quade

U.S. Supreme Court blocks video coverage of Prop. 8 trial

sorry ..i kinda got off topic and went soap box..to the question should cameras be allowed?.. I think the equal treatment not special treatment really fits here...any other case on that spectrum is not publicized via the media in an effort to protect. I, as I know many of you, want to know, but special rights does not fit on this occasion.
If there was a stance on media being allowed in all judicial proceedings..maybe, but since that is not how our judicial system is set up today..maybe this is not the right battle to fight in order to eventually win the war.
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

As a side note, there has been a recent spread of a new bizarre infection going around, easily diagnosed by a hickey on one's neck. You should check yours just to be safe. I care ;)

I think you're extremely lucky it's me you keep writing this garbage to.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The difference being is that in this case it isn't the innocent victims that are being shielded from the media, but rather the people trying to take the rights of innocent people away. So, now, like the cowards they are, they are shielded from the eyes of their innocent victims in much the same way as members of the KKK hide behind their hoods.

Um, Paul. Their names are on all records and pleadings. The attorneys work addresses can all be pulled up and accessed. it's the thing about court - they can't hide.

Of course your tone suggests that the attorneys are owed violence or other forms of harassment. This could provide yet another good reason for no cameras. It seems you would like to see their speech chilled.

[Reply]I dunno, but I think when a person wants to take another person's rights away they should be forced into the sunlight to do it.

Of course they are. It seems that you would prefer there to be a public spectacle made of it.

I prefer to separate courts of law from courts of public opinion. I'd suggest coverage and interviews, etc. outside of court. There are plenty of places for it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

There is in federal court. No cameras.

that's not exactly true, The 2nd (?) circuit allows them in civil trials and the 9th recently passed an inititative to allow them as an experiment to
"is designed to help us find the right balance between the public’s right to access to the courts and the parties’ right to a fair and dignified proceeding"

source

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/19/us/19cameras.html
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I'm waiting to see the conservative outrage over the opaqueness of this.

It's kinda strange, as the only SC orders I can find are related to real-time streaming, and none mentioned YouTube. Let's wait for Wed though.

Also in my opinion those lawyers who requested the block on behalf of their clients made more harm than good, as now much more people would be paying attention to the trial trying to understand what exactly this Jesus fan club tried to hide.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

So, now, like the cowards they are, they are shielded from the eyes of their innocent victims in much the same way as members of the KKK hide behind their hoods.

These aren't "people with differing opinions" they really are cowards that export their hate across state lines to promote their religious views. They're complete assholes.

I think you're extremely lucky it's me you keep writing this garbage to.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And he says I'm writing garbage! :D:D[chokes]:D:D:D[falls out of chair]:D:D:D[loses bladder control]:D:D:D
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

And he says I'm writing garbage! :D:D[chokes]:D:D:D[falls out of chair]:D:D:D[loses bladder control]:D:D:D

Yes. You are writing garbage and are fortunate you're doing it about me. I cut people slack for personal attacks against me (I figure it comes with the gig), but pull that crap on other people and you'll be gone in an instant.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes. You are writing garbage and are fortunate you're doing it about me. I cut people slack for personal attacks against me (I figure it comes with the gig), but pull that crap on other people and you'll be gone in an instant.

Either that or you've become numb to it from the DB Cooper thread:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo