough game Monday against the Swiss, but I am very optimistic given how aggressive Chile played - I don't think we've ever had a team that runs this much and attacks this aggressively!

Also, if Honduras can even hold Spain to a tie....

Wow.. HUGE upset today..... Cant believe those damm Souisses managed to beat mighty Spain!

well... at least you could give credit to the team, The swiss refferree (spelling ? ) didn't do THAT good of a job when he granted a penalty against South Africa. These Uruguyans play like italians.:|

Hop Suisse:)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

These Uruguyans play like italians.

Agreed...

Overall, the European teams that were expected to perform have been very underwhelming (exceot for Germany)! The South American teams seem to be in the driver's seat...

Big game in a couple of hours! Allez les Bleus!
Remster

It’s amazing to watch your country right now. Growing up reading and hearing about the apartheid. It was a very happy occasion for mankind to see it end and see the country that was once filled with so much pain be in celebration.

Go Argentina :)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

It’s amazing to watch your country right now. Growing up reading and hearing about the apartheid. It was a very happy occasion for mankind to see it end and see the country that was once filled with so much pain be in celebration.

Go Argentina :)

:D:D:D

Irony: Celebration despite the issues with apartheid in the place they travelled to.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hopp Mexico :)

Yeah, they completely owned this game. France still has a chance to advance, with Uruguay losing vs Mexico and France winning by at least three goals vs. South Africa in the final group match.

Ouch. :ph34r:

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Hopp Mexico :)

Yeah, they completely owned this game. France still has a chance to advance, with Uruguay losing vs Mexico and France winning by at least three goals vs. South Africa in the final group match.

Ouch. :ph34r:

For the real South African optimists : Uruguay beats Mexico and SA beats France by 5 goals! B|

B|

Irony: Celebration despite the issues with apartheid in the place they travelled to.

That is the second bizarre reply you have made on this thread.
I'm not fluent in turtle and it's too early in the day to drink Jager, so I'm a little slow on the uptake here:

Are you saying that SA has not reformed enough for your liking ?
...or are you saying that the reforms have made things worse off than they used to be ?
...or something else ?

Depending on which aspects of the country you look at, I think a bit of both is true.
...but what issues are you driving at ?

That is the second bizarre reply you have made on this thread.
I'm not fluent in turtle and it's too early in the day to drink Jager, so I'm a little slow on the uptake here:

Are you saying that SA has not reformed enough for your liking ?
...or are you saying that the reforms have made things worse off than they used to be ?
...or something else ?

Depending on which aspects of the country you look at, I think a bit of both is true.
...but what issues are you driving at ?

Why bother with a postwhore who can't resist posting whatever irrelevant garbage comes to his mind in a thread about the WC. Enjoy the games instead...must be a beautiful thing to have these matches going on and visitors from all over the world in your country. I'm envious of South Africans these days. :)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Why bother with a postwhore who can't resist posting whatever irrelevant garbage comes to his mind in a thread about the WC. Enjoy the games instead...must be a beautiful thing to have these matches going on and visitors from all over the world in your country. I'm envious of South Africans these days.

There you go

Hopp Suisse B|

Considering the imminent demise of my home team Switzerland might do as a replacement......or any team that plays England.:ph34r: