chuckakers

Obama Revealed

Following is an e-mail I got from a friend. Hannity is having a special tomorrow night on President Obama and claims it will be very revealing.

Let's put politics aside on this one. The one thing no one can ignore is Mr. Obama's relationships, new and old. Some of the people he has made his closest friends and allies are - by anyone's standards - very radical. That - and that only - is the topic of this thread.

For all of you active Speakers Corner folks, I'd really like to read your thoughts on this one.

Watch live or record. This may be quite an eye opener for many.

Here's the details from the e-mail:

What: Documentary about Barack Obama

When: August 9, 2009 8:00 PM

Where:
Your Home or Gather with Friends
A Comfy Chair

Mark your calendar - Gather with Friends This Sunday

Because on Fox Sean Hannity, of Hannity & Colmes ~ Fox news, is going to air a very important documentary about Barack Obama, Sunday night at 8:00 PM central / 9 PM eastern. He stated on the air this evening that no one in the news media was willing to do this. Hannity is going back to Obama's earlier days, showing even then his ties to radical professors, friends, spiritual advisers, etc., he stated this evening that he will show in detail his ties to Rev. Wright for 20+ yrs. How he was participating with this man, and not for the reasons he states! He has uncovered more of Obama's radical leaders and we will see things that no one in the media is willing to put out there. This will be a night that you will learn more about Obama than ever before Hannity is very passionate about this program and asked that everyone please, please watch~~ Sunday night, 8 PM. CT
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

When Michael Moore did the same thing with GWB's "old pals" he was lambasted here for it.

You can take anyone and make them look like the greatest person in the world or a scum bag, ala "60 Minutes" style.

Pick a President from the past 50 years, you could make any of them look genius or terrifying.

The proof will be in the pudding after 4 years as POTUS. It's as simple as that...

Following is an e-mail I got from a friend. Hannity is having a special tomorrow night on President Obama and claims it will be very revealing.

Let's put politics aside on this one. The one thing no one can ignore is Mr. Obama's relationships, new and old. Some of the people he has made his closest friends and allies are - by anyone's standards - very radical. That - and that only - is the topic of this thread.

For all of you active Speakers Corner folks, I'd really like to read your thoughts on this one.

Watch live or record. This may be quite an eye opener for many.

Here's the details from the e-mail:

What: Documentary about Barack Obama

When: August 9, 2009 8:00 PM

Where:
Your Home or Gather with Friends
A Comfy Chair

Mark your calendar - Gather with Friends This Sunday

Because on Fox Sean Hannity, of Hannity & Colmes ~ Fox news, is going to air a very important documentary about Barack Obama, Sunday night at 8:00 PM central / 9 PM eastern. He stated on the air this evening that no one in the news media was willing to do this. Hannity is going back to Obama's earlier days, showing even then his ties to radical professors, friends, spiritual advisers, etc., he stated this evening that he will show in detail his ties to Rev. Wright for 20+ yrs. How he was participating with this man, and not for the reasons he states! He has uncovered more of Obama's radical leaders and we will see things that no one in the media is willing to put out there. This will be a night that you will learn more about Obama than ever before Hannity is very passionate about this program and asked that everyone please, please watch~~ Sunday night, 8 PM. CT

I see, the right wing are getting the word out to all their sheep.
Anyone who believes what hannity says needs their head examined.

When Michael Moore did the same thing with GWB's "old pals" he was lambasted here for it.

You can take anyone and make them look like the greatest person in the world or a scum bag, ala "60 Minutes" style.

Pick a President from the past 50 years, you could make any of them look genius or terrifying.

The proof will be in the pudding after 4 years as POTUS. It's as simple as that...

Uh, sorry - there's a bit of a difference. Michael Moore's stuff is filled with blatant lies, and those lies have been well documented. So far, the stuff I see coming out of Fox are very well researched.

Are you really willing to ignore Obama's clearly radical ties? This is your country, after all.

Germany didn't see it coming either.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Why? Because he does research and presents his findings????? Widen your view, dude.

I have listened to him on occasion and find him distasteful. He is very disrespectful/rude to guests that don't agree with his point of view. I don't get much out of watching 2 or 3 people all talking loudly over each other to make their point.
If you can't tell he has an agenda and that he fits his "findings" to match that then you need to open your eyes, dude.

Uh, sorry - there's a bit of a difference. Michael Moore's stuff is filled with blatant lies, and those lies have been well documented. So far, the stuff I see coming out of Fox are very well researched.

Emphasis mine.

This made me giggle.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm actually glad these fucking jerkoffs stupid assholes keep doing this. Guaranteeing four more years in 2012, baby! (Not referring to anyone on DZ.com, of course.)

Unfortunately, telling lies is more powerful that telling the truth.

If I wanted to make a fortune, I could easily set up shop as a right wing conservative religious zealot that did nothing but tell lies and pander to that base.

Telling the real truth . . . not quite as profitable.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Why? Because he does research and presents his findings????? Widen your view, dude.

I have listened to him on occasion and find him distasteful. He is very disrespectful/rude to guests that don't agree with his point of view. I don't get much out of watching 2 or 3 people all talking loudly over each other to make their point.
If you can't tell he has an agenda and that he fits his "findings" to match that then you need to open your eyes, dude.

I completely agree with the first part of your reply. Hannity is an absolute jerk. And of course he tries to exploit things that back up his views. Who in his business doesn't?

However, if you can't see Obama's real agenda through his cool, calm nature, YOU need open YOUR eyes. Look at the people he has spent years running with. Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, etc. And how about the people he has placed in his administration as Czars (which don't require the scrutiny of Congressional confirmation and can't be subpoenaed) like Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel (on record advocating medical prioritization by age and "value to society"), Van Jones (admitted communist radical), John Holdren (who advocated forced abortions, mass sterilization, and a "Planetary Regime").

The list is MUCH longer than that, but you get the idea. Say what you want about right wing commentators, but facts are facts. If you look at what Obama has said and done, who he as chosen to associate with for much of his adult life, and the views of those he has working for him, it's pretty tough to see him as he tries to present himself to the American people.

My opinions of the President don't come from the right or left. I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em.

Obama is trying to take the country as far left as he can as fast as he can, and that's a fact.

Oh yeah, he bows to Arab royalty too. Thanks B.O. - f*ckin' weasel.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Obama is trying to take the country as far left as he can as fast as he can, and that's a fact.

3 miles to the left would still be right of centre!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

That kind of simplistic, 1950s-era Red-baiting only frightens peope who would never vote for a Democrat in a million years in any event, so it's ..... irrelevant. It does not frighten, or even appeal to, the vast number of moderate Americans who made the difference in the 2008 election, and will make the difference in the 2012 election. In fact, it consciously puts them off, which is why I say to you: "Keep it up!" Wanna be a dinosaur? Works for me!

That's why FoxNews doesn't really piss me off: nobody who really makes a difference watches it.

That kind of simplistic, 1950s-era Red-baiting only frightens peope who would never vote for a Democrat in a million years in any event, so it's ..... irrelevant. It does not frighten, or even appeal to, the vast number of moderate Americans who made the difference in the 2008 election, and will make the difference in the 2012 election. In fact, it consciously puts them off, which is why I say to you: "Keep it up!" Wanna be a dinosaur? Works for me!

That's why FoxNews doesn't really piss me off: nobody who really makes a difference watches it.

If you don't believe Obama is trying to take the country left, you disagree with the majority of Americans. Hell, even the libs say he is. The only difference is they like it!

And I find it funny that there are countless liberal news sources, yet Fox News is kicking all their asses in the ratings.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Keep fighting the last election, Chuck. How'd that work out for you?

The last election was all about the Bush backlash. Well, that and McCain's Nixon-like appeal.:S

Ah, but the pendulum swings. Carter gave us Reagan. Obama will give us someone much further right than he is left.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I completely agree with the first part of your reply. Hannity is an absolute jerk. And of course he tries to exploit things that back up his views. Who in his business doesn't?

However, if you can't see Obama's real agenda through his cool, calm nature, YOU need open YOUR eyes. Look at the people he has spent years running with. Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, etc. And how about the people he has placed in his administration as Czars (which don't require the scrutiny of Congressional confirmation and can't be subpoenaed) like Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel (on record advocating medical prioritization by age and "value to society"), Van Jones (admitted communist radical), John Holdren (who advocated forced abortions, mass sterilization, and a "Planetary Regime").

The list is MUCH longer than that, but you get the idea. Say what you want about right wing commentators, but facts are facts. If you look at what Obama has said and done, who he as chosen to associate with for much of his adult life, and the views of those he has working for him, it's pretty tough to see him as he tries to present himself to the American people.

My opinions of the President don't come from the right or left. I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em.

I don't think it was a bow, but that is hardly important it is what you think that is important, you've already decided and condemned him.

I don't think that his "left wing associations" are a problem.
He met some of them while teaching, an occupational hazard that he would have no control over.
I alsi have seen nothing to suggest that he took part in activities that these so called left wing radicals are supposed to have committed. Being in the same room or on the same committee as someone does not mean he liked or supported them. Even listening to them does not mean that, you listen to Hannity even though you think he is rude to those who disagree with him, but that does not mean you are like him.

I don't think it was a bow, but that is hardly important it is what you think that is important, you've already decided and condemned him.

I don't think that his "left wing associations" are a problem.
He met some of them while teaching, an occupational hazard that he would have no control over.
I alsi have seen nothing to suggest that he took part in activities that these so called left wing radicals are supposed to have committed. Being in the same room or on the same committee as someone does not mean he liked or supported them. Even listening to them does not mean that, you listen to Hannity even though you think he is rude to those who disagree with him, but that does not mean you are like him.

If that was the case I would agree with you, but it's not. Obama called Rev. Wright his mentor and quoted him numerous times in his autobiography. He didn't just sit in his church - he was inspired by the hate speech from the man- and said so.

He didn't just sit on a board with Ayers. His political career was hatched in Ayers home. They were/are friends. I don't know about you, but I don't think it's a stretch to say I don't want my president to even associate with a man that ran a terrorist organization, let alone work with him on various "projects".

I also am very suspect of his choices for some of his Czars. The men I referred to in the above post were hand picked by Obama. Read about them and their backgrounds. Read the words THEY WROTE. It is disturbing.

So these guys just happen to work in the same White House as Obama? No. They were chosen by Obama and they serve at his pleasure.

Presidents (or any leader for that matter) don't choose people to work for them that have radically opposing views. They choose people that they can trust to carry out the leaders vision. And that's why they are there.

Read what Holdren, Jones, and Emanuel have written. Read what their ideas really are. Or just keep your head in the sand. It is, after all, your head.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX