JohnMitchell

Sign for gun hating neighbor.

no I don't - "if" it results that way, are the extreme anti-gunners complicit? simple

Yes you do, it was your assertion/inference that gun revocation leads to higher crime rates. Back it or drop it.

As for complicit, the asshole, if the sign were not photoshopped, who would post a sign like that is complicit not for his beliefs but for his actions, drawing attention to a house for the sake of making a point. There are plenty of extremists, gun nuts, etc who would not do that.

and you contend this is only a "conservative" symptom?

I didn't say only, that is your extremist way of trying to make a point thru dishonesty.

I don't know what to say to that other than NUTS- reference your own reasonable notes about nutjobs on both sides of all arguments

It seems nuts to you because you read, "Extremism is easily found with anti-choice type protocols." And infer "always conservative." Anti-abortion, anti-gun, etc, to me these are extremist ideologies. I never isolated extremism to the right, you felt the need to unilatterally revise my statement; are you an extremist?

oops - you went from decently discussing to your -less than courteous- mode and I won't continue to support that here

If you like, you can claim a win if that helps

I'm out - really need to work out

blue skies, maybe next time we'll get a few posts farther along

Where? :S The tough conservatives are all of the sudden the weak and bewildered when they get cornered. Bizzare.

Maybe if you get time, show us where your feelings became hurt.

EDITED TO ADD: I think it was this:

Because it's dishonest to avoid basic questions: Do you think convicted felons have a right to bear arms?

The question wasn't that of inmates, it was that of convicted felons; the obvious inference was that of released fleons on parole or even affter their parole is expired. Care to answer?

Do you think convicted felons have a right to bear arms?

how much extra tax did you volunteer to pay this April?

(Convicted? I guess that depends on the rules the jail has for their inmates?)

The question was relevant to the discussion. Your answer was stupid.

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. The Court's opinion, although refraining from an exhaustive analysis of the full scope of the right, should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms." A. Scalia, majority opinion for the SCOTUS.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"live and let live liberal" anti-gunner chooses not to own guns but lets other decide for themselves

"other liberal" anti-gunner chooses not to own guns and pushes for legislation for others not to own guns either

glad you are the first kind

you can label that "liberal" if you like, but a lot of others here that also label themselves 'liberal' are the second kind

that's what you get with labels.....

a more accurate label, instead of lib vs cons - would be pro or anti "right to bear arms"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole thing was Stupid, John.

It would be the equivalent of me asking you if you thought innocent people should have their right to bear arms taken away.

Rehmwa was simply stating the some people push their agendas on others. (using the bear arms issue as an example.) You asked your question which seems really idiotic to me.

Now, I don't come in this room often. Maybe you and rehmwa have been in a pissing contest in other threads. I'm not sure.
I don't know, and honestly don't care what side of the fence you or rehmwa are on but judging purely from this thread it seems that rehmwa did not say anything to the effect of "I think we should allow anyone who wants a gun to have one."
But your reply seems to be accusational of this.
So, judging strictly by this thread I think your question was misleading and presumptuous (as is my reply to this whole ridiculous conversation.)

But I congratulate both of you for pissing into the wind just to see if you could avoid getting any on yourselves. I am also glad to see this topic has been resolved on the internet.:P
I wish it was all this easy:S
My photos

My Videos

Oh yea, btw, the main reason the whole conversation was stupid is because John mitchell posted a sign that was meant to be amusing and mildly humorous and it turned into the whole right to bear arms lesson.

Smile if you think its funny. grit yout tetth if you think its stupid but whatever you do, MOVE ON!

I for one thought the sign was Photoshopped, too.
But I got the idea of the photo and thought it was funny in an "that would never happen" kind of way.

Now, I will follow my own advice and move on.

Good luck to the rest of you.
My photos

My Videos

Only when the courts give them the right to own, back

And I have seen one case of this personally
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"live and let live liberal" anti-gunner chooses not to own guns but lets other decide for themselves

"other liberal" anti-gunner chooses not to own guns and pushes for legislation for others not to own guns either

you can label that "liberal" if you like, but a lot of others here that also label themselves 'liberal' are the second kind

that's what you get with labels.....

a more accurate label, instead of lib vs cons - would be pro or anti "right to bear arms"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole thing was Stupid, John.

