JohnRich

California: Gun Registration

Many of them are phony quotes.

Prove it.

Because you know you are unable, you will not.

I don't have to prove anything to you.

You should want to if you like credibility.
How hard would it be?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So you're not interested in explanations with facts, logic and reasoning.
You're just here to holler "Is to!" and "Is not!"?
You're not going to convince anyone with that kind of schoolyard approach.

From what I've seen, it is an exercise in futility to try to convince you of anything.

From what I've seen, it is an exercise in futility to try to convince you of anything.

I don't think most people would be convinced with stating opinion, and then failing to back it up by saying you don't have anything to prove.
--
Rob

I don't think most people would be convinced with stating opinion, and then failing to back it up by saying you don't have anything to prove.

I think most people are convinced by following up an idea by doing their own research and convincing themselves, based on their own readings. For example, only a moron is going to be convinced by reading a page of phony quotes. Anyone can look at a list of quotes and pretty easily do their own research (making an honest attempt to find the most objective sources, of course) to find out whether they actually appear as quoted in any historical documents or whether they have been conflated and taken out of context.

see.... that is a text book example of a grouping PA. you just called anyone who agrees with those quotes a moron. but nobody will call you on it because the mods agree with your point of view.

A strange accusation.

You are assuming that there are actually readers of SC who have been convinced by reading pages of phony quotes here. I don't actually believe that anyone here is a moron, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

see.... that is a text book example of a grouping PA. you just called anyone who agrees with those quotes a moron. but nobody will call you on it because the mods agree with your point of view.

A strange accusation.

You are assuming that there are actually readers of SC who have been convinced by reading pages of phony quotes here. I don't actually believe that anyone here is a moron, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

nice backpedal.
--
Rob

A strange accusation.

nice backpedal.

Thanks again! ;)

True... But as long as you just make BS up without anything to back it up.... Expect to get called on it.

Fine ... and as long as people cut and paste phony quotes from NRA propaganda sources ... don't expect me to try to prove negatives.

Fine ... and as long as people cut and paste phony quotes from NRA propaganda sources ...

#1. Not using the NRA as a source.
#2. They are not phony and you are unable to prove they are. *I* on the other hand were able to prove your claims false when you claimed Gandhi, Jesus, and Mandela would not approve of being armed.

See, I provided DATA to dispel your claim. YOU have only repeated the same BS over and over.

Can you provide ANY proof of your claim that those quotes are phony? If not, then you have nothing other than some phony claim.

don't expect me to try to prove negatives.

I am not asking you to prove a negative... I am asking you to prove your claim that the quotes provided are "phony".

YOU made that claim, it is up to you to back up your claim, or at least admit that you are unable.

Update:
"Lawmakers also defeated a bill that would have required owners of rifles and shotguns to register those weapons, similar to the requirement already in place for handguns.

"The bill, AB1810, would let police track gun sales and ownership through a state database. It fell three votes short and will be reconsidered on Tuesday."
Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/08/30/state/n203132D10.DTL&type=politics

Both will be reconsidered again...if you can't pass, keep trying?

Update:
A VICTORY FOR ALL GUN OWNERS!

DEFEATED:
Assembly Bill 1810 (Feuer) - Registration of Rifles and Shotguns
Assembly Bill 1934 (Saldana) – Handgun Open Carry Prohibition
Assembly Bill 2358 (De Leon) – Ammunition Registration
Source: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=4882377

I read that the open carry motion was put up and voted down on 7 occasions that day.

Maybe the tide has turned on anti-gun thinking.

We wish: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/01/obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles/?test=latestnews

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

That story isn't over yet. Stay tuned. I've got a feeling they're import will be allowed in the end.

And it just shows how extreme the Brady bunch is, by claiming that M1 Garands can accept high-capacity magazines - they only hold 8 rounds, period. And they're not convertible to removable magazines that hold more. To them, there is no such thing as a good gun. And there position on this issue proves that once again.

Maybe the tide has turned on anti-gun thinking.

We wish: http://www.foxnews.com obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-rifles

Try this story:
"WHEN A LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC majority took control of Congress and the notoriously anti-gun Obama administration was seated in the Executive Branch in January 2009, pro-firearms groups were understandably nervous that Washington would start rolling back Americans’ Second Amendment rights. But with only a few months remaining in the 111th Congress, it’s looking increasingly likely that this is not going to happen.

"In fact, according to a new report, the situation is so good that some anti-gun legislators are whining that they cannot even initiate a hearing to talk about gun control, let alone shepherd a bill to the floor for a vote..."
Source: http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/gun_control_failure_236.html

A VICTORY FOR ALL GUN OWNERS!
DEFEATED...

Details on the drama:
It ended in fighting and acrimony.

For the Assembly, the curtain fell at midnight Tuesday after a final hour marked by animosity that began with a partisan fight that ultimately killed legislation to ban the open display of unloaded guns in most public places.

When the smoke finally cleared, Republicans and Democrats were blaming each other for the verbal scuffle -- and Democratic Assemblywoman Lori Saldana was accusing her party leaders of ineptitude.

"The fact is, our leadership was disorganized, they recognized people out of order and they didn't take control of the floor," said Saldana, D-San Diego, whose gun-carrying ban died without a vote. "And that's an embarrassment for a majority party..."
Full story: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/01/2998092/assembly-session-ends-in-acrimony.html