RonD1120

Sunday 6/28 Message

June 28th.

APPREHENDED BY GOD

"If that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended.” Philippians iii. 12.
Never chose to be a worker; but when once God has put His call on you, woe be to you if you turn to the right hand or to the left. we are not here to work for God because we have chosen to do so, but because God has apprehended us. There is never any thought of—"Oh, well, I am not fitted for this.” What you are to preach is determined by God, not by your own natural inclinations. Keep you soul steadfastly related to God, and remember that you are called not to bear testimony only, but to preach the gospel. Every Christian must testify, but when it comes to the call to preach, there must be the agonizing grip of God's hand on you, your life is in the grip of God for that one thing. How many of us are held like that?
Never water down the word of God, preach it in its undiluted sternness; there must be unflinching loyalty to the word of God; but when you come to personal dealing with your fellow men, remember who you are—not a special being made up in heaven, but a sinner saved by grace.
"I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do..."

From My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Christian skydivers are not expected or required to be "preachy" on the DZ. However, when the situation arises we are required to offer Scriptural truth and to present to good news of salvation, commonly referred to as "the gospel." The burden is then on the receiver not the speaker. Allow the Holy Spirit to provide your boldness at the opportune time.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Let's tone down the attacks, please.

that is not an attack bill, it is the truth.

since when is pointing out the truth to those that worship some ficticious being under the influence of the illuminati, an attack?

It isn't.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Given the possibility that "reality" has often failed our expectations in the past, we have reason to suspect that the "reality" you speak of isn't actual.

This is for the same reason that we can deny the existence of the Christian god. There is reason to suspect that this god does not exist. However, we equally as much cannot say that god does not exist.

Is this sufficient to say that God does in fact exist? No.

Is this sufficient to say that God does not in fact exist?
No.

Is this sufficient to say that God punishes those who don't follow him? No.

Is this sufficient to say that God cares about the outcome of our actions? No

Is this sufficient to say that God's interest is aligned with our interest at all? No.

No,it's not his supposition,it's the truth. On one hand we have commonsense,reality,reason,logic,science, EVIDENCE and plain old probability.....

On the other hand we have mumbo jumbo and threats of suffering if we don't follow the teachings of a sick vengeful sadistic make believe friend.

Ifanyone preached to me at the dzthey would get told to bugger off back to church. I go to the dzto enjoy reality,not have bullshit shoved down my throat...***

>that is not an attack bill, it is the truth.

Talking about religion is fine. Telling someone they are out of touch with reality is not.

His profile lists his interest as 'living in a seperate reality'. His sigline is 'have you considered eternity?' 'Tis but a small step to put those two together.

BTW Bill, wasn't there also a rule about SC worthy siglines not being allowed if the person posted outside of SC?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>that is not an attack bill, it is the truth.

Talking about religion is fine. Telling someone they are out of touch with reality is not.

His profile lists his interest as 'living in a seperate reality'. His sigline is 'have you considered eternity?' 'Tis but a small step to put those two together.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was in a humorous mood when I created my profile.

BTW Bill, wasn't there also a rule about SC worthy siglines not being allowed if the person posted outside of SC?

Please explain. Thanks.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I go to the dzto enjoy reality,not have bullshit shoved down my throat.

What is this thing you call "enjoyment"? After all, if you are just an internally-dead, organic automaton, how can you say your enjoyment is real?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

After all, if you are just an internally-dead, organic automaton, how can you say your enjoyment is real?

Which belief system says that people are internally dead, organic automatons?

But you have to wonder, would the fact that some people still haven't moved on from the superstitions of a bunch of iron age goat herders make some sense anthropologically speaking if they actually were a kind of internaly-dead organic automaton?

But you have to wonder, would the fact that some people still haven't moved on from the superstitions of a bunch of iron age goat herders make some sense anthropologically speaking if they actually were a kind of internaly-dead organic automaton?

Back in the late 80's I was given the honor of working on the campaign for Brian Pappas for the office of Commissioner of Education in Florida. Brian is a Christian attorney and an excellent debater. When challenged publicly one of his tactics was to confront the superstitions of his opponent. His basis was that a superstition is a belief without evidence.

When a person surrenders his heart to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour something happens that provides the evidence of salvation reality. That experience is not faked. When you are saved, you know that you know. It is a decision made in faith, perpetuated by faith, grounded in Scripture.

Christians possess objective, verifiable evidence to support their belief. Our commission is to share the good news of the experience and let others know it is for them as well. As Roger Nelson used to say, "Share the love."

please define "internally dead"

what on earth does that mean? I eat food and shit shit. I reckon that makes me alive. I reckon all the cells in my internal spaces are alive. I dont reckon I am anything else though, as I look like a monkey, act like a monkey and feel like a monkey. balance of probability is that im a monkey.

enjoyment on a sunday for me is blasting through the sky in my v1 with my buddies. NOT listening to stone age stories of salvation of the non-existent soul by crazy old men in cold, stone buildings. I like dopamine. I like endorphins. I like adrenaline. I like to feel ALIVE !

to me skydiving , basejumping, pingers and shagging are all wonderful ways of worshipping nature and the wonders of being lucky enough to be here at all. I dont need to hear silly stories on a sunday at the DZ.

If I wanted to hear this crap Id turn on the christian channel on the TV. I actually enjoy watching it , as I like to know my enemy. That and I like to listen to the bollocks spouted by these nutters in this day and age. It amazes me that people still believe this utter rubbish.

If you go and look up what constitutes evidence (you can ignore the objective and verifiable provisos) and then look up the word faith, you will see why your argument fails by its very definition.

Objective, verifiable evidence is a term I learned at university studying accounting. I used it incorrectly. I should have said subjective, verifiable evidence.

For a complete exploration of faith see the New Testament Book of Hebrews, Chapter 11.

If you believe you are engaging in argument, you have missed the point. I am not here to argue. I am here to share.