millertime24

I really love the military.

Look, if you weren't in the military, you really have no clue what you're talking about. While ignoring a base commander's rule might not be the best idea.....really the most that probably would happen if he'd been caught is an Article 15. And while these are no fun, it isn't the end of the world....nor will anything happen to his right to keep and bear arms.

edit to add: While this wasn't the rule on Ft. Sill....I'd have ignored the rule as well. There is no way in hell I'd put my guns in the Armory. Guess it was a good thing I joined the Army already a married man. :|

I was there at Ft. Sill and kept a PSG-1 in my room under lock and key at the behest of the armorer ( My roomie) who discovered that Officers had helped themselves to MY RIFLE and went to the range without EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.

They wanted to write me up for storing it in my room, I offered that they could, and I would have them Court Martialed for taking the private firearm of a lower enlisted out of the Arms Room and using in without my knowledge or consent.

They declined to make an issue out of it.

I also got $300 in compensation from them for the damage to my scope it was a Leupold. They dropped the rifle and it landed on the forward ocular bell and broke the lens.

Leupold charged me nothing for the repair, the two lieutenants wanted to be able to stay in the ARMY.;)

Had they asked, I may have gone to the range with them.

But what they did was in effect a theft and return of a rifle they nearly damaged for good.

This was all mediated the battalion commander.

I then removed it from my room and rented an apartment off base.

The second time in 2005, was on Camp Victory.....the base commander there, believe it or not, was "just" a Colonel.

I’m confused.
Camp Victory … or “Campus Victory” … is where Al Faw Palace is, which is MNF-I headquarters.
The CG in 2005 was LTG Vines, iirc.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying