skycop

This is incredible, damn near unbelieveable

The current administration blames EVERYTHING on Bush. Now they are attempting to to take credit for gains and relative stability in Iraq. Both Obama and Biden said the surge would'nt work, there was not a military solution for the situation. Now they are taking credit for policies that were in place when they took office.
There is a legitimate argument for us not being there in the first place, but taking credit for policies they loathed is outrageous, and shows the depth of their desperation.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/02/joe-biden-update-larry-king-iraq-obama-sarah-palin.html

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

but taking credit for policies they loathed is outrageous, and shows they depth of their desperation.

Nah, it's just SOP for whoever is in control at whatever time - take credit for random things happening well and blame the other guy for random things happening poorly

then the fanatics that support both parties rationalize agreement or disagreement accordingly

It's a good thing, it keeps Speaker's Corner people busy and happy and cynical

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There seems to be a selective memory issue for people who are more loyal to their party then the truth, and their country.

I thought the surge was a stupid idea, because I viewed the war wrong from the start, but now that it works great less of our guys die and who knows maybe Iraq will someday become a real democracy.

However there are plenty of people on the right who have no issue blaming all the shit that happened under Bush on Obama. People are calling him the worst president and he has been in office for one year?

So we have people who have selective memories on every side its unfortunate.

In the long run denying the truth will slow progression, When a ship is sinking its time to move and coordinate on all sides not distract and separate.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Maybe Obama could give his victory speech, in front of the original "Mission Accomplished" banner, and talk about how he saved the country a few thousand dollars.

Hey, if they're brazen enough to call Iraq one of their great achievements, they can be really ballsy and get a banner that reads "Mission REALLY Accomplished."

In seriousness, if the Administration can get the troops out and the country doesn't quickly fall apart into fighting again, they can claim a piece of that, since the Bush Administration showed no real sign that our guys would ever leave there, and McCain gave his poorly worded 100 years pledge.

But we all knew Biden is a schmuck, just as much of an asshole as Chaney was.

Nah, it's just SOP for whoever is in control at whatever time - take credit for random things happening well and blame the other guy for random things happening poorly

This is as blatant as it gets, hopefully people with common sense see through it.

One of the best points ever here in SC, cheers.....B|

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Maybe Obama could give his victory speech, in front of the original "Mission Accomplished" banner, and talk about how he saved the country a few thousand dollars.

He's seems to be really proud of the "2 million jobs created or saved". That's less than 1% of our population. And, he's doing it with no impact on the budget. I'm really curious to see where that excess $1.5 trillion per year is going...
We are all engines of karma

The current administration blames EVERYTHING on Bush. Now they are attempting to to take credit for gains and relative stability in Iraq. Both Obama and Biden said the surge would'nt work, there was not a military solution for the situation. Now they are taking credit for policies that were in place when they took office.
There is a legitimate argument for us not being there in the first place, but taking credit for policies they loathed is outrageous, and shows the depth of their desperation.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/02/joe-biden-update-larry-king-iraq-obama-sarah-palin.html

It's not unbelievable at all knowing this administration. They can take credit for maintaining the policies already in place, but President Obama has yet to acknowledge that the surge in Iraq worked.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

but taking credit for policies they loathed is outrageous, and shows they depth of their desperation.

then the fanatics that support both parties rationalize agreement or disagreement accordingly

Well close - it is the Liberal SOP . . . it was clinton and his cronies that did nothing about the threat when they had the chance.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The Surge. That was a plan to put a lot more troop in Iraq. When the build up to get it started was going on, several generals said we would need many more troops than Rumsfeld said was adiquate. So the surge was just trying to reset the game.

And the "We're not there to do Nation Building" thing. We would've been much better off (and the Iraqi people also) if the Bath Party officials had been left in place to do their jobs under supervision and the Iraqi Army had not been disbanded and the soldiers sent home WITH theire weapons. We saw a population with a high rate of unemployment, a LOT of weapons and a fucked up infrastructure. How did anyone think that was going to turn out good?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?