jerryzflies

Who's in charge in SC?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that Gov. Sanford's ability to govern must be called in to question.

I like his fiscal conservatism, but that does not outweigh the judgment that says, "Sure, you can leave the country, putting yourself in position of potential blackmail, while lying to the staff, security, family, and constituents that voted for you."

:S:S

So, what to do? He's already in a "lame-duck" status now that the State Supreme Court overruled his policy to deny stimulus money. That makes him ineffective at best.

I think he should resign his governorship. His role as a front line politician is over. Certainly he is shrewd enough to make power plays behind the scenes.

Agreed.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that Gov. Sanford's ability to govern must be called in to question.

I like his fiscal conservatism, but that does not outweigh the judgment that says, "Sure, you can leave the country, putting yourself in position of potential blackmail, while lying to the staff, security, family, and constituents that voted for you."

:S:S

So, what to do? He's already in a "lame-duck" status now that the State Supreme Court overruled his policy to deny stimulus money. That makes him ineffective at best.

I think he should resign his governorship. His role as a front line politician is over. Certainly he is shrewd enough to make power plays behind the scenes.

Agreed.

My guess is that he won't resign. The Party will ask him to stay. Why?

Because the Lt Governor is a young punk idiot. He is tolerated but has no power. The real power brokers are lining up either themselves or their buddy for the governor seat in 2010. Their best play is for Sanford to stay in office.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Gov. Sanford's ability to govern must be called in to question.

Yeah. I'd say leaving your job fundamentally unannounced and unavailable for a few days while traveling to Brazil for sex would certainly qualify as ineffective governance.

It wasn't just lying. It was that he DISAPPEARED and nobody could get in touch with him. Politicians lie. Politicians like to have sex with whatever piece they can get. But they are usually available. He didn't even do a fundraiser while he was there.

He's already in a "lame-duck" status now that the State Supreme Court overruled his policy to deny stimulus money.

Yeah. He had a pretty rough last couple of weeks and apparently not much else was going well in his life.

If you want to talk about an absolutely juvenile exercise of judgment, I present his as Exhibit "A."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

And excluding the people who said it was 'no big deal' when Clinton was playing humidor with Monica.

And those who frequently criticize others in SC for "diversion" while repeatedly doing it themselves. Take a look in the mirror.

Truth hurt? Here, have a tissue.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And excluding the people who said it was 'no big deal' when Clinton was playing humidor with Monica.

And those who frequently criticize others in SC for "diversion" while repeatedly doing it themselves. Take a look in the mirror.

To quote mnealtx, "*yawn*

Got anything RELEVANT to the thread? thx".

Mike, I think the issue is more that the Guv criticized Clinton. Now he's doing it.

If a politician says, "I don't have a problem with banging on the side" and is found to be banging on the side, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that as I would had the politician stated opposition to it.

If I talk about hating defense lawyers, and then take a big defense case, well, people would be right to take me to task - even other defense lawyers. If, on the other hand, I am just a defense lawyer, then hypocrisy cannot be stated.

He did what he derided another for doing.

It was ENTIRELY relevant to jerryzflies' post - your inability to comprehend that isn't MY problem.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't disagree with the basis of your point (although Sanford was evidently already separated from his wife before his little pecadillo), but more the demands for Sanford's resignation from the people who had no problems with Clinton's indiscretions.

So far as I'm concerned, they are every bit as hypocritical as they claim Sanford to be.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't disagree with the basis of your point (although Sanford was evidently already separated from his wife before his little pecadillo), but more the demands for Sanford's resignation from the people who had no problems with Clinton's indiscretions.

So far as I'm concerned, they are every bit as hypocritical as they claim Sanford to be.

agreed, those that want him to resign are doing it for political reasons, they are junior pawns doing the bidding for others

were all just glad it was with a women, that he wasn't related to, that was older than 18 and didn't work for him
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

(although Sanford was evidently already separated from his wife before his little pecadillo)

No, he wasn't. According to him, he's been sleeping with miss Argentina for a year. He's only been separated for a few weeks.
Remster

(although Sanford was evidently already separated from his wife before his little pecadillo)

No, he wasn't. According to him, he's been sleeping with miss Argentina for a year. He's only been separated for a few weeks.

I already posted that once. I am filing it with selective reading, if it doesn't fit with my beliefs, why read it....

I already posted that once. I am filing it with selective reading, if it doesn't fit with my beliefs, why read it....

Don't bother mnealtx with facts. He'll just do another CDIF.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Don't bother mnealtx with facts. He'll just do another CDIF.

Yup - I love pointing out y'all's hypocrisy :D

But, to address the actual point that skydekker made - I was given to understand that the relationship was only over the internet before this trip.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't disagree with the basis of your point (although Sanford was evidently already separated from his wife before his little pecadillo

Is that what they call it in Argentina?;)

And how would you know whether or not his "pecadillo" is little?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>I was given to understand that the relationship was only over the
>internet before this trip.

From Politico:

=====
South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford announced Thursday he would repay the state for portions of a 2008 taxpayer-funded Latin American trade mission during which he rendezvoused with his Argentine mistress.
=====

On the plus side, Rush Limbaugh has announced that he knows who's really responsible for Sanford seeing his mistress - Barack Obama. So that must be a relief to conservatives.

>I was given to understand that the relationship was only over the
>internet before this trip.

From Politico:

=====
South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford announced Thursday he would repay the state for portions of a 2008 taxpayer-funded Latin American trade mission during which he rendezvoused with his Argentine mistress.
=====

On the plus side, Rush Limbaugh has announced that he knows who's really responsible for Sanford seeing his mistress - Barack Obama. So that must be a relief to conservatives.

Another relief to conservatives: The affair was with a woman this time.
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>The affair was with a woman this time.

True, and there were no underage people involved.

For all of you who can't keep up with the republican sex scandal du jour, here's a handy flowchart:

(psst - Mike - this is your cue to get in with a DDIF)

For all of you who can't keep up with the republican sex scandal du jour, here's a handy flowchart:

Is Mike not around? Maybe he's "hiking the Appalachian Trail".

No, I didn't bother answering - I already covered the STERLING examples of Mssrs Clinton and Edwards upthread, thanks. :P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Who's in charge in SC?"

A wussy, obviously. How embarassing, that man. He should crawl back to his millionaire wife, ask for pardon and some flogging, that will show him.

Jeez, what a loser.

;)

I gotta dig his wife. She wasn't standing next to him. She's basically said he can go to hell. His career isn't her problem. Their kids are her priority.

I'm diggin that chick.

No, I didn't bother answering - I already covered the STERLING examples of Mssrs Clinton and Edwards upthread, thanks. :P

Neither Clinton nor Edwards is the governor of SC.
As was mentioned previously in this thread:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Neither Clinton nor Edwards is the governor of SC.
As was mentioned previously in this thread:

Have a tissue.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706