Skyrad

Fu*k you very much America

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090525/twl-israel-defies-us-call-to-freeze-sett-3fd0ae9.html

American President Barack Obama, at the White House last week, told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu he wanted all settlement activity to stop.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also made the point clear in a television interview with the Al Jazeera news channel.

She said:"We want to see a stop to settlement construction, additions, natural growth - any kind of settlement activity."

But at his Sunday cabinet meeting, Mr Netanyahu ruled that out.

"The demand for a total stop to building is not something that can be justified and I don't think that anyone here at this table accepts it," he said.

A settlement is any Israeli population centre built on occupied land.

Under international law they are illegal, though Israel disputes this.

Israel steals even more Palastinian land and gives the US the bird at the same time.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Maybe a little bit less military support from the almighty US would make them come to their senses...

Some of them have the kippa to tight on their skulls.

Wonder how Americans don´t realize they are being pushed around by the israel lobbies... So much for the land of the free :S

The US doesn't have the balls or pollitical ability to stand up to Israel. The US doesn't call the shots, Israel does.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A settlement is any Israeli population centre built on occupied land.

Under international law they are illegal, though Israel disputes this.

When Israel tries 'peace for land' type agreements, it hasn't been getting the peace that was supposed to be the result, it just gets more war.

Israel won the war that made it possible for them to build the settlements. Much, if not most of the world is living within the national boundaries established as the result of a war. I understand that the Arabs don't want to have to live with the result of how the wars were concluded, but they've made it clear they don't want to actually make 'peace for land' work, so tough shit to them. If the Arabs had won the wars, I don't think they'd be giving back anything.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Since when was the war concluded.

Quite right! The war(s) continue, but the current result of the war is that Israel acquired some land, just as so many other countries have acquired it. 'Peace for land' has actually worked pretty well with Egypt. There will be peace in the middle east when there are more Arab leaders like Anwar Sadat, the Israelis are not the ones holding up a peace deal, it is the Arabs. Their goal is not peace, it is the extermination of Israeli Jews. Israel has shown time and again that it wants peace.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

To the US? Maybe.

To Mr Obama? More likely

Why the hell would any country cowrd to someone they see as week and non-suporting.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Anyone have a translation for this?

Sure, the present administration appears weak internationally. They want to want to "talk" and open up "dialog" and give standing to terrorist and the countries that support them.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

O.K so, maybe, the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction from the previous adminsitration, which won the US of A very few (if any) friends in the world.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

More and more I believe that the support from Israel comes from fundamentalist Christian Beliefs here in the USA. That gets mucked around in lobbying and political support and turns into billions going to Israel every year from the USA in money and aid and military. http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html

And we let them get away with pretty much anything - not that we do not let other countries get away with stuff, but if Mexico was doing the same things, we would cut off their support.

With Israel, we do not.

And it is because the Book of Revelations talks about the end of the world and the 2nd coming and all that CRAP, and none of it can happen if Israel does not exist. So we must support Israel in order for the prophecies to come true.

Now that is far-fetched......but is it really? A lot of things we do have far deeper reasons behind them than what we see on the surface. And Americans are just stupid enough to buy it sometimes. Not to mention that Americans are largely Christians, and many of them EXTREME.

Israel needs to be cut off. They are a self-supporting entity in their own right and it is time for them to stand on their own. I have no idea why we spend so much money on them. The money we spend would pay for Universal Healthcare for our own twice over.

O.K so, maybe, the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction from the previous adminsitration, which won the US of A very few (if any) friends in the world.

and no american was murdered on US soil!

funny how that works.....
Abraham Lincoln

There're Americans murdered on American soil.. every day :o

By foreign terrorists? Wow, I must have missed those stories:o

Where did you read those?

(by the way, I answered the question alowing the false premise of the question to stand)
Abraham Lincoln

(by the way, I answered the question alowing the false premise of the question to stand)

eh? who mentioned Foreign terrorits... not me, that's f'sure[:/]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

eh? who mentioned Foreign terrorits... not me, that's f'sure[:/]

Well, I guess I have to since it was a little too difficult for you to follow
Abraham Lincoln

Cheers mate, I'll try to be more erudite in future:P

And I should have been more urbane.

Sorry:$
Abraham Lincoln

We have the American Jewish society to thank for that. They seem to think any negative information about Israel no matter how factual should never be mentioned, or if mentioned the person mentioning it must just hate Jews.
I just heard last week on NPR how they are trying to make comparing Israeli action to Nazi action be regarded as anti-Semitic. This all happened when photos where published that show Israeli solders caught in the same exact action as German solders were in WWII. One is of a German gunmen aiming his gun at a woman and child, next is a picture of an Israeli solder doing the same.

The Jewish Americans (most of them, some already do) need to understand that blind support of Israel regardless of their actions is blind support of massive human rights violations.
Human rights violations should NEVER be excused.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

A soldier pointing a gun is of no consequence at all.

Neither side is without atrocity, but you don't recognize to which direction the scales are so severely tilted.

Um, have you been watching the policies, or the rhetoric? I'm not seeing any "swing" at all.

On real world foreign policy (escalation of hostilities in Afghanistan, withdrawal of troops from Iraq, military tribunals to try terrorism suspects with reduced due process, failure to close the Guantanamo Bay prison), Obama isn't even "Bush light"--he's more like "Bush heavy." The Obushma administration has pushed ahead (and in many cases even harder) with virtually every foreign policy objective of the last administration.

Look at domestic policies, and the congruency is just as pronounced--if not more.

16 years of Obushma...hoo-fucking-ray.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com