skinnay

FAA dipshits

maybe i'm just particularly sensitive to things like this since my life was greatly changed on september 11th, but this is just unfuckingbelievable. seeing this today gave me the biggest chills ive ever had in my life. i really want to know how its even possible gather such an incompetent group of people to conclude this would be a good idea.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/air-force-one-backup-rattles-new-york-nerve/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN57C98B310
(not my video)

and we pay for this shit?

Ironic. Had a civilian done this, they would have thrown the book at him for panicking the public, but some morons in positions of authority somehow thought it was a swell idea.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

From what I heard on the news about this, the authorizing official with the White House Military Office was the "man with the plan". It was a lose-lose. Advertise where one of the Air Force One aircraft will be flying (and from the pics, they were getting low!), and some yahoo digs into his/her hidden arsenal, and boom. Or, don't advertise it, and panic people.

Of course, the police or 911 dispatchers could have put out the word once the calls started coming in. That would have been a decent balance of security I suppose.

If they followed the same protocol I follow for planning demos, then the FAA had little to do with this other than provide guidelines for authorized use of the air space. There would be no "public notice" involved.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I was thinking the same thing about the wisdom of advertising that one of the president's airplane was going to fly low and slow over NYC.

Anyhow, -----BOO-----:D

What I also find interesting is that the current director of the White House Military Office is a civilian...Louis Caldera. He is former Army, left as a Captain (for those that don't know, attaining this rank is pretty much automatic, and it was 30 years ago). Prior to this position, Mr. Caldera was a California State Assemblyman, Secretary of the Army and president of the University of NM.

In the previous administration, the director of the WHMO was Rear Admiral Ray Spicer, who also had a role as deputy assistant to the President.

Either way, an ambiguous press release would have done well, "There will be low flying government aircraft flying in NYC airspace, and DC airspace." No specific locations, just a date, etc.

I'm not impressed with the "talent" in the White House. :|
Make light!

Look, you can't expect these guys to get everything right.

this is directly caused by the mess George Bush left.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I was thinking the same thing about the wisdom of advertising that one of the president's airplane was going to fly low and slow over NYC.

What I also find interesting is that the current director of the White House Military Office is a civilian...Louis Caldera. He is former Army, left as a Captain (for those that don't know, attaining this rank is pretty much automatic, and it was 30 years ago). Prior to this position, Mr. Caldera was a California State Assemblyman, Secretary of the Army and president of the University of NM.

In the previous administration, the director of the WHMO was Rear Admiral Ray Spicer, who also had a role as deputy assistant to the President.

Either way, an ambiguous press release would have done well, "There will be low flying government aircraft flying in NYC airspace, and DC airspace." No specific locations, just a date, etc.

I take it you are implying that that is a job that should be filled by a serving soldier. Would a retired career officer do? Do you think the NSA and SecState also should, or is the joint chairman enough? Just how much military presence is appropriate in a civillian government?

I take it you are implying that that is a job that should be filled by a serving soldier. Would a retired career officer do? Do you think the NSA and SecState also should, or is the joint chairman enough? Just how much military presence is appropriate in a civillian government?

It's called the "White House Military Office"...
Make light!