CanuckInUSA

Little talk about Obama's aunt

I am kind of surprised nobody is talking about Obama's aunt today. Her fate is being decided today in a Massachusetts court.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/04/obama.aunt/index.html

Of course you know the courts will side in favor of this welfare collecting illegal alien. So maybe this is why people are not talking about her.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I am kind of surprised nobody is talking about Obama's aunt today. Her fate is being decided today in a Massachusetts court.

Of course you know the courts will side in favor of this welfare collecting illegal alien. So maybe this is why people are not talking about her.

Have not heard about it before your post. I mean I knew about her but knew nothing about today's proceedings
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Have not heard about it before your post. I mean I knew about her but knew nothing about today's proceedings

I was alerted to the story this morning on a Canadian website. I could have used the Canadian media link but decided to search for an American link. I found the story on CNN but never bothered to check some of the other US media sources. It is possible that the US media is keeping it a low profile story, or maybe it's low profile because everyone knows that the illegal welfare collecting alien Zeituni Onyango will be allowed to stay because:

1) She is related to Obama.
2) America does not care about it's millions of illegal aliens anymore.

I was alerted to the story this morning on a Canadian website. I could have used the Canadian media link but decided to search for an American link. I found the story on CNN but never bothered to check some of the other US media sources. It is possible that the US media is keeping it a low profile story, or maybe it's low profile because everyone knows that the illegal welfare collecting alien Zeituni Onyango will be allowed to stay because:

2) America does not care about it's millions of illegal aliens anymore.

My guess would be 3) all the above
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I am referring to this web site Bill.

Ah, sorry. To answer that question - we're way too busy here to worry about such things. Topics like how foolish the British are, how evil carnivores are and how important it is to be a gun-carrying sheepdog take precedence over whose aunt is in trouble.

Looks like the judge has deferred ruling on this case for 30 days.

If the court does indeed deport this woman, then you can come back and say to me "in your face" and yes I will eat some humble pie and admit I was wrong. In the meantime I still stand by my stance that I am betting she will get off because:

2) America does not care about illegal aliens in their country.

PS: my crystal ball (like most other things I own) was made in China and I am not sure if that glow it gives off is the future it is trying to tell me, or the toxic sludge the Chinese used while making the product. :P

There is no option for 'she is related to Obama, and therefore will be deported even while millions of other illegal immigrants are tacitly allowed to stay'. So I couldn't vote.

Basically, by applying for and being denied asylum earlier in the 2000's, she may have been considered to be PRUCOL (permanently residing under color of law), which would have entitled her to some state benefits. Even the denial--if it is not enforced, and enforcement is rare--gives her some rights at the state level that someone wading across the Rio Grande does not immediately have. Immigration and related law can be very weird in the US.

Essentially by applying for asylum, she got herself "into the system", giving herself some de facto rights unless USCIS actually chose to enforce the original order. Enforcement against a middle aged woman with no known criminal record would be unexpected, to say the last, unless she did something to draw attention to herself.

However attention was indeed drawn to her because of the fact that her half-nephew is a public figure. This put some pressure on USCIS to enforce an order that otherwise might have been ignored. The only reason--IMHO--why the current proceedings are happening at all is because, due to the public attention, she is trying to reverse an order that might actually be at risk of being enforced at this point.

The bottom line is that, if it weren't for who her half-nephew is, she would probably still be quietly living illegally in the USA, with a deportation order technically on the books but completely ignored, and continuing to draw whatever state benefits she is drawing.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

>I am kind of surprised nobody is talking about Obama's aunt today.

Google news search "Obama aunt deportation" - 658 hits, most articles today.

that confirms his thought really. It was mentioned here in the past, and certainly today isn't the first time it could have been reported.