airdvr

Interesting Muslim stuff

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/07/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/index.html

In and of itself I don't have a particular problem with this Mosque. From the article...

"It will have a real community feel, to celebrate the pluralism in the United States, as well as in the Islamic religion," Khan said. "It will also serve as a major platform for amplifying the silent voice of the majority of Muslims who have nothing to do with extremist ideologies. It will counter the extremist momentum."

That's great. Kumbayah and all that. But we seem to refuse to acknowledge the flip side to the Islamic religion. Our own AG Eric Holder won't even say 'Radical Islam' as if he believes if we don't acknowledge it exists, maybe it will go away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOQt_mP6Pgg

And then yesterday we have the Muslim Students Association at UC San Diego's Israel Aparthied Week gathering.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/05/11/for-it-msa-student-confesses-she-wants-a-second-holocaust/

Don't forget about the MSA's upcoming Hitler Youth Week. [:/]
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>And then yesterday we have the Muslim Students Association at UC San
>Diego's Israel Aparthied Week gathering.

Here's part of the transcript:

================
Horowitz: Will you condemn Hamas?

. . . .

MSA member: If I support Hamas, because your question forces me to condemn Hamas. If I support Hamas, I look really bad.

Horowitz: If you don’t condemn Hamas, obviously you support it. Case closed.
================

Interviewing at its finest. No wonder people have no clue what Islam is.

================

. . . .

MSA member: If I support Hamas, because your question forces me to condemn Hamas. If I support Hamas, I look really bad.

================

I'm seeing Islam in the same light I see Christians, Jews, and every other wacko religious zealot. Difference is Radical Islam wants us all dead. Kind of taints the good side of Islam a bit.

Destinations by Roxanne

>Difference is Radical Islam wants us all dead.

So does radical Christianity. Timothy McVeigh, Scott Roeder, Michael Griffin, Rev. Paul Jennings Hill, John Salvi, Robert Rudolph and James Kopp come to mind. Heck, the IRA pioneered IED's and used them to kill thousands.

>I'm seeing Islam in the same light I see Christians, Jews, and every
>other wacko religious zealot.

That's good, because there are wackos in all of them.

================

. . . .

================

Why did you cut out the rest of the statement? Here is the rest of his response and the MSA member's response. **Discliamer - I am not asserting that this person's statement reflects all of Islam's beliefs - but is certainly not helping the public image when you go around campus calling your group the Muslim Student Association**

"Horowitz: If you don’t condemn Hamas, obviously you support it. Case closed. I have had this experience at UC Santa Barbara, where there were 50 members of the Muslim Students Association sitting right in the rows there. And throughout my hour talk I kept asking them, will you condemn Hizbollah and Hamas. And none of them would. And then when the question period came, the president of the Muslim Students Association was the first person to ask a question. And I said, ‘Before you start, will you condemn Hizbollah?’ And he said, ‘Well, that question is too complicated for a yes or no answer.’ So I said, ‘Okay, I’ll put it to you this way. I am a Jew. The head of Hizbollah has said that he hopes that we will gather in Israel so he doesn’t have to hunt us down globally. For or Against it?

MSA member: For it."

OK, I'll ask you the same question.

If you could get all the radical Muslim elements to gather in Pakistan, so we don't have to hunt them down all over the world (including here) would you be for or against that?

Is our position to wipe them off the face of the earth? Haven't seen that in either party's platform.

Destinations by Roxanne

>Is our position to wipe them off the face of the earth?

It was a yes or no question. Looks like you can't even answer the same question you condemned someone else for answering.

This kind of cutesy two step is the reason AZ has to make laws to protect themselves from Progressives Bill. It looks real neat in print and by gosh, don't we feel good about not having offended anyone. SO my question still stands. Is it our position to wipe them off the face of the earth? If it is our governemtn's position to kill any and all Islamic Extremists then yes, I'd prefer they hold still while we introduce them to their virgins. Problem is, we don't even have enough balls to say that's our goal because we're too busy playing these stupid games.

Now we have an AG who's afraid to even say the words. WTF?

Destinations by Roxanne

Problem is, we don't even have enough balls to say that's our goal because we're too busy playing these stupid games.

So, would your position be that you (or our government) feel(s) exactly the same as the MSA student, albeit about a different set of folks? Except that the MSA student apparently has the balls to state it publicly?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

When I win the lotto...note I said when not if.....I will create my own religion!
There will be drinks, gambling and mini skirts and go carts!
And we will all pray to how amazing we are and how uncool every one else is.
Who's with me! :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

When I win the lotto...note I said when not if.....I will create my own religion!
There will be drinks, gambling and mini skirts and go carts!
And we will all pray to how amazing we are and how uncool every one else is.
Who's with me! :)

How about we just live without other people trying to instill their beliefs on us and do the same in turn.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If you could get all the radical Muslim elements to gather in Pakistan, so we don't have to hunt them down all over the world (including here) would you be for or against that?

Sure, I'd be in favor of terrorists and those that support them (regardless of religion) all going to one place. It's a whole lot easier (and cheaper) to catch and try people if they are in one place.

But as the other poster pointed out, the point you are trying to make is flawed. In the case of the MSA student, the question was asked if she supported a statement made by a terrorist group that an entire religion of people go to one place so it would be easier to hunt them.
The difference here and with the question you asked me is that I don't support sending all Muslim people to one place and hunting them. And as the other poster pointed out, I don't believe that the US has stated that we wanted to eliminate an entire religion of people. Therefore, I don't think that the comparisons are on the same page.

Sure, I'd be in favor of terrorists and those that support them (regardless of religion) all going to one place.

Now, would that include any government sanctioned organisation that could be, say ..... closer to home? But surely that could never or didn't every happen:o

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

OK, I'll ask you the same question. If you could get all the radical Muslim elements to gather in Pakistan, so we don't have to hunt them down all over the world (including here) would you be for or against that?

I'd be for it, cuz if they're all in one place, it'd be easy to give them all pizza, and then they would love us.

Sure, I'd be in favor of terrorists and those that support them (regardless of religion) all going to one place. It's a whole lot easier (and cheaper) to catch and try people if they are in one place.

But as the other poster pointed out, the point you are trying to make is flawed. In the case of the MSA student, the question was asked if she supported a statement made by a terrorist group that an entire religion of people go to one place so it would be easier to hunt them.
The difference here and with the question you asked me is that I don't support sending all Muslim people to one place and hunting them. And as the other poster pointed out, I don't believe that the US has stated that we wanted to eliminate an entire religion of people. Therefore, I don't think that the comparisons are on the same page.

+1
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I would probably rephrase that question a bit more specifically, like this:

"are you a radical muslim intent on causing mayhem, death and destruction against Western targets?"

If he answers yes....

BLAM BLAM! One less asshole to worry about.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Is our position to wipe them off the face of the earth? Haven't seen that in either party's platform.

Whats worst if i keep telling you i am going to fuck you in the ass but dont or if i say i am your friend and here to help but fuck you in the ass?

I don’t get the disconnect really.

Would you like another country to do us any of the things we have done to the Middle East in the past 60 years?

Where is the disconnect really?

How is that people cant seem to grasp the idea of do on to others as you want done to you.
Why is that you can understand our rightful outrage if anyone decides to cross THE USA but when we do it to others there reaction or violent action surprised you?

I am not listing all the events I am assuming you know all or at least enough of them to know where I am coming from.

As for the Twin Towers, can we fucking rebuild already? Its embarrassing that we have not even started we should have finished it by now.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>This kind of cutesy two step . . .

You mean the kind where you can't even answer the same question you condemn someone else for answering? It was a most impressive ducking of the question, I'll give you that.

> It looks real neat in print . . .

Your refusal to answer looks neat in print? It looks like you just realized you painted yourself into a corner.

> SO my question still stands. Is it our position to wipe them off the face of the earth?

Tell you what. You answer my question and I will answer yours.

I'm not holding myself out as representing any group or organization so my answer to the question is meaningless.

The MSA on the otherhand, has a dubious background on campus. Did you know that Ramzi Yousef co-founded the Rutgers chapter? There are several other ties to organizations that make one scratch their head an wonder if the MSA is simply a student group on campus or something more radical.

So we have what looks like a radical islamist questioning David Horowitz. Actually not questioning...rather prodding him.

Good evening, I just wanted to say thank you for coming to campus tonight and presenting your point of view, its always important to have to sets of, ah, views going on at the same time. Um, very useful. My name is Jumanah Imad Albahri and I’m a student here at UCSD. Ah I was reading your literature, I found that much more interesting than your talk, and I found some interesting things about the MSA, which is an organization that is very active on campus and is hosting our annual “Hitler Youth” week, you should come out to those events. Um, if you could clarify the connection between the MSA and Jihad terrorist networks, because last time I checked, we had to do our own fundraising, and we never get help from anyone. So if you could clarify the connection between UCSD’s MSA or if you don’t have such information, if you could connect other MSA’s on UC’s, because the connection wasn’t to clear in the pamphlet, just if you could clarify.

Her answer to the question is given as a representative of the MSA.

Destinations by Roxanne

>so my answer to the question is meaningless.

So you cannot answer, because you realize that if you were to answer, your point would be invalidated.

Like I said, it's a bit hypcritical to condemn someone else for answering a question you yourself refuse to.

>so my answer to the question is meaningless.

So you cannot answer, because you realize that if you were to answer, your point would be invalidated.

Sorry Bill...this isn't about me...or you.

Like I said, it's a bit hypcritical to condemn someone else for answering a question you yourself refuse to.

If you look closely at the transcript she also tried not to answer the question. She was given multiple opportunites to walk away but chose to trudge on in hopes of making Horowitz look bad.

Horowitz: Okay. Will you condemn Hamas, here and now?

MSA member: I’m sorry, what?

MSA member: Would I condemn Hamas?

Horowitz: As a terrorist organization. Genocidal organization.

MSA member: Are you asking me to put myself on a cross?

Horowitz: So you won’t. I have actually had this experience many times. You didn’t actually read the pamphlet, because the pamphlet is chapter and verse. The main connection is that the MSA is part of the Muslim Brotherhood Network as revealed…

MSA member: I don’t think you understood what I meant by that. I meant if I say something, I am sure that I will be arrested, for reasons of homeland security. So if you could please just answer my question.

Horowitz: If you condemn Hamas, Homeland Security will arrest you?

Horowitz: If you don’t condemn Hamas, obviously you support it. Case closed. I have had this experience at UC Santa Barbara, where there were 50 members of the Muslim Students Association sitting right in the rows there. And throughout my hour talk I kept asking them, will you condemn Hizbollah and Hamas. And none of them would. And then when the question period came, the president of the Muslim Students Association was the first person to ask a question. And I said, ‘Before you start, will you condemn Hizbollah?’ And he said, ‘Well, that question is too complicated for a yes or no answer.’ So I said, ‘Okay, I’ll put it to you this way. I am a Jew. The head of Hizbollah has said that he hopes that we will gather in Israel so he doesn’t have to hunt us down globally. For or Against it?

MSA member: For it.

Many opportunites to not look radical. Many opportuinties to stop. She couldn't resist.

Destinations by Roxanne