Pelosi's in some deep doo doo

Was it not Scooter Libby, Cheney's COS who was convicted of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements to a grand jury? Golly gee, wonder who he was protecring? I was real glad to see no pardon for Scooter, best move W ever made.

According to testimony, Valerie was a covert agent at the time of Novac's article, regardless of what the drones at fox news were saying.

Even using your logic, if someone reveals classified information it is then ok for you to do the same? That is not how the game works. Every one knows old Dick was pissed that Joe wilson was not parrotting the bush line on Niger uranium.

This is the same damned lie you have to use to make the point. But, it is a lie

Fitzgerald stated on the record that he KNEW on the SECOND day of the invesitgation no crime had been commited because Plame was not covert under the law. But he kept the investigation going for years. WHY?

Libby was nailed because they went back and back again until is said something different and then they went after him for saying two different things after dozens of inteviews.

You going to bring this shit up again you had better have your facts straight
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Sure, the CIA has lied. Pelosi is the one with the ever-evolving story this time. If she's telling the truth, then she lives concurrently in multiple universes. :D

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Was it not Scooter Libby, Cheney's COS who was convicted of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements to a grand jury? Golly gee, wonder who he was protecring? I was real glad to see no pardon for Scooter, best move W ever made.

According to testimony, Valerie was a covert agent at the time of Novac's article, regardless of what the drones at fox news were saying.

Even using your logic, if someone reveals classified information it is then ok for you to do the same? That is not how the game works. Every one knows old Dick was pissed that Joe wilson was not parrotting the bush line on Niger uranium.

***This is the same damned lie you have to use to make the point.

Did bush not hold a news cinference and say that no LEAK came from the white house? and if it did he would punish those responsable. if they did no wrong why did not admit to it? Because they were full of shit, no way around it. Perhaps W did not know but Dick left him out to dry. real ethical behaivor.

What subject do you want to talk about?

If you cant win one switch to another:S

Abraham Lincoln

Did you really read this story?

The tittle does not quite tell the story. Try speding your horizons and read some "other" sources, put it together and then maybe come back with an opinion
Abraham Lincoln

The tittle does not quite tell the story. Try speding your horizons and read some "other" sources, put it together and then maybe come back with an opinion

OK

www.newsweek.com/id/205958

CIA tell lies? No, it could NEVER happen.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

OK

Uhh, are you READING the links you are posting?
Abraham Lincoln

OK

Hi Rushy,
'Read the links, it's been 2 mos. and 6 pages since this story started!! 'Ya would think with all the other news since this story got buried, the dems and madame queen would have left sleeping dogs lay but "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" They must really have it bad for Leon?? One would think that all queenie would have to do is snap her finger and have barry fire the guy, why hasn't he????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

OK

Hi Rushy,
'Read the links, it's been 2 mos. and 6 pages since this story started!! 'Ya would think with all the other news since this story got buried, the dems and madame queen would have left sleeping dogs lay but "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" They must really have it bad for Leon?? One would think that all queenie would have to do is snap her finger and have barry fire the guy, why hasn't he????

OK skybillishy,
I'll bite, WHY?
Abraham Lincoln

OK

Hi Rushy,

OK skybillishy,
I'll bite, WHY?

Hi rush,
'Don't know?? What goes on in the mind of a dem defies logic!! queenie P's giberish and dogeral along with her hand girations like she's addressing a kiddiegarden class is sheer buffonery!! Perhaps tying her hands behind her back may help?? Probably each side will just continue to bash the other with an ensuing stalemate. life as usual inside the beltway.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/us/politics/12intel.html?hp

"The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E. Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees"

I wonder what else they withheld?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

sounds like press hoopla bout nothing.

They have said the program was started by the counterterrorism center at the C.I.A. shortly after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but never became fully operational, involving planning and some training that took place off and on from 2001 until this year.

“Because this program never went fully operational and hadn’t been briefed as Panetta thought it should have been, his decision to kill it was neither difficult nor controversial,” one intelligence official, who would speak about the classified program only on condition of anonymity. “That’s worth remembering amid all the drama.”
Born ok 1st time.

sounds like press hoopla bout nothing.

They have said the program was started by the counterterrorism center at the C.I.A. shortly after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but never became fully operational, involving planning and some training that took place off and on from 2001 until this year.

“Because this program never went fully operational and hadn’t been briefed as Panetta thought it should have been, his decision to kill it was neither difficult nor controversial,” one intelligence official, who would speak about the classified program only on condition of anonymity. “That’s worth remembering amid all the drama.”

More right wing bullshit trying to gloss over the disaster of ShubCo. Have you blind, deaf, and dumb apologists seen enough yet? Why do you keep making excuses for the dirtbags? Can't you think for yourselves? Get a fucking CLUE!!

The Rescums have fucked over this country and we are not likely to recover from the damage. We are going to end up like the UK. A former world power that screwed themselves because the people are fucking STUPID and fall for the fearmongereing of the rescums.

I think, therefor I cannot be republican.

Fuck you righties for ruining this country. I hope you rot in hell. Every last one of you

The Rescums have fucked over this country and we are not likely to recover from the damage.

I'm afraid that more damage will be done during the "recovery".

Conservative shitbags said much the same about FDR. They were worng then. As the conservative shitbags are wrong now. Time for the nuclear option that the rescums threatened, IE, end filibustering as a blocking technique. The shitbags were all for it when it was going to be applied againt the Ds. Don't think they'd like it much now that the tables are turned.

Shrub's grandfather Prescott engaged in a conspiracy to overthrow the US Government in 1934. Fortunately Smedley Butler was a man of honor and couldn't be bought. What Shrub did is no surprise, considering what Grandpa attempted.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/240707fascistcoup.htm

Buy the book at Amazon. It has been reprinted and is available now.

http://www.amazon.com/Plot-Seize-White-House-Conspiracy/dp/1602390363/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247459817&sr=8-1

10.17 brand new.

Rescums give lip service to education, and generate CRAP like No Child Left Behind. That piece of trash has done more harm to schools and their finances than anything the so called "Liberals" did in 100 years. We are raising a nation of selfish dumbasses who know how to pass tests, bit can't think and reason worth a shit. I see it as a calculated expansion of the Republican Base. You can't have folks thinking for themselves.

Conservative shitbags said much the same about FDR. They were worng then.

I hope you're right and my concerns are unrealized.

We are raising a nation of selfish dumbasses who know how to pass tests, bit can't think and reason worth a shit.

That's 100% true. I hate that teachers spend so much time teaching for the tests. It makes them invalid metrics really. Yet they're still used.
--
Rob

"The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E. Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees"

Maybe you should ask the bitch that is lieing?

Ex-CIA Boss Hayden: Congress Was Informed

Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:25 PM

Article Font Size

WASHINGTON -- Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden angrily struck back Saturday at assertions the Bush administration's post-9/11 surveillance program was more far-reaching than imagined and was largely concealed from congressional overseers.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Hayden maintained that top members of Congress were kept well-informed all along the way, notwithstanding protests from some that they were kept in the dark.

"One of the points I had in every one of the briefings was to make sure they understood the scope of our activity 'They've got to know this is bigger than a bread box,' I said," said Hayden, who also previously headed the National Security Agency.

"At the political level this had support," said the one-time CIA chief, jumping foursquare into an escalating controversy that has caused deep political divisions and lingering debate on the counterterrorism policies of an administration now out of power.

Hayden was reacting to a report issued Friday by a team of U.S. inspectors general which called the surveillance program in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks "unprecedented." The report also questioned the program's legal rationale and the excessive secrecy that enshrouded it.

Hayden, who in 2001 designed and carried out the secret program, told The AP he is distressed by suggestions that Congress was not fully informed. He said that he personally briefed top lawmakers on the entire surveillance operation and said he felt that they supported it.

The details of the wider surveillance program described by the federal investigative report remain classified. The program included the wiretapping of American phone and computer lines and was intended to detect communications from the al-Qaida terrorist network. That was revealed by the New York Times in 2005 and later confirmed by then-President George W. Bush.

Several Democratic members of the House and Senate expressed surprise and concern Friday about the still-secret surveillance program.

Hayden asserted that just weeks after Bush approved the activity, senior Republicans and Democrats on the intelligence committees in the House and Senate started getting briefed regularly on its details. He said these sessions happened about four times a year. Hayden also said the number of lawmakers informed was intentionally kept small because the program was highly classified.

On occasion, he said, the briefing audience was expanded to include top members of the House and Senate leadership as well.

Hayden also said that the members of Congress who were briefed were told the average daily level of surveillance activity and the cumulative activity since the program started. And he said the meetings nearly always occurred at the White House, with Vice President Dick Cheney in attendance.

The Bush surveillance program has been contentious since it was first revealed, raising concerns about the extent of secret activities undertaken since the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington and the potential violation of civil liberties. Indeed, the report released Friday said that most of the information gathered under the wider program ultimately did not have any connection to terrorism.

It was so secret that few members of Bush's inner circle were "read in" on program. Even John Ashcroft, who was attorney general at the time, got an accurate description of one surveillance activity only two years after he first certified it as legal. And his initial request to brief his chief of staff and deputy on the program were refused by the White House.

Just what those activities involved remains classified, but the report released Friday pointedly said that any continued use of the information gathered in the secret programs must be "carefully monitored."

Bush authorized the warrantless wiretapping program under the authority of a secret court in 2006, and Congress approved most of the intercepts in a 2008 electronic surveillance law. The fate of the remaining and still-classified aspects of the wider surveillance program is not clear from the report.

In the interview Saturday, Hayden called the program extremely valuable and said that it served as an early warning system to help prevent further al-Qaida attacks.

Some members of Congress are calling for a full independent inquiry and others are urging further congressional investigations.

Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., told The AP Friday that she was shocked by the report. She said she asked former White House counsel Alberto Gonzales _ after the wiretapping was revealed in 2005 _ whether the government was conducting any other undisclosed intelligence activities. She said he told her there were no additional operations.

Robert Bork Jr., Gonzales' spokesman, said Friday: "It has clearly been determined that he did not intend to mislead anyone."

In a separate but related move, House Democrats are pressing for legislation that would expand congressional access to secret intelligence briefings. The Obama administration has threatened to veto it over concerns about protecting secrecy.

© 2009 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Abraham Lincoln

...Shrub's...

Waiting on the chorus of denunciations we hear whenever someone uses a name like that for the current president....

If you are holding your breath may you rest in peace.....[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

I'm just dumfounded that witnesses, or even potential witnesses, are getting more scrutiny than the criminals. I don't get it.
Now, off to the store to find something for the grill. I hear that red herring is in season.

They should all be punished according to the law.
If we are not a nation of laws then we are nothing, if we make excuses for anyone we are bias and hypocrites.

If she lied they should fuck her over, and the people responsible for the original action or more importantly the original order must be punished as well. Am I by my self on this?

I mean democrat, republican or whatever shouldn’t people who brake the law and our trust as a nation be punished?

Don't we all live here anyway?:|

+1

The problem is today the threat of investigation and law breaking are used as a political tool instead of a way to uphold the law
Abraham Lincoln

No they weren't. And calling anyone "shitbags" doesn't bolster your argument - it just makes you look immature.

As the conservative shitbags are wrong now.

No they're not. Tell me, how is spending money you don't have in an economic downturn the right thing to do? It's gambling, as the current admin. has no idea what they're doing.

Don't think so? Tell me, how many verifiable metrics have they used to note their progress? "Jobs saved?" Pure BS.

Time for the nuclear option that the rescums threatened, IE, end filibustering as a blocking technique. The shitbags were all for it when it was going to be applied againt the Ds. Don't think they'd like it much now that the tables are turned.

Once again, name-calling just weakens the point you're trying to make.

Rescums give lip service to education, and generate CRAP like No Child Left Behind.

So how is that any different than the "Making work Pay" tax "credit" ? Both parties create legislation that has an effective name but is absolutely ineffective in function. The current admin. just seems to want to do it faster than anyone has before.

And as far as giving "lip service" to things, how's that campaign promise Obama made to allow 5 days of public comment before signing bills? I think he's made it his goal to see how much unread legislation he can get passed.

We are raising a nation of selfish dumbasses who know how to pass tests, bit can't think and reason worth a shit. I see it as a calculated expansion of the Republican Base. You can't have folks thinking for themselves.

Except you're ignoring the fact that Liberals & Democrats outnumber conservatives in the education environment by 3 to 1. (*http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8427-2005Mar28.html) So tell me, who is raising a nation of selfish dumbasses who can't think and reason worth a shit?

* Yes, I know this is probably a biased article, but it's pretty common knowledge that conservatives are rare in this area.

...Shrub's...

Waiting on the chorus of denunciations we hear whenever someone uses a name like that for the current president....

Why? "Shrub" is the title of Molly Ivins' book that she wrote about GWB prior to the 2000 election. She said that it was the dictionary definition of "Arbusto", the name of a Bush family oil company. The name seems appropriate for a person who had nicknames for nearly everyone in his White House.
Molly was a sharp one.

edited to add list of nicknames

Maybe you should ask the bitch that is lieing?

Ex-CIA Boss Hayden: Congress Was Informed

Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:25 PM

Article Font Size

WASHINGTON -- Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden angrily struck back Saturday at assertions the Bush administration's post-9/11 surveillance program was more far-reaching than imagined and was largely concealed from congressional overseers.

Ha ha - you're barking up the wrong tree again, Marc.

Try to pay attention.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We've got over a trillion dollar deficit today. FDR got that massive federal spending thing going.

[Reply] That piece of trash has done more harm to schools and their finances than anything the so called "Liberals" did in 100 years. We are raising a nation of selfish dumbasses who know how to pass tests, bit can't think and reason worth a shit.

Which seems an improvement over those who could neither reason nor pass tests. When schools got funding based on how shitty they did, such results were more common.

[Reply] You can't have folks thinking for themselves.

On this point I believe that you are on to something. Neither the Dems nor the GOP want anyone thinking for themselves. If a black man exercises independent thought, he is an Oreo, sell out, etc. If a white guy is pro-immigration reform, then there is hell to pay.

The Left can't stand the thought of people tinking for themselves. The Right can't stand it, either.

The best way to control the population is to keep them uneducated so Big Brother can do it all for them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.