millertime24

I really love the military.

At most military installations even with a Concealed carry license you can't carry walking around to use say the PX/BX since it's Federal Property. However you can carry concealed if you are transiting through the installation.
And yes you still have to have your weapons in the armory if you live on post. Somethings haven't changed. :|

v/r
Paul
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you!"

And yes you still have to have your weapons in the armory if you live on post.

Thats not true of all bases. When I was stationed at Elmendorf My friends were allowed to have them in base housing provided they were in a locked case. Can't AFAIK keep them in the dorms though.
Muff #5048

I should have stated Army B| Installations require you to keep your weapons in the arms room B| as follows: Military personnel residing in troop billets that own or possess will store the item(s) in a unit arms room. Military personnel and their family members residing in family quarters, BOQ, and BEQs who own or possess any weapons will store the item(s) in their residence. Firearms in on-post quarters will be kept unloaded and in a place separate from ammunition. Under double lock when quarters are unattended. For most purposes one lock may be the quarter’s entrance and the second lock may be a locked container, trigger lock, or lock cable, chain, or rod through the firearm's guard or barrel, or stored in a locked room, closet, or cabinet. Out of the reach of children under age 18.:)
AF, Not sure you all have rules.....;) kidding.....:D

v/r
Paul
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you!"

You can't carry on base, but if you live off base like I do you can keep them at your residence. $20 bucks for a CCW class plus the permit itself isn't a bad deal at all. Cost is $60 in town.

Don't get me wrong millertime24, I served four years as a reluctant guest of Uncle Sugar and to you I say "thank you for your service". However, being overjoyed at saving $40.00 on a concealed carry permit as a fair trade for the sacrifice of your time/lifestyle the military demands really puzzles me.:) I'd gladly pay twice the $60.00 to not be there.;)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

You can't carry on base, but if you live off base like I do you can keep them at your residence. $20 bucks for a CCW class plus the permit itself isn't a bad deal at all. Cost is $60 in town.

Don't get me wrong millertime24, I served four years as a reluctant guest of Uncle Sugar and to you I say "thank you for your service". However, being overjoyed at saving $40.00 on a concealed carry permit as a fair trade for the sacrifice of your time/lifestyle the military demands really puzzles me.:) I'd gladly pay twice the $60.00 to not be there.;)

I think he's happy that he's getting a break, period....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh don't get me wrong here. I like military life for a variety of different reasons. I just think of this as a perk. The way I see things though is that the benefits of military life far outweigh the sacrifices. Think about it. When you wake up in the morning you dont really have to think about what you're going to wear to work (plus you are given new uniforms every year). I get paid an extra $868 bucks per month on top of my paycheck for lodging (which I only actually use about $645 of so I pocket the rest). I get paid an extra $323 for food. I can go to school for free. I can still vote. I get 30 PAID vacation days per year. I get time out of the duty day to work out (thats right their PAYING me to be healthy). I get retirement pay after only 20 years of service (show me another company that does this). Plus it makes me proud of my country and the people in when Im simply told "thank you for your service". Lets look at the "sacrifices" for a moment. I sometimes have to work extended hours. I might get deployed, but even thats a plus depending on how you look at it (because they give you even more money for deployments as well as a host of new gear/uniforms/accessories). I can be called on at any time to do something that I may not agree with, but all of these things are really insignifigant once you factor in all the benefits.

Well, thats the way I see things, but I am one of those "glass half full" kind of people.
Muff #5048

Interesting...can you carry on base? When I was in we had a standing rule that all personal firearms must be kept in the base armory. Even for those who lived off base. Those of us who did live off base did not abide my that particular rule.

I guess that excludes you from the set of "law abiding gun owners" then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Interesting...can you carry on base? When I was in we had a standing rule that all personal firearms must be kept in the base armory. Even for those who lived off base. Those of us who did live off base did not abide my that particular rule.

If it were law rather than the base commanders rule than you'd have a point. Oh wait! Here's one for ya. I did in fact do my share of drinking before the age of 21. Even got arrested for it on base and was subsequently passed over for promotion.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

If it were law rather than the base commanders rule than you'd have a point. .

Isn't there something in the UCMJ about obeying orders?

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If it were law rather than the base commanders rule than you'd have a point. .

Isn't there something in the UCMJ about obeying orders?

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Still wrong - an order is not the equivalent of state or federal law.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Damn Millertime24, that sounds quite a bit more financially rewarding than when I was in, IIRC we even had to buy our uniforms after the original issue wore out.>:( Also, I did like that 30 day leave thing, did the free school thing, financed a house with a VA loan and 20 years later there was that moment where I had that fleeting thought of "what if". :D

As far as not being able to carry on base, even way back when I was in we had to store our personal weapons in the base armory and you needed a pretty good reason (hunting season, shooting competition, etc.) to be able to check it out.

Anyway, I'm just messin' with you about the price of the CCW and now that you have it, Sam should have to pay you even more because you got it.:ph34r:

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

If it were law rather than the base commanders rule than you'd have a point. Oh wait! Here's one for ya. I did in fact do my share of drinking before the age of 21. Even got arrested for it on base and was subsequently passed over for promotion.

When we got back after a deployment we got a beer truck and a BBQ made on a home made grill made from a missile container. 22 feet long!

Damn that BBQ was good.

Steaks, Pork and Chicken, the Colonel and his wife paid for all of it with their own money,

We got so drunk that the Capt. and the Col. slept in the barracks with the rest of the men.

The next day their wives came and picked them up.

Those two officers had huge admiration for them.