It would be the equivalent of me asking you if you thought innocent people should have their right to bear arms taken away.

No, it is NOT, because there is no doubt that innocent (and sane) people have a right to bear arms. There seems, however, to be some dispute about how valid the limits are.

No, it is NOT,

Alright. take a breath.

There seems, however, to be some dispute about how valid the limits are.

In this thread? I don't see it?
You jumped on Remwha for making a comment on different types of liberals.

I didn't see anything about who should be giving the right to bear arms until you asked your first question.
My photos

My Videos

Just a liberal, 'live and let live' thing I guess.

that's what you get with labels.....:S

Sure. If they've cleaned their act up.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

No, it is NOT,

Alright. take a breath.

There seems, however, to be some dispute about how valid the limits are.

In this thread? I don't see it?
You jumped on Remwha for making a comment on different types of liberals.

I didn't see anything about who should be giving the right to bear arms until you asked your first question.

HERE'S A SUMMARY OF THE CONVERSATION:

REHMWA: a more accurate label, instead of lib vs cons - would be pro or anti "right to bear arms"

KALLEND: Do you think convicted felons have a right to bear arms?

REHMWA: Convicted? I guess that depends on the rules the jail has for their inmates?

LUCKY...: Answer the question.

REHMWA: Answer the question? Inmates shouldn't be armed.

LUCKY...: Because it's dishonest to avoid basic questions: Do you think convicted felons have a right to bear arms?

REHMWA: oops - you went from decently discussing to your -less than courteous- mode and I won't continue to support that here

KALLEND: The question was relevant to the discussion. Your answer was stupid.

JTVAL: Rehmwa was simply stating the some people push their agendas on others. (using the bear arms issue as an example.) You asked your question which seems really idiotic to me.

KALLEND: No, it is NOT, because there is no doubt that innocent (and sane) people have a right to bear arms. There seems, however, to be some dispute about how valid the limits are.

JTVAL: In this thread? I don't see it?

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now, let's look at the OP. The sign reads:

My next door neighbor wants to ban all guns.

It was a thread about those who want to ban guns vs those who want gun rights maintained, Kallend asking about the parameters of those who want gun ownership maintained IS in accord with the thread and the issue at hand.

OTOH, REHMWA brought up taxes at least twice, something that isn't within the parametrs of this thread topic, but your participation here isn't to debate any issues, is it? You participation is what the RW does; cover each other's ass via distraction. You do this under the guise of safety in numbers, the very protocol of conservatives. The more people you can get to pull for you, the more right you must be. In fact, your participation in this thread has been worthless; you haven't even discusssed the issue at hand in any context, you just sat by your RW brother and tried to give support. At least REHMWA actually discussed the issue before he refused to answer the question and flew off when cornered.

If you read the transcript you see that as soon as REHMWA had to answer if convicted felons should be allowed to own guns, he replied, "convicted?" What other kind of felons are there? Unconvicted felons isn't an actual term, perhaps defendants in a felony trial, but to ask about convicted felons is ridiculous.

Then REHMWA answered that felons in prison shouldn't be allowed to own guns, another ridiculous reply and pure avoidance.

When I stated it was dishonest to not answer the question, REHMWA suddently became offended and left in a flurry. I think we know REHMWA feels that ex-cons should be able to own guns, but then KALLEND would ask him of the recitivism rate, REHMWA would have to look that up and then be cornered knowing that the recitivism rate is high and to allow a demographic likely to commit crimes, to own guns would be counter to his agenda of gun ownership.

The you jumped in for misdirection. You guys are as clumsy as the RNC for placing Steele as teh chair after Obama was elected. You guys look like a bunch of middle-aged white guys trying to dance. ;)

It was a thread about those who want to ban guns vs those who want gun rights maintained, Kallend asking about the parameters of those who want gun ownership maintained IS in accord with the thread and the issue at hand.

\
My question is Why did he ask that question?
When the comment instead of lib vs cons - would be pro or anti "right to bear arms" didn't seem to insinuate that he was for or against. he was taking it to a Pro or anti instead of political labels.
to me its just as obvious that convicts have no rights. why would the rhetorical question be brought up? OF COURSE THEY DON"T DESERVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS. THEY ARE CONVICTS.

