What's the plural form of "anus"?

I don't quite understand the need for the U.S.A. to be like every other civilized country on the planet.

I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with being civilized.

So, you believe that up to this point in time the U.S.A. has been an uncivilized country. Is that correct?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

... The pendulum swings back and forth and now it is time to get the swing to the conservative side.

Pah ... that's a pretty lop-sided swing you'd have going there... Bush and his mob of morons had the upper hand for waty too long.

Yea, 20 of 28 years and these were the worst debt years in all the world likely, while these same suspects are screaming about too much spending.

What gets me is why do you foreigners even care what our government does? I am not concerned about your country's government. Exception, how do they treat our missionaries?

See, it's about who I and not the issue; case in point. BTW, read the bio, it's all for fun, nothing real in it: I'm a born American living in America - back to the issue.

I don't quite understand the need for the U.S.A. to be like every other civilized country on the planet.

I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with being civilized.

So, you believe that up to this point in time the U.S.A. has been an uncivilized country. Is that correct?

Uh, I'm not big on playing the "twist my words" game.

Simply put ... because we do not live in isolation... what one country does affects others. And the bigger the voice (mouth:P) the larger the ripples.

e.g GWBs war on Islam has made the world a less safe place.

Americas dumbest bankers have assisted in crippling other economies with the poxy get rich quick schemes

BUT and this is the best reason - we comment because this is an international web site and it's a right good laugh.

Also P.S Lucky IS a yank.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

BUT and this is the best reason - we comment because this is an international web site and it's a right good laugh.

And, that it is. ;):D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Uh, I'm not big on playing the "twist my words" game.

Except when you are the twistor instead of the twistee. But, I understand.

Now that we're done worrying about where I'm from, care to address the issue?

The point I was making I think you missed, it's the process that each ideology uses; libs examine issues, conservatives blindly support feelings that are preset. Just read this thread, the conservative approach is to get the emotion boiling and then to say, 'Now, do we really want to pass issue x?' Libs will take issue X and dissect it for it's merits rather than already know what they are going to do based upon a precept.

The point I was making I think you missed, it's the process that each ideology uses; libs examine issues, conservatives blindly support feelings that are preset. Just read this thread, the conservative approach is to get the emotion boiling and then to say, 'Now, do we really want to pass issue x?' Libs will take issue X and dissect it for it's merits rather than already know what they are going to do based upon a precept.

No, I didn't miss the point.

No, I didn't miss the point.

Don't care to comment? Here's a vid of tea baggers, look at the last question and answer at the end of the vid and it will bring it all home. Not saying that clown represents all conservatives, but it generalizes how they work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nunTTyfCr8Y&NR=1

the navy's budget was drastically cut last year...dont have the exact numbers, but i can look them up....but from the top of my head i remember it being cut to approx what they spent in 1 month to maintain their ships (if that's confusing, their budget for the year went down to what they had previously spent in a month). Having just gotten off of a deployment where we unfortunatly had to ride these ships...they need more money to repair them...i'm surprised they still float[:/]

I suggest you look up the numbers (like I just did), and you will find that your statement is just plain ludicrous.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm sure 1 division, etc cat be cut and others appropriated more heavily, but since GHWB and Clinton cut funding and fixed the economy/balanced the budget, the last turd and the R congress blew out spending both on teh military basic support and the Iraq War(s). To look at one division is a microcosm and Obama hasn't cut military spending...yet.

You are correct, but when you take the fighting force, and I am not talking about the random infantry units here, and you give us huge budget cuts it is going to hurt us. Start by taking money from those infantry units, do not take money from the Ranger, Green Baret, Seal Teams and other Special Operation Forces. These are the guys that are going after the Top Level Taliban and AQ Leaders.

So when you take away 87 million dollars that is used for Training, Equipment and gear and STILL have to Maintain a mission where do you think that the first short falls are going to be? Well you still need the Equipment to get those jobs done right? Maybe we could do with a little less training.. No that is not the right answer.

Lets bring it back to Obama's Bailout Plan for a moment. 1.5 Trillion Dollars. Did it need to be done? Lets look at some of these things. Auto Workers. Screw the industry, American cars while they are an Icon are pieces of shit. As soon as NAFTA came out they shipped a lot of their jobs to Mexico. Toyota is the leading US Auto Producer and continues to out sell all American cars. Why is that?

Citi Group needed 300 Million dollars? Why because they made bad business decisions by loaning money to people that could not afford the loans. No way can a family that earns 8k per month afford a 400k house. But because of the Balloon loans they made it so they could for a few years until the rates changed and the mortgage was upped to where it should have been in the first spot.

Andy

Your facts about who holds the money/wealth in the Nation is wrong.

Here's the http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html

In my opinion we need a President that will work for the common people. Our current President is not him. I am not even sure that McCain could have done any better. I just think that we got shafted in the election this year. Remember it was McCain that offered to not spend money on the election but other countries supported Obama with nearly a billion dollars in Campaign funds through Anonymous donations with Pre-Paid Credit Cards. McCain had a third of that. CNN followed Obama and gave him all the Needed News Coverage. Fox followed McCain some but most or less gave them both equal coverage.

I guess the last question is, How many Obama and Biden bumper stickers do you see these days? very few, how many people doo you hear say voted for him? Even less!

How is it that US Senators and Congressmen get a 4500 dollar increase in pay and the US Military gets 1.74%? (as compared to 3.1-3.7% in Previous years)

Adam
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

How is it that US Senators and Congressmen get a 4500 dollar increase in pay and the US Military gets 1.74%? (as compared to 3.1-3.7% in Previous years)

Adam

What was the % change in the cost of living this year compared to previous years?

Lots of people got zero, or pay CUTS this year.

So when you take away 87 million dollars that is used for Training, Equipment and gear and STILL have to Maintain a mission where do you think that the first short falls are going to be?

I'm sure you (or someone) will correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the military have a very large degree of control over how they decide to use the $$$$$$ they are allocated? Why not cut some of the extremely expensive weapons systems even the military says they don't need, but politicians push because it brings pork to their districts (Georgia, where I live, is one of the worst for this)? And as far as the mission is concerned, why not exercise some restraint and use our troops to defend legitimate national security interests, and not for adventurism to support politician,s dreams of empire building?

Don

Adam

CPI data (annual).:

2009: 214.5
2008: 215.3
2007: 207.3
2006: 201.6

% change from previous year:

2009: -0.03%
2008: +3.9%
2007: +2.8%

Seems to me that your raises have been right in line with the cost of living. In fact your 1.74% raise looks pretty good compared to the cost of living.

is that a PA? Oh... you're saying he's a yank as in yankee... I thought you meant he was a ...

well anyway.

Is it hard to figure out that he meant Yankee? [:/]

You are such a victim B|
wait, it that a PA???:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>What gets me is why do you foreigners even care what our government does?

Because we regularly invade those foreign countries and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people. If China invaded us once in a while and killed a bunch of US citizens (in the name of world peace and security of course) you would start to care a LOT what China's government does.

is that a PA? Oh... you're saying he's a yank as in yankee... I thought you meant he was a ...

well anyway.

well let's just say that when I think of you and the word "Yank", yankee doesn't come to mind immediately.
--
Rob

well anyway.

well let's just say that when I think of you and the word "Yank", yankee doesn't come to mind immediately.

Well, ya have to spell things out for some people. BTW, what "IS" Hitler doing right now?