dreamdancer

Blacks Will Never Gain Wealth Equality With Whites Under the Current System

nothing wrong with a bit of self-responsibility :)
universal healthcare is part of the solution.

Nice contradiction of yourself... :D:D:D:D

nice to see that you can't see beyond the end of your nose :)

Huh?

what does his nose have to do with the contradiction you just posted?

Self-Responsibility = Self reliance, self dependence, paying one's own way.

Universal healthcare will steal from some and blindly give to others.

Where does SELF responsibilty weigh into that?

Conveniently ignored this, I see.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I find this thread's controversial opinions & facts quoted , interesting. Most points; though divided, are valid. When I 1st started to read along I had stronger feelings leaning in one direction, then the other ! I've read the history books, followed the news from the early 60's thru current events to include the organizational beginning of the Black Panthers, UNCF ads, the Klan's uprisals to include attempts to infiltrate in my hometown area ( the big Geraldo Rivera beat down), integrating the schools & bussing, Martin Luther King's advocacy & assassination, Jesse Jackson's short term presidency campaign & peace talks to release those held captive in Iraq in the 80's. But, my opinion; due to this countries affirmation of the lobbyists in DC., to whatever special interest groups lining politician's pockets, is most 'minorities', whether their grassroots were by indentured slavery, or the multitude of illegal immigration, have more opportunities to move ahead towards whatever they "chose" to achieve, then those of us whose ancestry were by those who migrated here in the 1600-1800's. Give this system any more time, & the skies ( & their acquirements) will by far surpass the Average Joe's wealth, or at the very least...the ability to survive . The opportunity gates have been opened for some time ! My heritage is of Europeon migration in 1670's, & Cherokee, & Blackfoot Indian...though I'm entitled to freebees as an Am. Indian, I, nor mine, have never looked looked for, will never, nor expect a hand out from the Government. Whatever happened to you work for what you get ? This continuing anticipation of entitlement because of the wrong's any of "our" ancestors incurred, due to any 'bluebloods' greed is disgusting !

By the way Bill Cosby's personal jet's tail number reads:
November, India, 6, 6, Echo, Romeo: " NI66ER" :|

By the way Bill Cosby's personal jet's tail number reads:
November, India, 6, 6, Echo, Romeo: " NI66ER" :|

I, too, had relatives that were on this continent when the first Europeans showed up. North American natives were not typically afforded the opportunity to live as slaves - they were killed in droves.

Of course, another branch of the family was from sub-Saharan Africa, but they came in from Canada.

A registration check of NI66ER showed up as a BEECH 65-88 (Queen Air) registered to MINEER JAMES R SR DBA, based at INEZ, KY.

N166ER is a North American T-28C registered to CHINO WARBIRDS INC in HOUSTON, TX.

BSBD,

Winsor

I stand corrected. Bill Cosby had a private jet in the early 1990's w/ that tail number...a close personal worked on his plane in Ft. Lauderdale during that time...I've seen the photo & paperwork ! Obviously that's no longer his...thanks for the informed update !

BSBD....seriously ...you sign off with BSBD to a fellow skydiver ?

Is that your personal 'sign off' endorsement, your comedic sense of humor, or well wishes to skydivers who post comments that may be outdated or inaccurate in a forums type setting that may annoy you ? Either way, wouldn't want you watching my back on a load ! Regardless, wishing you BlueSkies & Safe Landings in your journeys & flights ! [:/]

How long have you been around?

BSBD has been around for a long time, no reason to take it in any sort of a negative manner, seriously. It used to be YELLED by everyone onboard on every takeoff. Kinda like, good luck!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I guess I stand corrected again, that's what I get for being a know it all ! I haven't been around in Skydiving for very long...going into my 4 th yr !
Sorry about that !
The only inferences I've experienced with BSBD were in acknowledgement to fellow jumpers digging in & resulting in their death !
Sounds like I've still got a lot to learn from you all :$
Forever a student when it comes to Skydiving !!!

I need to retract my comment to Winsor, then...would be honored to be on a load with you ;)

A registration check of NI66ER showed up as a BEECH 65-88 (Queen Air) registered to MINEER JAMES R SR DBA, based at INEZ, KY.

Where did you find that? That N-number in the FAA data shows nothing.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

>BSBD....seriously ...you sign off with BSBD to a fellow skydiver ?

It is a traditional greeting/saying amongst skydivers; a lot of people still use it. It is a reference to the duality of the sport and a reminder of the ever-present chance of being killed while skydiving.

I now have an understanding & appreciation to the diverse usage of BSBD.
My familiarity; which was obviously limited, was referenced in solumn mourning & respect of friends, or acquaintences who have died on a skydive.
It's clear it is ALWAYS used in respect amongst skydivers.
Thanks for making that clear to me !
Like I said, I will forever be a student of skydiving, both as my sport & in my profession ( as just a DZ Packer).
Any clarity brought to my attention is genuinely appreciated !

From a post of mine in 2002:

A new skydiver wrote me and asked why I'd sign my notes "blues" - I responded

"Blues"

short for "Blue Skies"

Although short for the Phrase "Blue Skies - Black Death" which originated as an acknowledgement that skydiving is a dangerous sport and one must
be ever vigilant, yet accept the daredevil lifestyle, and, further, that we respect and acknowlege those that share that lifestyle because they take the ultimate bad (Black Death) in order to experience the good (Blue Skies - infers a great day to skydive) .

The Phrase "Blue Skies - Black Death" was used as a departing phrase for those that died in the sport and was considered a proper and respectful phrase in mourning. Also shortened to BSBD.

The short version "Blue Skies" has evolved to simply a friendly exit phrase (like "warm Regards" would be in a letter), except more personal as an exchange between friends that share the skydiving sport, or at least between one that jumps and another that understands the culture enough to recognize that wishing blue skies to another is a pleasant sentiment.

Certainly, the wishing of "Blue Skies" to a skydiver has never been misconstrued as wishing them also "Black Death". "Blue Skies" alone, has
never been interpreted that way to my knowledge.

However, with the proliferation of 'weekend jumpers', the culture from the origin may not continue to be educated, and these sentiments and knowledge
of them could fade with time. Even now, 'newbies' (a term used for fledgling skydivers) may be confused when an experienced skydiver
expresses "Blue Skies, Black Death" or "BSBD" on a card of mourning and needs the sentiment explained.

In Contrast - Strangely enough, it would seem, that in similar fashion, to say to someone "Screw You" should be a pleasant sentiment to wish for
anyone. However, in that case, it is rarely taken as a positive sentiment.

The english language is a strange one.

Blues

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

From a post of mine in 2002:

A new skydiver wrote me and asked why I'd sign my notes "blues" - I responded

"Blues"

short for "Blue Skies"

Although short for the Phrase "Blue Skies - Black Death" which originated as an acknowledgement that skydiving is a dangerous sport and one must
be ever vigilant, yet accept the daredevil lifestyle, and, further, that we respect and acknowlege those that share that lifestyle because they take the ultimate bad (Black Death) in order to experience the good (Blue Skies - infers a great day to skydive) .

The Phrase "Blue Skies - Black Death" was used as a departing phrase for those that died in the sport and was considered a proper and respectful phrase in mourning. Also shortened to BSBD.

The short version "Blue Skies" has evolved to simply a friendly exit phrase (like "warm Regards" would be in a letter), except more personal as an exchange between friends that share the skydiving sport, or at least between one that jumps and another that understands the culture enough to recognize that wishing blue skies to another is a pleasant sentiment.

Certainly, the wishing of "Blue Skies" to a skydiver has never been misconstrued as wishing them also "Black Death". "Blue Skies" alone, has
never been interpreted that way to my knowledge.

However, with the proliferation of 'weekend jumpers', the culture from the origin may not continue to be educated, and these sentiments and knowledge
of them could fade with time. Even now, 'newbies' (a term used for fledgling skydivers) may be confused when an experienced skydiver
expresses "Blue Skies, Black Death" or "BSBD" on a card of mourning and needs the sentiment explained.

In Contrast - Strangely enough, it would seem, that in similar fashion, to say to someone "Screw You" should be a pleasant sentiment to wish for
anyone. However, in that case, it is rarely taken as a positive sentiment.

The english language is a strange one.

Blues

Perhaps there should be a return of crater tours with new jumpers, to help reinforce the very real possibility that not everyone in this sport survives.

With some of the lame ass posts from the 100 jump wonders with "MAD SKILLZ" it might be a bit sobering.. instead of all those words of forboding from a bunch of old farts just trying to disturb them with all the doom and gloom.

This fledgling newbie absolutely appreciates this history lesson of the intent behind BSBD.
As far as hearing words of forboding from you
'old farts'...experience is wisdom, wisdom is knowledge, knowledge makes for learning, learning is success !
I'm a young pup in Skydiving ( just found it at 50), but getting to be an old dog, myself !

With much gratitude to you old farts in skydiving,
~ Blessings n' BlueSkies ~ :)