OTOH, REHMWA brought up taxes at least twice, something that isn't within the parametrs of this thread topic, but your participation here isn't to debate any issues, is it? You participation is what the RW does; cover each other's ass via distraction. You do this under the guise of safety in numbers, the very protocol of conservatives. The more people you can get to pull for you, the more right you must be. In fact, your participation in this thread has been worthless; you haven't even discusssed the issue at hand in any context, you just sat by your RW brother and tried to give support. At least REHMWA actually discussed the issue before he refused to answer the question and flew off when cornered.

Let's stop with the lame attempt at a personal attack and the weak desire to label me. I could care less what your affiliation is. I asked a question about why the rhetorical question was brought up. I could care less about RW's affiliation. Yes, his comment on taxes were oddly placed and I have no idea why they were brought up but it is reason I assume RW and Kalland have already pissed on each others corn flakes in the past. I see that you have a nickname for RW so you are well acquainted with his politics. Maybe that is why you assume I am trying to give strength in numbers.
Likewise you are doing the same thing you accuse me of.

If you read the transcript you see that as soon as REHMWA had to answer if convicted felons should be allowed to own guns, he replied, "convicted?" What other kind of felons are there? Unconvicted felons isn't an actual term, perhaps defendants in a felony trial, but to ask about convicted felons is ridiculous.

Then REHMWA answered that felons in prison shouldn't be allowed to own guns, another ridiculous reply and pure avoidance.

I don't know about avoidance. To me its as obivous as the expected answer. NO! criminals do not retain the right to own guns.

When I stated it was dishonest to not answer the question, REHMWA suddently became offended and left in a flurry. I think we know REHMWA feels that ex-cons should be able to own guns, but then KALLEND would ask him of the recitivism rate, REHMWA would have to look that up and then be cornered knowing that the recitivism rate is high and to allow a demographic likely to commit crimes, to own guns would be counter to his agenda of gun ownership.

DO we? I stated above a multitude of times that I have no idea wtf the affiliation of any of the posters here are. If there is a history between you and rw or you and Kallend, I have no idea. I came in to read this post. I saw john mitchells already edited original post so I have no fucking clue why youre flipping your lid, other than this is SC and ,well that's what I expect in here.

The you jumped in for misdirection. You guys are as clumsy as the RNC for placing Steele as teh chair after Obama was elected. You guys look like a bunch of middle-aged white guys trying to dance. ;)
You look like a blindman at an orgy. You're confused and frustrated but you're willing to have that appearance just so you can flame someone you think agrees with RW because I asked a question.

Take a breath,back away from the keyboard and read my posts. I asked a question. You got bent out of shape about it.
It'll be ok.
You'll still be here tomorrow to whine about how everyone is "wronger" than you.
I'll still be here to laugh at it.
My photos

My Videos

My question is Why did he ask that question?
When the comment instead of lib vs cons - would be pro or anti "right to bear arms" didn't seem to insinuate that he was for or against. he was taking it to a Pro or anti instead of political labels.
to me its just as obvious that convicts have no rights. why would the rhetorical question be brought up? OF COURSE THEY DON"T DESERVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS. THEY ARE CONVICTS.

The topic was all over the place WITHIN the realm of guns/ownership, asking about a person's position on ex-con gun ownership IS in line with the topic. We aren't so narrow here, at least everyone else, that we can't venture around and within an issue. REHMWA's position is that gun ownership shouldn't be abridged in any way, or so it appears, he feesl so as it is supposedly a way to reduce crime. The trap he wouldn't fall into, the very one you haven't figured out yet, was that once he says ex-cons are allowed to own guns, ex-cons recitivate at a high rate; you're putting guns in the hands of criminals. I see he was smart enough to act offended and run, you haven't understood what has been going on here.

he was taking it to a Pro or anti instead of political labels

Yes, he wasn't about to give his true feelings that ex-cons s/b allowed to own guns; he was aware of the follow-up. So instead he ran off.

>>> Why rhetorical question was brought up. Because it was a set-up so REHMWA could make his assertion that gun rts should not be withheld for anyone, even ex-cons, as it reduces crime. The follow-up would be to say that since the recidivism rate is high, 70% or so, that what you're doing is to put guns in the hands of criminals by permitting them to own guns. REHMWA, to his credit, was smart enough to act offended and run off; what's your excuse?

