JohnRich

England: TV Star Warned Over Waving Knife At Intruders

What silly reply is that? :o I'm talking for my country/continent same way like you do. And I duly doubt you know every single one of your countrymen in need for firearms ...

That shot was off target, Mikey.

:P

No it wasn't - you were ragging on HIM for saying that some Europeans wanted better access and implied that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Yep. Something wrong with that?

:)

So, you DO know all Europeans and have asked ALL of them whether they want more access? Post the petition with all those millions of signatures, then.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

:|

I thought this was a knife thread.

A knife thread created by JohnRich? Hahahaha ... Cop-out.

That again was a Brits bashing thread created by JohnRich. Seems to be anankastic for him, a new one every now and then.

:S

Howdy again Christel,

I had to look up the word anankastic.

Love crossing swords with you now and then.

Do you know the meaning of the word Hoplophobe?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

What silly reply is that? :o I'm talking for my country/continent same way like you do. And I duly doubt you know every single one of your countrymen in need for firearms ...

That shot was off target, Mikey.

:P

No it wasn't - you were ragging on HIM for saying that some Europeans wanted better access and implied that he didn't know what he was talking about.

Yep. Something wrong with that?

:)

well if I'd said that all europeans want better access, you'd have been spot on.

but that's not what I said. Nor did I imply that. You made an incorrect inference from my statement.
--
Rob

News:
Cleared: Father who chopped off intruder's ear with samurai sword after he threatened to rape and kill his family

A father who defended his family from drug-crazed thugs by wounding one with a Samurai sword has been cleared by a jury.

David Fullard, 47, was prosecuted for attacking the two strangers who forced their way into his home and threatened to rape his partner and kill his two teenage children...
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249958/Cleared-Builder-chopped-thugs-ear-Samurai-sword-threatened-rape-kill-family.html

The jury got it right, but the government never should have prosecuted him in the first place.

Oh, and the two men who attacked the family: they received only suspended sentences and community service.

Still it shows that the system worked.

Barely. And only because a jury of citizens had enough common sense to do the right thing.

However, the government failed to show that same common sense. The police should not have charged the homeowner with a crime in the first place. The prosecutor should not have pursued a case against him. And the court system should not have let the attackers off so easy.

So the government failed on three counts.
And the citizens succeeded on one count.

So the real question is ---- how do we separate this line of logic from mere vigilante attitudes that would manifest themselves in the same actions....... ***

How did society get to the point where taking direct action against threats was deemed illegal or 'vigilante' Someone threatening violence and tying up my loved ones is a threat until eliminated - period there is no statue of limitations on my books.

the law has been shown to be incompetent and useless time and time again but if you handle a problem your deemed a vigilante and subject to prison. The fucker that got his ass beat after tying up the family... will probably get state assistance now and continue to waste our oxygen while the father goes to jail for something that common sense says should be ok, someone comes into your house threatening violence and you get the upper hand by some peoples standards just because they make it to the street they can yell "SAFE" just like a damned kids game.

911 = government sponsored dial a prayer

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

So the real question is ---- how do we separate this line of logic from mere vigilante attitudes that would manifest themselves in the same actions....... ***

How did society get to the point where taking direct action against threats was deemed illegal or 'vigilante' Someone threatening violence and tying up my loved ones is a threat until eliminated - period there is no statue of limitations on my books.

I have to assume that you didn't read the string leading up to that comment (context is an attacker that's been out of circulation for years, do you go after him or not) - else you are actually making the point for the other guy.

[there is no "statute" of limitations in my book] - sound extremely vigilante-like to me

justice is determined and administrated by society, not individuals

individuals are responsible for self defense (them and theirs, and that's not justice, it's something else) though, that is the balance we are discussing - both on a general level, and also on an individual level relative to each person's ability to protect themselves..

someone is in the process of threatening and acting against your family? - shoot them - no problem

someone makes the threat and you have strong reason to think they'll followup on it - seek them out and confirm your suspicions - no problem. Kill them, all their friends, torture their family - problem. Notify the cops and let them deal with it - no problem. Make yourself ready in the event they act on the threat - no problem

someone looks at you funny, looks unsavory and moves into the neighborhood - take them out 'just in case' - vigilante

someone attacked you 10 years ago and just got out of jail and they don't have anything to do with you - seek them out and kill them - vigilante (is this really your "statue" of limitations argument????)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I musta missed a post, I was responding about the guy who's family got tied up and he chased the perp to the street and beat the living shit out of him.

This will teach me to post before my first cup of coffee :$

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Still it shows that the system worked.

Barely. And only because a jury of citizens had enough common sense to do the right thing.

However, the government failed to show that same common sense. The police should not have charged the homeowner with a crime in the first place. The prosecutor should not have pursued a case against him. And the court system should not have let the attackers off so easy.

So the government failed on three counts.
And the citizens succeeded on one count.

Well John thats the failsafe, thats how the system works.:)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Odd - isn't that EXACTLY what you demanded the bus stop poster do?

Not even close.

Dang, dude. Caught with your pants down.

Pull up your pants and take your foot out of your mouth.
You were busted!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

someone is in the process of threatening and acting against your family? - shoot them - no problem

Not in this country.
You gonna have a problem and there will be only three options:
1) Arrested, indicted, convicted and jailed.
2) Arrested, indicted, found innocent and released
3) Not arrested.

You choose the most likely for us in this country, please.

I hope you have the money lose to avoid the first or pursue the second. Many don't.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

In my home? Someone threatening my family? A credible threat? Shots will be fired.

I will do my best to protect my family. If I succeed and spend the rest of my life in jail, so be it. If I succeed and am no-billed (arrest and grand jury will be required in my state) I will be glad that I defended my family, yet certain that ending a life will follow me the rest of my days.

So in my state, option 3 isn't an option. Arrest is certain.
--
Rob