georgerussia

Finally "no open carry" at some businesses

Laughing. No, as he points out, he doesn't actually look for any evidence to support it, and rejects any presented to him.

Do you claim to have presented any relevant evidence?
Before answering please follow up the thread, and read what kind of evidence we're talking about - so you wouldn't bring something completely irrelevant again, as you often do.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

you're laboring under the impression (well, actually I doubt it, you just won't admit the difference) that votes are equal.

The law says that the votes ARE equal. Everything else is your speculation in attempt to avoid admitting that you screwed up saying there are fewer voters in Richmond.

you're laboring under the impression (well, actually I doubt it, you just won't admit the difference) that votes are equal.

The law says that the votes ARE equal. Everything else is your speculation in attempt to avoid admitting that you screwed up saying there are fewer voters in Richmond.

Votes are equal in an election. Voters are not ever equal. And I don't see any election here yet. It's funny that you think the gross numbers change this truth.

When you accept that Richmond is politically irrelevant, and doesn't have a Peets or a CKP, then you can go on about how these guys should have driven 35 miles to go there. But it would probably be an honest start to figure out where they live. If they're in El Cerrito, and going to SR, your line of lame criticism would be on the mark. But if they live in Danville...man up.

Votes are equal in an election.

My point there was that there are NO fewer voters in Richmond - there are more. Since their voters are equal in election, and votes are only useful during election, this is all that matters.

isn't that what a protest is all about?

As I said, I had no idea it was actually "protest". If you look through comments, pretty much nobody else seen it as "protest" either as it wasn't obvious what they protest against.

I'd bet he'd shoot his body towards the open door and pick another place to rob.

Why? Another place may have another one. Much easier to ask those open carriers with unloaded guns to drop them on the floor (and shot them if they don't).

As I said, I had no idea it was actually "protest". If you look through comments, pretty much nobody else seen it as "protest" either as it wasn't obvious what they protest against.

It was made obvious to you a while ago.

> Votes are only useful in an election?

Sheesh. Sounds like a scintillating quarter page final exam paper.

if you are a politician running for office in 2 years, votes and their tallies are useful to you:
a) in 2 years
b) now, in deciding where to campaign
c) now, in deciding whom to make promises to
d) now, in deciding whom to pay off
e) all of the above
f) none of the above as elections are just a scam to distract you from the pentaverate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctEDHm0OKms

--
Rob

This is a good question. The only problem is that such situations seems to be extremely rare. Local reports suggest that at least some gun owners are only concerned about themselves, so the situation you describe looks quite unrealistic. On the other side, we have all those crimes committed when yet another gun owner went crazy and started shooting others (or into air) - and the number of such crimes seems to be much larger than the number of situations where an armed gun owner saved " those that are against guns or open carry".

Bullshit. Go read the 'armed citizen' pages, or Clayton Cramer's blog.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not true... although I see it as much slower it is still beter than nothing at all and if you train that way it is still an option.

Who do you think a robber would shot the first in such a case? I bet it would be the person(s) who open carry.

First, the robber has to have a gun (only some 40% of violent crimes are committed with a gun). Then, he has to notice the customer is armed.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Much easier to ask those open carriers with unloaded guns to drop them on the floor (and shot them if they don't).

Yeah, they do that all the time when they run into a cop at the place they're going to rob. /sarc
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You probably missed what exactly we were talking about. I suggest you follow up the thread back to the post #47. To make it clear, it was NOT about gun owners preventing crimes against themselves, it was about situation when a gun owner saved those that were against guns or open carry.

And if you want to introduce something as the evidence, have the courtesy to provide links.

First, the robber has to have a gun (only some 40% of violent crimes are committed with a gun).

It looks like you're trying to compare apples with oranges. Your numbers say nothing about how many of those 40% are robbers.

Then, he has to notice the customer is armed.

Not a big deal. The whole fuss about it was exactly because too many people noticed that - and, I guess, they didn't look with the same scrutiny as a robber would.

Yeah, they do that all the time when they run into a cop at the place they're going to rob.

Cops tend to carry loaded guns, and represent something significantly different comparing to average Joe with a gun. It is backup (including legal and financial) and a lot of other things average Joe simply doesn't have.

You probably missed what exactly we were talking about. I suggest you follow up the thread back to the post #47. To make it clear, it was NOT about gun owners preventing crimes against themselves, it was about situation when a gun owner saved those that were against guns or open carry.

And if you want to introduce something as the evidence, have the courtesy to provide links.

There's examples of those on those pages, and you've been given the links before.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

First, the robber has to have a gun (only some 40% of violent crimes are committed with a gun).

It looks like you're trying to compare apples with oranges. Your numbers say nothing about how many of those 40% are robbers.

I'm sorry - I was mistaken. My numbers above WERE for robberies and not all violent crime. And, as usual, you ignore ANY crime not committed with a gun.

Then, he has to notice the customer is armed.

Not a big deal. The whole fuss about it was exactly because too many people noticed that - and, I guess, they didn't look with the same scrutiny as a robber would.

I'll guarantee you that, absent the publicity, the majority of the public would NOT notice, given a reasonable attempt to minimize the visual impact.

Yeah, they do that all the time when they run into a cop at the place they're going to rob.

Cops tend to carry loaded guns, and represent something significantly different comparing to average Joe with a gun.

Bull. If you don't get up fairly close on a revolver, you can't tell if it's loaded. With a semi-auto, all you can tell is if a magazine is inserted.

It is backup (including legal and financial)

Yeah, that robber is REALLY worried about the cop having legal representation and financial support from the police union.

and a lot of other things average Joe simply doesn't have.

Like what? Something that would actually be RELEVANT to a robber, please.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'd bet he'd shoot his body towards the open door and pick another place to rob.

Why? Another place may have another one. Much easier to ask those open carriers with unloaded guns to drop them on the floor (and shot them if they don't).

Really? It is the same thing as an ADT sign in your front lawn. You don't even need the security system just that sign and it does wonders. If you walk in to rob a place and you see a guy with a gun you are telling me that it might make a guy think... lets do this some place else?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Holy shit you actually said it... unreal. If someone breaks in to my LOCKED home and steals my gun.... that is NOT my fault in any way! You have got to be kidding me...... are you serious?

Easy. The jury of your peers would decide if you were negligent (and therefore guilty), or you took all reasonable steps to secure your guns from criminals, and therefore not guilty :)

Any jury that would find me guilty of any wrong doing for this is F'd! I could see it happen in California.... possibly the only place in the US. I was not asking about a jury of my peers I was asking you to answer the question and you did. It gave me way more perspective on you. :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Well, you had to dig a bit deeper, I guess. 6 y/o news are not really actual. The Netherlands are a safe place, that's for sure. Read a bit about the background of above story, that'll help.

I love to walk the streets in NL, fully unarmed. It's just around the corner and has nice DZ's.

:)
Next country?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The Netherlands are a safe place, that's for sure.

"Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemborg, etc - safe"

Expressway for Germany into France since 1900

:ph34r::ph34r:

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Some outlaw biker club members carry a ball-peen hammer in a sheath attached to their belt.

Personally, I prefer the 20 oz. Estwing, straight claw ripping hammer...Much more versatile than the ball peen, and stays in the hammer loop.

Keep your weapons, we'll try to keep them away from us as much as possible. Our youngsters do not need to grow up with a hand gun instead of a toy in thier hands.

I take it, young boys don't play Kraut and Yankee, then?

true if you're close enough.

though the context was regarding a holstered weapon. I didn't explicitly state it.

and the video in the original post the weapons are automatics, and in at least two cases, there were magazines inserted in the automatics.
--
Rob