chuckakers

A Historical Perspective on Obama - OUCH!

So in other words you don't really care if it's true or substantive, as long as it pisses someone off?

Wendy P.

Not at all. But it is a nice little extra.

I love when the opposition starts a reply with "so in other words (insert gross exaggeration of the truth here)".

That strategy is getting old.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

So in other words you don't really care if it's true or substantive, as long as it pisses someone off?

Wendy P.

I love when the opposition starts a reply with "so in other words (insert gross exaggeration of the truth here)".

You were caught posting a lie. Your wriggling and squirming is not helping you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In another thread, a couple of days ago, I asked you a serious question, about whether you had any realistic, workable suggestion about how to reduce illegal immigration. You never bothered to respond. It's not the first time I asked you an honest question and you disappeared.

However you did apparently find time to dig up this little shit-bomb, which you evidently knew was a lie from the start, so you could get a reaction from the "liberals".

From this I conclude that you have no real ideas about anything of substance, just an abiding need to nurse your pathological hatred of all things "liberal". Kind of pathetic really.

Don

Again.(This happens way to much in these forums.) There are no similarities between what obama is doing and what hitler did. Exactly like there where no similarities between bush and hitler. There is no need to refute the words when they bear no resembelance to reality.

well, both Hitler and Obama created or greatly enlarged volunteer service corps. These volunteers are (and were) trained by the government agency they work with how to interact with others to represent their organization (one could say indoctrinated, but that word has negative connotations).

So there is at least one similarity between the actions of the two men.
--
Rob

In another thread, a couple of days ago, I asked you a serious question, about whether you had any realistic, workable suggestion about how to reduce illegal immigration.

Just to support thread drift...

That's an interesting question. I think the answer depends on the ultimate goal. If the goal is to secure the border from possible terrorist crossings, then the answer is a wall with sensors, jeeps and choppers on patrol with tons of video.

If the answer is "there's too many brown people" then the answer is make sure it's fucking illegal to hire them and enforce the hell out of it. Fewer jobs == less opportunity == less immigration.

I think the latter is the wrong reason, and the former is an unrealistic solution. But I don't know any other.
--
Rob

both Hitler and Obama created or greatly enlarged volunteer service corps.

What about the fact that Obama and Hitler share 99.9% of DNA, so they must be like, identical twins or something? Certainly, they must have the same political views because of that.

Of course, humans share only 96% of their DNA with chimpanzees, so there's no way that we could be evolutionary cousins. Apes are gross.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Wendy P.

You were caught posting a lie. Your wriggling and squirming is not helping you.

Sorry, no wriggling or squirming goin on here. I owned up. More than the libs would ever do.:ph34r::ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

In another thread, a couple of days ago, I asked you a serious question, about whether you had any realistic, workable suggestion about how to reduce illegal immigration. You never bothered to respond. It's not the first time I asked you an honest question and you disappeared.

However you did apparently find time to dig up this little shit-bomb, which you evidently knew was a lie from the start, so you could get a reaction from the "liberals".

From this I conclude that you have no real ideas about anything of substance, just an abiding need to nurse your pathological hatred of all things "liberal". Kind of pathetic really.

Don

Gee Don - you sure know a lot about me. Just to set you straught....

I have no hatred of liberals. I don't hate anyone. In fact, I have unconditional love for everyone and everything (darned Christianity gettin' in your way). I just think libs are short-sighted followers of dangerous people.

I didn't see your post asking me that "serious question", and I don't dissappear from anyone. But since you asked, I would reduce illegal immigration by shutting down the borders and enforcing immigration laws. If you are here illegally, you need to go - period. Could we get rid of all illegals? Of course not. Should we try? Yes. Many countries strictly enforce immigration law - oddly enough including Mexico. Go figure.

And as for the shit-bomb you speak of, I didn't know whether it was real or not when I posted it. I didn't really care. I posted it to hear what people had to say about the content of that letter without respect to who wrote it or who it was attributed to.

And talk about people not having anything of substyance to say, have you not noticed how the libs on here spend more time trying to beat up conservative posters rather than just having an honest discussion about the issue?

Probably not.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Should your complete lack of credibility bleed over into the skydiving forums? You reap what you sow.

Yes I do. Maybe that's why I have a beautiful life.;) A blessed one too.:)

By the way, Van Jones is a communist. How's that credibility workin' out for ya.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

both Hitler and Obama created or greatly enlarged volunteer service corps.

What about the fact that Obama and Hitler share 99.9% of DNA, so they must be like, identical twins or something? Certainly, they must have the same political views because of that.

Of course, humans share only 96% of their DNA with chimpanzees, so there's no way that we could be evolutionary cousins. Apes are gross.

And they say I have no credibility.:ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

well, both Hitler and Obama created or greatly enlarged volunteer service corps. These volunteers are (and were) trained by the government agency they work with how to interact with others to represent their organization (one could say indoctrinated, but that word has negative connotations).

Warning! Warning! We have a Glenn Beck viewer in the forum..

How can you argue with facts?

:D:D:D:D

Indeed, and you should check yours before posting a lie.

The post itself was NOT a lie. It simply states the facts. Who cares who wrote it?
It amazes me how the pot calls the kettle black. :S
Day after day we catch Obama or one of his cohorts telling another lie or truly distorting the facts.
Pull your head out of your ass.

To which volunteer organizations are you referring?

Other individuals who “created or greatly enlarged volunteer service corps” include President Franklin Roosevelt (USO), President GW Bush (USA Freedom Corps, see EO 13254, and Citizen Corps under FEMA), President Kennedy (Peace Corps), Lord Baden Powell … who was also a Lieutenant General in the British Army and fought in the Boer Wars (Boy Scouts), and Juliette Gordon Lowe (Girl Scouts). Correlation does not equal causation.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

As a serious student of history, I thought I would never come to experience what the ordinary, moral German must have felt in the mid-1930s In those times, the "savior" was a former smooth-talking rabble-rouser from the streets, about whom the average German knew next to nothing. What they should have known was that he was associated with groups that shouted, shoved, and pushed around people with whom they disagreed; he edged his way onto the political stage through great oratory. Conservative "losers" read it right now.

I hereby invoke godwin's law.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Gee Don - you sure know a lot about me.

Nope, don't know a thing about real-world Chuck, just what online-Chuck chooses to show of himself. And that seems to be someone who isn't much concerned about facts. Your own words: "I didn't know whether it was real or not when I posted it. I didn't really care." Not much hope for an intelligent discussion when that's the attitude, which is too bad as I'd like to hear some actual debate from more of the conservative side. Lawrocket (and a couple of others on certain topics) shouldn't have to carry the whole load.

Since you did now respond to my earlier question, I'll reply in turn and let's see if we can have a civil discussion, shall we?

I would reduce illegal immigration by shutting down the borders and enforcing immigration laws.

I agree we should be enforcing existing immigration laws. See. that wasn't hard, and we already agree on a major point.

When it comes to "shutting down the borders", I am going to assume you mean preventing people from being able to sneak in illegally (as opposed to literally closing the borders to all types of legal crossing including tourism and legal by-the-book immigration). So you are probably talking about a border wall, and having enough border patrol agents to efficiently police the borders, am I correct? If so, I would agree that the border patrol is understaffed for the job they have to do. Again with the agreement thing! But, especially regarding a border fence, I have some questions. Firstly, if you were to build an effective fence that could really keep people from crossing, what's to keep people from going around the fence? So, even if you fenced the whole Mexican border (as that is the main route of illegal immigration), wouldn't people just take boats and land on the shore, or go to Canada and sneak in from that side? So, aren't you really talking about a fence along the entirety of both the Mexican and Canadian borders, plus every foot of both coasts from Mexico to Canada? And, to be 100% effective, that fence would have to be so high you couldn't get over it, so low (deep) you couldn't get under it, (no tunneling), and so on like the old spiritual song. How much would that fence cost? Trillions surely. Even with the limited fences being built now along the southern border, the government is having to confiscate American citizen's land to put the fence on (you can't put it in the middle of the Rio Grande, and you can't put it on the Mexican side, so you have to take land from Americans to do it). Imagine doing that up and down both coasts, and the whole Canadian border. Plus, I don't know about you but my idea of America is offended by the idea of being confronted by a 12-foot high solid steel fence instead of beaches on the coast or beautiful mountains in Gacier National Park (which is shared with Canada, it's Waterton Lakes National Park on the Canadian side). So my point is, except in some limited areas a border fence is unworkable because of expense, the need to confiscate excessive amounts of land from US citizens, and so on. Do you disagree? Is there a possible alternative to a fence, which would be equally or more effective but at less cost (not only in $$ but in those other things too)?

I think people come here illegally because this is where the jobs are. If it was impossible to get work here, or government benefits of any kind, unless you had legal status (US citizen, or on an immigrant visa that allowed you to work such as a green card), people would have no incentive to come here illegally, and the ones who were here already would leave of their own choice with no need for the government to round them up and deport them. Does this make sense to you?

How could that be achieved? It turns out we would only have to enforce already existing laws, no new laws would be required. In order to get a job, you have to have a valid social security number. An accurate, rapid, easy to use system for verifying social security numbers was supposed to be in place years ago, but it was never funded properly and the system that was set up is full of mistakes, so employers don't use it. These days, for a few million $$ it should be possible to set up an accurate database that could be accessed online or by toll-free phone, so any employer looking to hire someone could check their social security number in minutes, and at least find out if the number is real and is associated with the same name as the applicant is using. Existing payrolls could also be checked, to get rid of employees who are using false social security numbers, and that would get rid of lots of illegals. Businesses that neglected to check employees would be fined, and businesses that knowingly or negligently hired illegals would be fined more severely, to remove any potential profit motive to continue to use illegals. Businesses that made the effort to check, and nevertheless were fooled by people using a real social security number and the correct name (which would be identity theft),would not be subject to prosecution. Of course this might not catch all the people hanging around in front of Home Depot hoping to get some day labor job, but these people could be subject to spot checks, and anyway that job pool is too small to draw large numbers of illegals to this country.

All that would be required for this to work would be 1) an accurate (including up to date, no dead people please) and easy to use database of social security information, and 2) government agents (they could be put under the Border Patrol, even), whose job would be to check businesses to make sure they were verifying social security numbers. In principle there would not even be any new burden on business, as they are supposed to check social security numbers as it is, although many do not bother.

Do you think that could work? Do you agree it would be simpler and much less expensive than an all-encircling border fence? At any rate, that would be my "liberal" suggestion.

I'm looking forward to your thoughtful response. ;) And an open invitation to any and all, should that plan work or have I overlooked something significant?

Don

the problem is not the laws but the countless number of ways to delay or stop any law enforcement agency from enforcing the laws. The bleeding hearts and lawyers have got the entire system so full of loop hloes and red tape that they cannot function. they reform needs to start by getting lawyers out of the mix. boy doesn't that sound familiar, that would probably help fix a large percentage of the health care system.

I was referring to the increase in the size of americorps, and hitler's brownshirts.

Note that I don't think Obama is hitler. or anywhere near. but my reply was to someone who said that nothing they did was similar. (though both hitler and obama asked citizens to report when people they know are passing around information they believe not to be true)

I agree that correlation does not equal causation, I was just cherry picking an example to disprove a broad generalization. (I was being an asshole. I'm good at that)
--
Rob

Warning! Warning! We have a Glenn Beck viewer in the forum..

negative. never seen the man's show.

just paid attention in high school history.
--
Rob

BTW if you want people to read wht you typed, don't use a block of text, use spacing.

UVGYIFGY(F&(TAF&TFA(&TDF&TDFAZ*R%RSA*GIGSOIUGSOU*YGS)*
YGIYSGOIUYSGUSYFGUYFSUYSFYUSFYSCFYTCFSTFSUTFSU(YTSF(UTF
&(TYSF(TYFSUTYSFUSFUTS;lnc'lnv[osNV[OAHV-9QEGHV-90QEHBIHV
[HV[OSVH[AVH[ASVHA[DBVHAPOVH[SVH[DSVHABV9HA-089HGV=09

Is not as readable as is
KLHJKBSA ojhPHPOH phpohpoh j[po[ohc[jc[0iq [ohddx0ac[0ac

OHpoh[ohc[oihj[asijc[opjc[j[u [ohc[ohac[0cju=0cju=0iu

ohx[ohX[jx]jucxaX-oacjuxi][opik]pojk]po -ozjcx[jac]ju]-oi

Get the idea?

Thanks for the "heads-up", Warped.

FYI, a paragraph should contain text relating to a single idea or topic.

Different topics or ideas should be dealt with in different paragraphs.

Complex ideas may take more than one sentence to convey.

Problems of immigration, or health care, or the economy are complex. Please note the above paragraph.

Best regards,
Don