rushmc

Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

MMMMmmm, koolaid.

Kool-aid drinker, huh? I get my news from CBS, ABC, NBS, CNN, Time, Newsweek, US News and World Report...and, on occasion, even "Fixed" news. How's that for "Fair and balanced?"

Good for you - I wasn't talking about the sources of your info, but your ideology.

A few books I could recommend to my Fox and Friends kool-aid drinkers..."Fiasco" by Pulitzer-prize writer Thomas E. Ricks, "Life in the Emerald City" by Rajiv Chandrasekaran and Cobra 11 (two) by Michael R. Gordon and Gen. Bernard E. Trainor... authors respected by both the left and the right.
You can thank me later..Enjoy!
PS: And, byt the way, are you disputing that what I wrote in my last post as not factual?

In return, I'll recommend "Bias" by Bernard Goldberg.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Change you can believe in :P

mnealtx wont be along saying its all ok... as he does with repubiclown administrations.

Where have I said that, Jeanne? I show where you're talking smack when you go on one of your 'no-bid' rants - said rant being (quelle surprise) amazingly ABSENT in this case.

SURELY you're not saying that a no-bid contract is "all ok", are you?

Have I said that.. NO...

You're not decrying this one, so you evidently support it.

Have you justified no bid contracts....YES time after time after time.. so you should be good to go on this one.

YOU certainly are - so long as they're DEM no-bids, like this one, the Clinton no-bids in Kosovo.

BTW, show where I'm 'justifying no-bid contracts time after time".
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Change you can believe in :P

mnealtx wont be along saying its all ok... as he does with repubiclown administrations.

Where have I said that, Jeanne? I show where you're talking smack when you go on one of your 'no-bid' rants - said rant being (quelle surprise) amazingly ABSENT in this case.

SURELY you're not saying that a no-bid contract is "all ok", are you?

Have I said that.. NO...

You're not decrying this one, so you evidently support it.

Have you justified no bid contracts....YES time after time after time.. so you should be good to go on this one.

YOU certainly are - so long as they're DEM no-bids, like this one, the Clinton no-bids in Kosovo.

BTW, show where I'm 'justifying no-bid contracts time after time".

OPh give me a fucking break.. you have done nothiong BUT defend the Bush administratioon and the Halliburton ripoffs and the Blackwater types for years.

I will NOT defend ANY of the no bid contracts.. unlike you Mikeee,, but compared to what your Texican FUckup in Chief did... this is chump change and you know it.. but you are incapable of EVER doing anything other but sucking up to anything right wing......and supporting Bush... I bet you would even give him a pass if he had been getting blow jobs from local young prepublicans.....:S:S:S:S

OPh give me a fucking break.. you have done nothiong BUT defend the Bush administratioon and the Halliburton ripoffs and the Blackwater types for years.

If by "defend" you mean "Show where you were full of shit in your accusations", then yes, I did.

I will NOT defend ANY of the no bid contracts.

Really? Show me where you're speaking out against this one. For that matter, I don't recall seeing you speaking out against Clinton's no-bid in the Balkans, either - only those EEEBIL Republican ones.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

At least Cheney got oil profits in the deal-Obama hooks us up with what? More lawyers?:S

Link please

was supposed to satirical

Ah.......:$
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If by "defend" you mean "Show where you were full of shit in your accusations", then yes, I did.

Really? Show me where you're speaking out against this one. For that matter, I don't recall seeing you speaking out against Clinton's no-bid in the Balkans, either - only those EEEBIL Republican ones.

Gee all I have seen from you is whining about how the DEMS DID It first...re Halliburton....et al..

Wasnt the contract a CONTINUATION of the contract originally given by GEROGE BUSH the First.. OOOPS.. forgot about that one dint ya.

Over and over you support the no bids.... whats a girl to think... PARTISAN HACK comes to mind when someone continually defends only one side.. and trys to make it more palatable to themselves by saying OH THE OTHER GUYS DO IT TOO:S:S:S

I think its a lousy stupid thing to do by THIS ADMINISTRATION.. but as I said.. on the scope of things its chump change.. ESPECIALLY considering the many BILLIONS that GW and Cheney gave away.. to all their political cronies.. and something YOU wouild never have said about your lords and masters in the Texican Elite.:S:S:S:S

I guess the difference would be that I don't remember Bush say anything about not giving no bid contracts, I do remember Obama saying it. That would make him a liar once again.

Got a link to that statement?

And it would also be instructive to which dim bulb MINION came up with this bright idea:S:S

If you dont think the NO BID CONTRACTS that went to Bush Administration friends ( and former employers) came right from the horses asses mouths.. I got some tropical property on Baffin Island I would like to sell you.,:S:S

Again WHERE THE FUCK was all YOUR moral outrage for all the HUNDREDS of BILLIONS that went into friends pockets by your lords and Masters from 2001 to 2008??????

Nope.. not a peep from you or your fellow travellers then>:(>:(>:([/mad]

I guess the difference would be that I don't remember Bush say anything about not giving no bid contracts, I do remember Obama saying it. That would make him a liar once again.

And it would also be instructive to which dim bulb MINION came up with this bright idea:S:S

If you dont think the NO BID CONTRACTS that went to Bush Administration friends ( and former employers) came right from the horses asses mouths.. I got some tropical property on Baffin Island I would like to sell you.,:S:S

Again WHERE THE FUCK was all YOUR moral outrage for all the HUNDREDS of BILLIONS that went into friends pockets by your lords and Masters from 2001 to 2008??????

I did not comment on the contracts wether they are good or bad, just that Obama said in his campaign speeches that it was not going to happen under his presidency and bush did not say that. that would make Obama a liar.

I did not comment on the contracts wether they are good or bad, just that Obama said in his campaign speeches that it was not going to happen under his presidency and bush did not say that. that would make Obama a liar.

Still waiting for that link... to where he said that and where OBAMA actually signed something??? Maybe you can find that info on the EIB web site... where most of the fringe right keeps their brains.:S:S

Still waiting for that link... to where he said that and where OBAMA actually signed something??? Maybe you can find that info on the EIB web site... where most of the fringe right keeps their brains.:S:S

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/30/end-no-bid-contracts-above-25000/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/30/end-no-bid-contracts-above-25000/

Do you ever actually read the crap you post????

An e-mail from White House spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield and OMB spokesman Ken Baer said the president has directed agencies to cut so-called "high-risk contracting authorities," which include no-bid contracts, by 10 percent this year alone.

"Improving federal contracting and ensuring that our taxpayer dollars are spent well are top priorities," their e-mail said. "The President has charged federal departments and agencies with saving $40 billion annually by Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 through terminating unnecessary contracts, strengthening acquisition management, ending the overreliance on contractors, and reducing the use of high-risk contracts across government. The government’s major contracting agencies – which account for more than 98 percent of contract spending – are on track to meet this goal, identifying more than $19 billion of savings for the first year of this reform effort."

Progress? Watchdogs such as the Project on Government Oversight say yes. But that's still not fulfilling Obama's pledge to require competitive bidding for all contracts over $25,000. So we rate this one a Promise Broken.

There is a difference a campaign pledge and a lie.. but that would not interfere with a good ole boy bash agin the man now would it..

Interwsting the fring erights gettin all BUTT HURT again.. over this one... compared to your performance in the preceeding 8 years:S:S:S:S

I still want to see where OBOMBER as yall like to call him... did this one personally.....:S:S:S

AS opposed to Slick DICK and his feeding at the Halliburton Trough....oink oink oink

I will NOT defend ANY of the no bid contracts.. unlike you Mikeee,, but compared to what your Texican FUckup in Chief did... this is chump change and you know it.. but you are incapable of EVER doing anything other but sucking up to anything right wing......and supporting Bush... I bet you would even give him a pass if he had been getting blow jobs from local young prepublicans.....:S:S:S:S

Sure, it's chump change, esp compared to the trillion dollar deficits, but it's an indication again that this is government as usual. A lot of voters overlooked his obvious lack of experience with the hope that some of these promises to change how DC work would happen.

"Obama will ensure that federal contracts
over $25,000 are competitively bid."

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issues/fiscal/ObamaPolicy_Fiscal.pdf

Do you ever actually read the crap you post????

An e-mail from White House spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield and OMB spokesman Ken Baer said the president has directed agencies to cut so-called "high-risk contracting authorities," which include no-bid contracts, by 10 percent this year alone.

"Improving federal contracting and ensuring that our taxpayer dollars are spent well are top priorities," their e-mail said. "The President has charged federal departments and agencies with saving $40 billion annually by Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 through terminating unnecessary contracts, strengthening acquisition management, ending the overreliance on contractors, and reducing the use of high-risk contracts across government. The government’s major contracting agencies – which account for more than 98 percent of contract spending – are on track to meet this goal, identifying more than $19 billion of savings for the first year of this reform effort."

