DesertDevil

What do you do for a living?

Like when you have that first time tandem student who is all nervous and trying to act brave in front of their girlfriend..."Don't worry buddy, I've been doing this for a long time and I've trained you well, so no matter what happens, no matter how bad it gets, I'll be OK!"

:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I teach folks to fly airplanes. Or perhaps a better description: I try to keep student pilots from killing me! B|

I still remember my very first flight lesson. Instructor said, "Don't worry. I won't let you hurt me or the plane. You, on the other hand, are expendable."

LOL, I've used a variation of that myself. My favorite line of all though is to get a newbie off the ground and say, "By the way, I'm not really a pilot, never done this before in my life, but I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night!"
;)
"If it suddenly ended tomorrow,
I could somehow adjust to the fall;
Good times and riches and sons of a bitches,
I've seen more than I can recall!"

Like when you have that first time tandem student who is all nervous and trying to act brave in front of their girlfriend..."Don't worry buddy, I've been doing this for a long time and I've trained you well, so no matter what happens, no matter how bad it gets, I'll be OK!"

Yeah, I bet you guys see all types. Airplanes I can do, but I have a special respect for skydiving Instructors!B|

Nothing wrong with selling office equipment. Beats the hell out of unemployment.

Agreed. If that's what you do for a living, and you're good at it, you shouldn't be afraid to say so, and say it proudly. That's why it was a bit of a mystery why he initially just used the generic term "equipment", which could mean anything at all.

If you wanted to be honest and straight-forward, you would have just said that from the beginning.

You mean perhaps, like you ?:|

Straight-forwardness and honesty impress me

You mean perhaps, like you? :|May I remind you on your PMs ..??

My PM's to you were absolutely, brutally, straight-forward and honest. I meant every word of it.

Who are you, JohnRich, to criticize or correct someone else's job description? What's your benefit to slam him down? Feel bigger?

Actually, I was just trying to find out what kind of "equipment" he sold, since he failed to specify it in his first post. Then he started the attacks from there.

Do try and keep up, dear.

Nothing wrong with selling office equipment. Beats the hell out of unemployment.

Agreed. If that's what you do for a living, and you're good at it, you shouldn't be afraid to say so, and say it proudly. That's why it was a bit of a mystery why he initially just used the generic term "equipment", which could mean anything at all.

Funny, but I suspected from his first post he was referring to ergonomic office equipment.
Could be because I have had the pleasure of using well designed and well crafted equipment
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Funny, but I suspected from his first post he was referring to ergonomic office equipment.
Could be because I have had the pleasure of using well designed and well crafted equipment

Wow, I came back to this post and found an interesting discussion. I just figured we were telling each other what we did for a living, not making fun of someone's occupation. I sure as hell wish somebody would design some ergonomics for a Cessna, because my ass and back sure are sore after 3 flights a day!

As I remember it was always my left shin that hurt after flying a 152. Seems I always hit it on the door opening while squiggling in. :P

HAMMER:

But there are other types of ergonomic equipment too, so you can't assume anything.

For example:
Material handling equipment: http://www.bastiansolutions.com/equipment/ergonomic-equipment/default.asp
Lab equipment: http://www.nuaire.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?q=ergonomic&p=1&lang=en&mode=all
etc.

But there are other types of ergonomic equipment too, so you can't assume anything.

For example:
Material handling equipment: http://www.bastiansolutions.com/equipment/ergonomic-equipment/default.asp
Lab equipment: http://www.nuaire.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?q=ergonomic&p=1&lang=en&mode=all
etc.

You are absolutely correct. Virtually every car and truck made today has undergone extensive ergonomic studies as has anything from iPods and iPhones to ATM's and elevator keypads. That's why I thought it was funny (as in somewhat coincidental) that I suspected correctly.
A simple, "What kind of equipment?" minus the sarcasm would have been much more respectful and deserving of a respectful reply.
HAMMER:

A simple, "What kind of equipment?" minus the sarcasm would have been much more respectful and deserving of a respectful reply.

What I said was this:
What is "ergonomic equipment"?
Left-handed tractors?
That was intended as humor, not sarcasm.

