Darius11

Are you an American or a republican? That is the question.

> but I'm damn sure I don't suffer from a mental disorder which is associated with Liberalism.

Careful! You have admitted in another thread that you are starting to share liberal values. Sounds like you might indeed 'suffer' a bit from its effects.

I'm so confused, I plan on seeing a doctor to get help before it's to late.

We can debate "how" to not fail, but we should never, ever, cheer when we do.

You also have to debate what exactly the goal is (i.e. what it means to "fail").

And some people aren't going to agree with the goal that is set by those in power. Are they then "anti-American" if they cheer the failure of those goals (which they never shared to begin with)? Is it mandatory for them to fall in line and work to achieve the "national goals" even though they don't share them?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

He won largely for the same reason Carter won; the US was tired of corrupt Republican policies.

What??
You do realize that Americans do not have any say in who wins?? How the hell could you possibly think that American Sentiment on who is or was in office has any bearing at all on who wins the Nobel Prize??

Carter deserved the Award. As a die hard conservative that firmly believes that Carter possibly was the worst president domestically in history.. I can also clearly see why he was awarded the Nobel prize and applaud that award. He did earn that award.

BO has done NOTHING to deserve this award. It makes a mockery of a great honor by giving to someone that has done nothing to deserve it. That is NOT hate speak, That is not Political.. It is simply wrong when there were other people on the nomination list that had accomplishments worthy of the Award.

Political parties are more concerned with themselves and not the state of the country. it used to be that a president's second term was where he would get things done because he didn't have to worry about re-election. Now, the first term is where the president establishes reputation and gets re-elected, and the second term is where the president worries about the party.

somewhere in there the country lost
--
Rob

That is not Political.. It is simply wrong

you do realize that when a person is 100% partisan and everything in their perspective is 100% political - then they can't comprehend that there are individuals in the world that take things one at a time and base it on individual actions and achievements that have zero to do with party positions, power jockeying, and politics.

as such - no point in arguing with them - no point in making fun of politics either. The first is pointless, the second messes up their hair but has no other effect.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I just don’t get the reaction to the Olympics and the Nobel peace prize. We have people cheering when our team fails, and angry when our team wins a prize. I mean how obvious does it have to get? I am not saying he deserved to get the Nobel peace prize but we did win right? Unless you are more loyal to your party then your country it is a cause for celebrating.

So the question is do you support America, or your party? Who comes first in your book?

I'm not angry he received the award. Nor am I excited about it. It seems silly to give Obama an award that took Jimmy Carter, Mother Theresa, the Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, and Martin Luther King Jr. a lifetime of achievements to attain, whereas, Obama has done nothing in comparison.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

What??
You do realize that Americans do not have any say in who wins?? How the hell could you possibly think that American Sentiment on who is or was in office has any bearing at all on who wins the Nobel Prize??

I don't, I was responding to captain1976's remark about Obama being elected president.

How the hell can Obama be even slightly qualified to get that prize. Because he is black and won the presidency? He only won because anyone with an IQ smaller than an ashtray would never have voted for someone with his qualifications. And there are a lot of dummies in this Country. Anyone with a brain is his head would have researched his background and found he had no more qualifications to become president than Bullwinkle.

Not saying his opponent would have been great, but at least he had some qualifications.

Carter deserved the Award. As a die hard conservative that firmly believes that Carter possibly was the worst president domestically in history.. I can also clearly see why he was awarded the Nobel prize and applaud that award. He did earn that award.

Nobel prize issue: Agree

Carter worst president: Hoover, GWB, racist pigs like Pierce and Buchannon? Come on, Carter wasn't presidential, but he wasn't the worst by a mile.

BO has done NOTHING to deserve this award.

I would say he hasn't done enough, but not nothing, and he acknowledges that. I think this is the world's way of saying, 'thx for the effort, keep it up.'

It makes a mockery of a great honor by giving to someone that has done nothing to deserve it. That is NOT hate speak, That is not Political.. It is simply wrong when there were other people on the nomination list that had accomplishments worthy of the Award.

I'm sure you'll get over your rage in time. I'm sure you also follow the Nobel like you and I both follow football, the world series, etc.

Political parties are more concerned with themselves and not the state of the country. it used to be that a president's second term was where he would get things done because he didn't have to worry about re-election. Now, the first term is where the president establishes reputation and gets re-elected, and the second term is where the president worries about the party.

somewhere in there the country lost

And with recent Repubs, they are concerned for their cronies with taxes. Tell me how Obama is being self-serving by wantint to raise taxes on teh rich (himself) and by getting HC to all, considering he has never wanted for HC.

Happy to report that I'm healthy and do not have that disease called Liberalism.

So I take it that you hate the 40 hour work week, paid overtime, civil rights, the ability to join a union, paid holidays, and all that other offensive liberal crap that has taken over?

If you slam "Liberals", you are slamming that which has been of great benefit to you and yours.

If you listen to the drug addled gasbag, you hate liberals, because you are REALLY stupid and easily led. That would be the same as being Republican. Thanks for hating the best the USA has to offer.

Allow me to point out the obvious - NOT A SINGLE POSTIVE CHANGE has ever come about due to conservative philosopy. Lots of postive change has been blocked or delayed by the moron bastard shitheads who call themselves "conservative".

NO POSTITIVE CHANGE HAS EVER HAPPENED DUE TO CONSERVATIVE PHILOSOPHY.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Crawl back under your rocks and stay the fuck out of the way.

That is not Political.. It is simply wrong

you do realize that when a person is 100% partisan and everything in their perspective is 100% political - then they can't comprehend that there are individuals in the world that take things one at a time and base it on individual actions and achievements that have zero to do with party positions, power jockeying, and politics.

as such - no point in arguing with them - no point in making fun of politics either. The first is pointless, the second messes up their hair but has no other effect.

And you are as wrong as the guy you replied to. I was replying to captain 1976 who did bring in how the presidential election of Obama was stupid, so my response was correct, Thanatos340 misunderstood what I was replying to and you jumped on the bandwagon.

Happy to report that I'm healthy and do not have that disease called Liberalism.

So I take it that you hate the 40 hour work week, paid overtime, civil rights, the ability to join a union, paid holidays, and all that other offensive liberal crap that has taken over?

If you slam "Liberals", you are slamming that which has been of great benefit to you and yours.

If you listen to the drug addled gasbag, you hate liberals, because you are REALLY stupid and easily led. That would be the same as being Republican. Thanks for hating the best the USA has to offer.

Allow me to point out the obvious - NOT A SINGLE POSTIVE CHANGE has ever come about due to conservative philosopy. Lots of postive change has been blocked or delayed by the moron bastard shitheads who call themselves "conservative".

NO POSTITIVE CHANGE HAS EVER HAPPENED DUE TO CONSERVATIVE PHILOSOPHY.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Crawl back under your rocks and stay the fuck out of the way.

They love all those things, they attribute them to the right somehow.

you jumped on the bandwagon.

1 - it's not a bandwagon - it's a horsecart
2 - I didn't jump on it, I drive it - and mix and serve the tequila based drinks

try to keep up

Do you buy twice as many pairs of socks when you shop? just so you can throw away the right sock from each pair?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How the hell can Obama be even slightly qualified to get that prize. Because he is black and won the presidency? He only won because anyone with an IQ smaller than an ashtray would never have voted for someone with his qualifications. And there are a lot of dummies in this Country. Anyone with a brain is his head would have researched his background and found he had no more qualifications to become president than Bullwinkle.

Not saying his opponent would have been great, but at least he had some qualifications.

I have lost all respect for the Nobel Prize.

Blithering ignorance regarding current events in no excuse for spewing bullshit. Read up on current events before posting outright lies.

Iran has been caught with an un-authorized processing plant. A US led group of countries met with Iran and forced them to agree to on site inspection. FAR BETTER results than anything that ShrubCo accomplished. Actual progress on a key de-stabilizing issue in the Middle East, with more to come.

The Nobel Committee is composed of intelligent, educated people who have traveled the world. Not a pack of ignorant dumbasses who speak only one language. Those folks made a great pick, unless you are a right wing America hater, aka, Republican.

you jumped on the bandwagon.

1 - it's not a bandwagon - it's a horsecart
2 - I didn't jump on it, I drive it - and mix and serve the tequila based drinks

try to keep up

Do you buy twice as many pairs of socks when you shop? just so you can throw away the right sock from each pair?

Well then you must have gotten drunk and fell off it then. My response wasn't partisan, I was responding to someone else who wrote the following:

As for partisan, I think Eisenhower and GHWB were great presidents and really the only war heroes we've had for some time. Reagan = coward, GWB = coward, Clinton = draft dodger. Hard to be partisan when I think a pres as recent as 16 years ago from the other party was great.

I'm proud to be American. I'm also registered as an independent (for a very long time now). Both the Republican and Democratic party have failed our country.

Could you be a little more broad? How have teh Dems failed the country?

How about this?

Last week a democratic-majority senate voted to fund a miltary program that the white house and pentagon tried to cancel to save tax dollars and don't even want.

Politicians are politicians, I'd put down the pom-poms if I were you.

I'm sure you'll get over your rage in time.

I think you grossly overestimate my"Giveafuck" on this. Rage?? No, more like bewildered amusement.

I do not hate B.O., He is my President. I do disagree with many of his Ideas (Not all, BTW). I respect many of his accomplishments. I truly want to see him succeed as president as long as that does not mean undermining the Core American Principals such individual freedom, self-reliance, equality of opportunity, hard work, material wealth, and competition.

I do love that the "effort" is what is being rewarded and not actual accomplishments. I personally find it completely fucking Hilarius.

I'm proud to be American. I'm also registered as an independent (for a very long time now). Both the Republican and Democratic party have failed our country.

Could you be a little more broad? How have teh Dems failed the country?

How about this?

Last week a democratic-majority senate voted to fund a miltary program that the white house and pentagon tried to cancel to save tax dollars and don't even want.

Politicians are politicians, I'd put down the pom-poms if I were you.

OK, so due to the fact that 10 C-17's are going to come out of the already-existing military budget, this fully illustrates how the Dems have failed the country?????

Remember, per your own link: But a bipartisan group of senators, in a 64-34 vote, thwarted the effort to strike $2.5-billion for 10 additional C-17s from the annual defense spending bill.

So this was bipartisan and comes from the already-established bill, it isn't from extra funding. 2.5B from 600B is nothing,but most importantly, it was bipartisan and Obama was against it as was McCain. This is a microcosm of an issue and you have not tied to it Obama or the Dems.

Is that the best you can do?

I'm sure you'll get over your rage in time.

I think you grossly overestimate my"Giveafuck" on this. Rage?? No, more like bewildered amusement.

I do not hate B.O., He is my President. I do disagree with many of his Ideas (Not all, BTW). I respect many of his accomplishments. I truly want to see him succeed as president as long as that does not mean undermining the Core American Principals such individual freedom, self-reliance, equality of opportunity, hard work, material wealth, and competition.

I do love that the "effort" is what is being rewarded and not actual accomplishments. I personally find it completely fucking Hilarius.

It's very unusual to be awarded the Nobel for things to come. Perhaps GWB and GOP shouls share in his reward, as it was the contrast that made Obama look as good as he does.

"you hate the 40 hour work week, paid overtime, civil rights, the ability to join a union, paid holidays, and all that other offensive liberal crap that has taken over"

Yyyyyyyyyyyup! When our dishwashers, bussers, and touch up painters all get paid more than the majority of management, things have gone too far. But I digress...

Obama for president of the world!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>I'm so confused, I plan on seeing a doctor to get help before it's to late.

What you're "suffering" from is a realization that neither party has a lock on sanity (or foolishness.) Some of your values are conservative, some are liberal.

This is not something to be cured, but rather encouraged. We have enough idiots in this country who can see only in black and white. We need more people who can see shades of gray, and will not reject a great idea simply because it's a "liberal" or "conservative" idea.

"you hate the 40 hour work week, paid overtime, civil rights, the ability to join a union, paid holidays, and all that other offensive liberal crap that has taken over"

Yyyyyyyyyyyup! When our dishwashers, bussers, and touch up painters all get paid more than the majority of management, things have gone too far. But I digress...

Obama for president of the world!

Please show me where to get a low-end job that pays 80k.

>Please show me where to get a low-end job that pays 80k.

Haven't you heard? Immigrant laborers get that much. Well, they get $5K a year in salary, then Obama sends them checks for the remaining $75K. We could pay off the debt if we just got rid of all the illegals and/or Obama! I heard it on Glenn Beck so it must be correct.

>Please show me where to get a low-end job that pays 80k.

Haven't you heard? Immigrant laborers get that much. Well, they get $5K a year in salary, then Obama sends them checks for the remaining $75K. We could pay off the debt if we just got rid of all the illegals and/or Obama! I heard it on Glenn Beck so it must be correct.

LOL.

Hmmmm, if I could just find a way to pass as an illegal immigrant......

side note: not all career fields have 40hour work weeks. salaried employees or sub-contractors don't get paid overtime. not all occupations have the ability to unionize. People still get hurt and to to the ER or have babies on holidays....

Not that those aren't "good ideas" - and there have been good ideas from BOTH sides.

So to discuss that let me bring up some of my stepfathers, John L. Merkt submitted bills (NOT saying that I agree with his bills; prior to his death, he and I would civilly discuss those issues)

- Seatbelt laws and motorcycle Helmet use in Wisconsin
- Increased the drinking age in Wisconsin
- Len Bias Law

Yes, you could argue that those were passed with bi-partisian efforts - but those were HIS "babies" that he pushed. And he was a Republican.