Progress? Watchdogs such as the Project on Government Oversight say yes. But that's still not fulfilling Obama's pledge to require competitive bidding for all contracts over $25,000. So we rate this one a Promise Broken.

There is a difference a campaign pledge and a lie.. but that would not interfere with a good ole boy bash agin the man now would it..

Interwsting the fring erights gettin all BUTT HURT again.. over this one... compared to your performance in the preceeding 8 years:S:S:S:S

I still want to see where OBOMBER as yall like to call him... did this one personally.....:S:S:S

AS opposed to Slick DICK and his feeding at the Halliburton Trough....oink oink oink

what? I prooved he is a liar and that offends you?

Do you know the difference between a lie and working towards a solution.. OH thats right... you Teabaggin Party of all NOer's think everthing is supposed to all happen and fix everything within a week of his taking office..

Sorry I forgot.. only the REPUBICLOWNS that done pult themselfs upins by theyins brogan straps....can get everything done that fast.. so pardon the fuck outta me.:S:S:S

The Last Administration did SOOOO good at curbing spending... just like you voted them in for :S:S:S:S:S

Do you know the difference between a lie and working towards a solution.. OH thats right... you Teabaggin Party of all NOer's think everthing is supposed to all happen and fix everything within a week of his taking office..

Sorry I forgot.. only the REPUBICLOWNS that done pult themselfs upins by theyins brogan straps....can get everything done that fast.. so pardon the fuck outta me.:S:S:S

The Last Administration did SOOOO good at curbing spending... just like you voted them in for :S:S:S:S:S

This is suspiciously similar to the 8 year pattern by the Right of "CDIF." I guess it will now be BDIF until the next person comes along.

This is suspiciously similar to the 8 year pattern by the Right of "CDIF." I guess it will now be BDIF until the next person comes along.

Hell they are still blaming Clinton for shit he did not do..... like Mikee's belief that the NO BID contract for the Balkans was all Clintons fault... when in point of fact it looks like King George the First blessed ole Halliburton/KBR with the contract and Clinton continues it.. not initiated it...:S:S:S:S

OH thats right... you Teabaggin Party of all NOer's think everthing is supposed to all happen and fix everything within a week of his taking office.

It's been more than a week and while GWB was a moron, Obama is making Georgie Boy look like a Conservative regarding their respective spending. Have you seen how your deficit has grown between 2008 and 2009? I just can't wait for the 2010 deficit figures. Tomorrow?

Sorry I forgot.. only the REPUBICLOWNS that done pult themselfs upins by theyins brogan straps.

Please use a language that humans know. I don't mind if you make the occasional spelling or grammatical error (we all make mistakes) but if you want people to understand you, you need to use words that we can recognize.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Gee all I have seen from you is whining about how the DEMS DID It first...re Halliburton....et al..

Wasnt the contract a CONTINUATION of the contract originally given by GEROGE BUSH the First.. OOOPS.. forgot about that one dint ya.

Actually, the LOGCAP contracts started in the mid-80's. The no-bid in 97 was still Clinton's baby, though, since the initial award in 92 for the Balkans WAS a bidded contract.

Over and over you support the no bids....

Over and over, I blow you out of the water when you lie about the no-bids.

whats a girl to think...

I dunno... stop lying about them, maybe?

PARTISAN HACK comes to mind when someone continually defends only one side..

Oh, like you do with the Dems - got it.

and trys to make it more palatable to themselves by saying OH THE OTHER GUYS DO IT TOO:S:S:S

Like you're doing here?

I think its a lousy stupid thing to do by THIS ADMINISTRATION..

Well, congrats - you FINALLY did it!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This site needs an icon, with two little boys, trying to see who can piss higher, on the wall.

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's been more than a week and while GWB was a moron, Obama is making Georgie Boy look like a Conservative regarding their respective spending. Have you seen how your deficit has grown between 2008 and 2009?

This is true. And that's one of the reasons many on the....well.....left of the arbitrary political line, are pissed at him. He's looking like "Republican Lite". But with regard to the deficit, it would have looked terrible regardless of who won the last Presidential election. The banks would have been bailed out regardless. The auto compaines would have been bailed out because no President would want that industry to collapse under their name (and think of the jobless figures if we had). And a massive economic stimulus package would have been passed. The difference would lie in where those special interest dollars went (not by much though). The very minor difference lies in the philosophy. The Demoblicans seem to recognize that "trickle down" and an unchecked free market philosophy was a dangerous failure. The Republicrats haven't figured that out yet.