Let's stop with the lame attempt at a personal attack and the weak desire to label me. I could care less what your affiliation is. I asked a question about why the rhetorical question was brought up. I could care less about RW's affiliation. Yes, his comment on taxes were oddly placed and I have no idea why they were brought up but it is reason I assume RW and Kalland have already pissed on each others corn flakes in the past. I see that you have a nickname for RW so you are well acquainted with his politics. Maybe that is why you assume I am trying to give strength in numbers.
Likewise you are doing the same thing you accuse me of.

Another area of confusion on your part: RW = right wing, REHMWA = REHMWA. No wonder you're so confused, see what happens when you come in so late in a thread?

The taxes gaff: Here is REHMWA's response:

how much extra tax did you volunteer to pay this April?

(Convicted? I guess that depends on the rules the jail has for their inmates?)

He was asked about ex-cons owning guns, squirmed knowing the follow-up, and asked about taxes as a misdirection; is that hard to see?

I don't know about avoidance. To me its as obivous as the expected answer. NO! criminals do not retain the right to own guns.

Then how do you explain REHMWA bringing in taxes when cornered by KALLEND about ex-cons owning guns? Right, just cover your RW brother.

DO we? I stated above a multitude of times that I have no idea wtf the affiliation of any of the posters here are. If there is a history between you and rw or you and Kallend, I have no idea. I came in to read this post. I saw john mitchells already edited original post so I have no fucking clue why youre flipping your lid, other than this is SC and ,well that's what I expect in here.

I'm not flipping my lid, that's as brilliant as REHMWA bringing in taxes. Who cares what the affiliation of posters here is, address the issue.

You look like a blindman at an orgy. You're confused and frustrated but you're willing to have that appearance just so you can flame someone you think agrees with RW because I asked a question.

You should quit coming into threads midstream.

Take a breath,back away from the keyboard and read my posts. I asked a question. You got bent out of shape about it.
It'll be ok.
You'll still be here tomorrow to whine about how everyone is "wronger" than you.

Jebus, you sound as slapstick as Bob Hope. Is there a thread where you don't write:

- Take a breath,back away from the keyboard

- It'll be ok.

JTVAL, king of cliche; find a new spiel, it's now tired.

My brother in law sent this pic. I think it's great.:)

Hi John,
'Cute photo, says a lot!! Seen this one around before!! One thing about the photo, the guy posting it is telling everyone that his neighbor "Has No Guns in his house!!," and also, he is telling everyone that,"HE DOES!!" Why advertise?? In the eyes of a burglar,"why bother with the "no Guns" house as I can burglarize the "Gun" house when nobody's home, get lots of loot and,"GUNS TOO!!!!"

What was it ole' Sir Ike said,"For every action ....."
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Congratulations on having your rights restored :P

Figures
You dont even know the difference between "seen" and "experenced"[:/]

Abraham Lincoln

Figures

If you know I'm making a funny, why the first part :S

Figures

If you know I'm making a funny, why the first part :S

Sme reason you made you post to me?
Abraham Lincoln

A few elections ago in WA there was a gun issue on the ballot. I got a few pro-gun signs from the NRA and posted them in my lawn. Like you said, not sure if it was a burglar repellent or attractant. At least I know they'll knock first, just to see if I'm home.;)

Guns are 3rd or 4th in desirability for burglars, after cash, jewelry (and possibly electronics). Over 300,000 gun thefts occur annually.

A few elections ago in WA there was a gun issue on the ballot. I got a few pro-gun signs from the NRA and posted them in my lawn. Like you said, not sure if it was a burglar repellent or attractant. At least I know they'll knock first, just to see if I'm home.;)

Guns are 3rd or 4th in desirability for burglars, after cash, jewelry (and possibly electronics). Over 300,000 gun thefts occur annually.

That hamburglar guy must be an exception. He's always after the all-beef patties, special sauce, . . .
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Interesting. I keep most of my cash and all of my guns in a bolted down safe. Except for a few laptops, all my electronics are all at least 5 years old. Jewelry? Nothing worth risking your life for. Unless they are after wood working equipment or a really nice leather sectional couch, they should go down the street.:P