It's hard to believe that that simple joke, has led to all this controversy.
Some people see what they want to see, rather than what is actually there.
Do I need to start peppering all my jokes with little smiley faces for everyone to understand?
;):P:D:ph34r:[:/]

I wanted to be a lion tamer, but was encouraged to go into banking.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

My point is, you added a touch of sarcasm to your reply. I agree it wasn't much and he overreacted to it. But then you overreacted to his overreaction....
See what I mean?
HAMMER:

What I said was this:
What is "ergonomic equipment"?
Left-handed tractors?
That was intended as humor, not sarcasm.

It's hard to believe that that simple joke, has led to all this controversy.
Some people see what they want to see, rather than what is actually there.
Do I need to start peppering all my jokes with little smiley faces for everyone to understand?
;):P:D:ph34r:[:/]

Well, that is a Grouch for your picture isn't it?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yes it is. Some nice fellow suggested that I resembled said character, for daring to ask questions of people who don't write clearly. So I figured I'd just adopt that personae for a while. But I'm actually more fond of the cookie monster. Besides, you're probably tired of me encroaching upon your flying dinosaur photo.

Yes it is. Some nice fellow suggested that I resembled said character, for daring to ask questions of people who don't write clearly. So I figured I'd just adopt that personae for a while. But I'm actually more fond of the cookie monster. Besides, you're probably tired of me encroaching upon your flying dinosaur photo.

Oh come on; you don't recognize Wil E Coyote in an acme wingsuit?

Like trying to dress up your job title and make it sound more important by calling it "ergonomic equipment", when you really just sell office equipment?

Once again your ignorance is your biggest problem, and your underlining hate or dislike for me is what is most disturbing.

First you might want to step away from the key board if your getting so obsessed with someone that you search every post of mine and always have a comment that is never positive.

Two- That’s what the equipment is called, not by me but that’s the description by all in the inds. Electric height adjustable workstation, Full spectrum lighting, Supine workstations etc. that allow people to work from bed all the way to standing is not regular office equipment.
:S

Straight-forwardness and honesty impress me. People who try to make themselves sound more important than they really are, do not.

Really so you have no issues with me it was the wording of my post? You know what John your full of it and you’re the one who seem to be dishonest with your self.

Either way you’re the one who seem to find my posts whereever they are no matter how unrelated to politics and comment, and always with a negative tone. Unfortintly you are inable to even see your own issuies.

I find it funny that you think you know me better I do. Or that because of my political stance or where I from you would think there is only certain jobs I could have.:S

I wish ignorance was painful.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

My point is, you added a touch of sarcasm to your reply. I agree it wasn't much and he overreacted to it. But then you overreacted to his overreaction....
See what I mean?

It’s not an overreaction, this is an ongoing thing with John and his obsession with all that I do. I can post about anything anywhere and he always seems to find it and there is always a negative tone to whatever he posts.

So I gave him a chance to be a man and admit what his issue is and as usual he took the low road.

Like I said before if I have an issue with someone I’ll tell him or her here, I’ll tell them in person. Then again I don’t pretend to know people and develop enough emotion hate or like on some forums. It is kind of weird

What's your benefit to slam him down? Feel bigger?

Your entire post is a cruel affront to another poster. >:(

You think yours isn't?

I see you jump to Johns defense again and as usual your forgetting the chain of events.

Did my post have anything to do with John? No I simply stated what I did, I didn’t mention my title I didn’t mention money or anything that should be construed as me trying to sound impressive.

So again why are you attacking the person who stating the obvious?

I will tell you why. You have pre-decided whose side your on despite the facts, despite what’s right or wrong. You just want support your guy even if he has been acting like a stalker for the last 5 years.

Oh come on; you don't recognize Wil E Coyote in an acme wingsuit?

Well, I had not, until just now. Good one!

You might make the wingsuit some color other than green, so that it doesn't look so much like a pterodactyl. ;)

His avatar does not look anything like the TerrorDactyl I put 60 jumps on back in the 70's:ph34r::ph34r: