akarunway

To all you pigs (cops ) out there that>

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've had quite a few run ins with the police over the years and overall I got about the same respect as I gave.

that's my experience

and likely explains runway's problems too..... :D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Perhaps you should read ALL of my post instead of quoting one part of it and making yourself sound like a total jackass. My dad is a cop moron. Cops don't bother me...tickets do.

I did read all of it (and sorry if I misunderstood about cops vs. tickets). One cop pulled you over and explained why, and then let you go. Then you kept repeating your behavior, got pulled over again, and the "rude" cop gave you a ticket. If you're bothered by tickets, stop breaking the law. (Or if you think the speed limit is unreasonable on the roads where you're driving, then do something to get it changed.)

In general, police deal with a much higher percentage of assholes than many other people do. Just as doctors deal with a much larger percentage of sick people.

That's likely to color their worldview. If 70% of the people you deal with really are guilty of what they're accused of, it's likely to make you think that everyone is. Even when they aren't. Doesn't make it OK, just human.

And if most of your dealings with police are negative (either because of your own attitude, or things you can't control like your color in the wrong town), then you're likely to think that all cops are assholes.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've had quite a few run ins with the police over the years and overall I got about the same respect as I gave.

that's my experience

Bingo! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

that's my experience

You're not paranoid is they are really out to get you!

:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

that's my experience

You're not paranoid is they are really out to get you!

:D

Guys like YOU get all my respect just for the fact ya gotta carry all that shit out in the Texas heat with no air conditioning! ;)

that's my experience

so his attitude is understandable then - even if he finds that most everybody he meets (not just cops) seems to be assholes....:)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm an asshole, I admit it, :)
My best accomplishment, 21 years of working in the hood, probably over 1000 arrests, several really hairy situations where I nearly got killed, and I NEVER had a formal complaint filed against me.
(Lawsuits don't count;)).

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

To all you pigs (cops) out there that ... think you have the authority to do whatever you please.

However, to come across with the all cops are assholes just proves how much of a moron you are.

Reading comprehension is fundamental. He didn't say all cops. He very clearly limited his rant to those who think they have the authority to do whatever they please. Try harder, this time with more reading.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

think you have the authority to do whatever you please. Thank for running over my 4 yr. old niece and slinging her over your unmarked car as she got off her church schoolbus. YOU, hauling as thru the neighborhood w/ no lights or siren. Thanks for about running me over as I came back walking across the street picking up my mail (10 mins. ago). Flying around the corner (blind) No light, siren. Fuck all you assholes>:(

I'm confused; please supply details. Did he run her over, then sling her over his hood? In between those 2 events, she exited her schollbus?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You seem to be misunderstanding me about one thing...I've been driving fast since I had a license. I log over 500 miles each week driving back and forth to work. Will I stop speeding anytime soon? probably not. The purpose of my initial post was to detail how some cops can be nice and some can be douchbags...that's it. I did not elaborate on my constant speeding as a means to detour this discussion to a debate on speeding, rather than pointing out (in my own way) how some cops can be nice and some are total douchebags.

That is all

Fokker Out

Because that's who the OP was talking about.

LOL Dave did we read the same post form thr OP? "Fuck all you assholes" I guess you could read that as he was ONLY bitching about the bad cops, but I'm not the only one that didn't read it that way.

In the end he hates cops, and they all suck. People have a bad attitude with cops, yeah they generally get treated the same way. Cops are perfect, neither is my brother. But in my 50 years most cops I have delt with have been pretty good people.

Your mileage may vary depending apon your attitude. :P

(not speaking about YOU)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I fail to see how giving you a ticket for something you admit doing is being a douchebag. If the cop gave you a ticket for something you didn't do, then that is douchy.

Running over a child because you were speeding (like the cop in the OP) is certainly douchy, regardless of who does it.

BTW, I log about 600 miles a week commuting. I usually drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit, but I never tailgate, and never weave through traffic. I'm also not under the impression that putting 30k+ miles per year on my car makes me Dale Earnhart brought back to life. Slow down, the life you save may be a 4 year old child's.

- Dan G

You are totally misconstruing my point. For one thing, the road I drive on is a freeway, and the first part of my drive (30 minutes of it is open road with very sparse traffic so I use that time to speed and catch up before I get to Beltway 8 where its a damn parking lot and no one can speed) I thought skydivers weren't supposed to speculate before being given all the facts.. So now I'm a Nascar lover that weaves through traffic and tailgates everyone. Why can't I give my own recollection about my experience with cops without people jumping down my throat about my inability to drive the speed limit?

For Fucks sake!

And I am willing to accept a ticket if I get caught speeding...(which doesn't happen very often) Because I know I am breaking the law. It wasn't the ticket that bothered me..ok getting defensive driving sucks, but it was her attitude, as compared to the other officers attitude, which was the point I was trying to get across

Yeah I picked up on that the second we met...prolly why we get along so well!

From one asshole to another, (where's the beer icon?).

Cheers!!! (insert beer with foam mug icon here)

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

You know, I used to like you, until you admitted to knowing (and liking) Twardo!:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You know, I used to like you, until you admitted to knowing (and liking) Twardo!:D

:o ~ >:(

{{gas on the fire}}

I'm pissed at the first cop for not giving you, clearly a scofflaw and felon:P, a ticket just because your dad is a cop - that's dirty. AND for wasting a lot of time talking with you when he could get the job done efficiently and return to the road and be available for real emergencies rather than wasting time pulling over speeders

The 2nd cop sounds efficient and did her job.

{seriously, it's all a matter of perspective - for me, I'm not a big fan of giving people a pass, it encourages repeat offenses - and speeding (or driving too slow also), running lights, screaming through neighborhoods, etc are all dangerous to others and clearly selfish}

your conclusion that cops are sometimes nice because they let you off kinda hurts the whole argument if you think about it - the first cop was great to point out the accident, and most here are likely gigging you since that story absolutely had no affect on your driving behavior. So his story and letting you off with a warning was a total waste of time.....so if he knew about your response to him being nice and explaining stuff to you.... - what possible reason should he have to even try to be nice or helpful to the next person?

If you want to speed, go to a track, wear and drive the right equipment and get the training necessary to learn to race correctly. It's really quite a bit of fun.

I'm pissed at the first cop for not giving you, clearly a scofflaw and felon,

You don't know me at all and youre saying I committed murder or robbery and now I'm a felon?

FUCK YOU

Come to my house and get to know me before you make such accusations dickhead.

The argument could be made to leave home earlier to get to work on time without speeding.

One time I got pulled over. I was going 80 on the highway. I told the trooper sheepishly that I should have left home earlier. He replied, "bingo!" and let me off with a warning.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban