Rookie120

And here come the tax hikes!

Good. I spent one class today indoctrinating seniors about electron effective mass in semiconductors, and another class indoctrinating freshmen about metals and alloys. That indoctrination sure is fun.

SEE that sounds like someone that LIKES paying taxes and in general looks like a worm. I rest my tax cheating case.

Still that tenure stuff is a good deal no matter what you teach.... kind of kills off any worries. But then again we are suppose to believe you CARE but a lot of collage prof don't.

It is my experience that most people completely misunderstand what tenure means. You appear to be among that group.

Tenure does not protect anyone from being fired "for cause". "For cause" would include failing to teach the curriculum of your course and teaching something else instead. Tenure gives no more protection from firing than a typical union contract.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Good. I spent one class today indoctrinating seniors about electron effective mass in semiconductors, and another class indoctrinating freshmen about metals and alloys. That indoctrination sure is fun.

SEE that sounds like someone that LIKES paying taxes and in general looks like a worm. I rest my tax cheating case.

Still that tenure stuff is a good deal no matter what you teach.... kind of kills off any worries. But then again we are suppose to believe you CARE but a lot of collage prof don't.

It is my experience that most people completely misunderstand what tenure means. You appear to be among that group.

Tenure does not protect anyone from being fired "for cause". "For cause" would include failing to teach the curriculum of your course and teaching something else instead. Tenure gives no more protection from firing than a typical union contract.

Exactly!!! and you make his point even better
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Not quite the same as working "at will," as many (most?) of us do, is it?

Perhaps where you are John, but my wife was a tenured school teacher. I understand it, how it works and more importantly how it DOESN'T

Tenure gives no more protection from firing than a typical union contract

LOL, and if you believe "typical union contracts" work well I have some land to sell you.

Tenure has been beat up with you enough already. Your IRS quote was offensive to small business owners who do pay there taxes. Although nothing would offend you tenure is widely pointed out to be a problem but it doesn't mean YOUR a problem.

I know you well enough to know that your baiting and I know not to answer it......

But keep in mind I will be going fishing soon and I'll need a worm or two.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Do you think that being fired "at will" because your boss doesn't like the color of your eyes or your taste in shoes is a wonderful thing? That is about all that tenure protects you from. If they want to close your program they can fire you, if you commit misconduct they can fire you, if you don't teach what you're supposed to, they can fire you, even if you have tenure.

If tenure and union contracts are alike as you say, consider this from your own state

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/CPS.rubber.room.2.1199100.html

You could always try reading what is written, instead of what you would like to be written. If you did that more often you would appear a whole lot smarter. Just sayin'.

If tenure and union contracts are alike as you say, consider this from your own state

You could always try reading what is written, instead of what you would like to be written. If you did that more often you would appear a whole lot smarter. Just sayin'.

Just sayin??:D:D

Truthfully sir, I really dont give a squirt of piss what you think about me as far as how smart I am.:D

I will leave you to what ever it is world you live in. Me? I will stay where there is at least some reality:D

By the way, are you implying that Chicago's teachers are not unionized?
Abraham Lincoln

If you did that more often you would appear a whole lot smarter. Just sayin'.

Just sayin??:D:D

Truthfully sir, I really dont give a squirt of piss what you think about me as far as how smart I am.:D

I will leave you to what ever it is world you live in. Me? I will stay where there is at least some reality:D

By the way, are you implying that Chicago's teachers are not unionized?

Since you missed it the first time:
You could always try reading what is written, instead of what you would like to be written.

Do you think that being fired "at will" because your boss doesn't like the color of your eyes or your taste in shoes is a wonderful thing?

Yeah, cause that happens a lot. "Your shoes are brown and eyes are blue. Get out."

That is about all that tenure protects you from.

Horseshit.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

High taxes are great for everybody.....

Believe me brother my wife and I are trying like hell to get out of here! NJ sucks ass and the taxes are killing me! As soon as a we get our chance back in Colorado we are poppin smoke.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

High taxes are great for everybody.....

Believe me brother my wife and I are trying like hell to get out of here! NJ sucks ass and the taxes are killing me! As soon as a we get our chance back in Colorado we are poppin smoke.

+1
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

From your first hand perspective, how has that affected your area?

A lot of guys at work can no longer afford property taxes. One guys pays $13,000 a year. And NO it is not some big ass home. I have been there. A lot of guys have moved and commute to work. Either to PA or move even farther and fly. We have 1 guy who commutes from Phoenix and another from L.A. I will never be able to afford a home here and pay the property taxes so as soon as the door opens for my wife somewhere else we are gone.

It's not just the property taxes. It's the tolls for everything from the roads, bridges, tunnels, to wippin your ass they have out here. Commuter trains cost a shit load. Seems like everywhere you turn people have there hands in your pockets. It just gets frustrating. You work your ass off just so you can watch your Govt piss it away then demand more from you without ever thinking about curbing spending.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

From your first hand perspective, how has that affected your area?

A lot of guys at work can no longer afford property taxes. One guys pays $13,000 a year. And NO it is not some big ass home. I have been there. A lot of guys have moved and commute to work. Either to PA or move even farther and fly. We have 1 guy who commutes from Phoenix and another from L.A. I will never be able to afford a home here and pay the property taxes so as soon as the door opens for my wife somewhere else we are gone.

It's not just the property taxes. It's the tolls for everything from the roads, bridges, tunnels, to wippin your ass they have out here. Commuter trains cost a shit load. Seems like everywhere you turn people have there hands in your pockets. It just gets frustrating. You work your ass off just so you can watch your Govt piss it away then demand more from you without ever thinking about curbing spending.

I thought you worked in an industry that only exists on account of government taxpayer subsidies.

Do you think that being fired "at will" because your boss doesn't like the color of your eyes or your taste in shoes is a wonderful thing?

Yeah, cause that happens a lot. "Your shoes are brown and eyes are blue. Get out."

Frequency is irrelevant.

While civil rights law protects employees from being fired because of their skin color or age, there's no similar protection in an "at will" state against being fired because an employer doesn't like the color of your car or your shoes, or because he didn't get laid last night.

Senior executives, performers, athletes and some other well-situated employees work under individual employment contracts that provide protection against unjust dismissal. No different AT ALL from tenure, in fact rather better in most cases, as the big severance payouts to the Wall Street execs who engineered the recession have shown.

Are you saying Chicago teachers are not unionized?

If you bothered to read what people write instead of fabricating straw men, you would know perfectly well that I haven't written anything at all about Chicago teachers.

You could always try reading what is written, instead of what you would like to be written.

Somehow I'm getting impression that some people here have a virus on their computer which messes up with the content of posts. It is because their replies quite often are pretty much about something you never said. But they still are so confident about it that they'll argue with you, trying to tell you what YOU meant when you wrote it!
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

I thought you worked in an industry that only exists on account of government taxpayer subsidies.

I thought you did also?

Nope - private.

So whats your point? They haven't gotten any bailout since I have been here.

Really? Who pays for Air Traffic Control, airport runways, GPS satellites, WAAS, Aviation Digital Data Service (ADDS), etc?

Are you saying Chicago teachers are not unionized?

If you bothered to read what people write instead of fabricating straw men, you would know perfectly well that I haven't written anything at all about Chicago teachers.

Never said you did. You did compare tenure to union contracts though didnt you:o
So, are you saying the Chicago teachers are not unionized?
Abraham Lincoln

Somehow I'm getting impression that some people here have a virus on their computer which messes up with the content of posts. It is because their replies quite often are pretty much about something you never said. But they still are so confident about it that they'll argue with you, trying to tell you what YOU meant when you wrote it!

I see you are missing the story line too.

And you play like you are sooooooooo smart
Abraham Lincoln

Just for clarity kallend posted the following

Are you caught up now?
Abraham Lincoln