lawrocket

Swine Flu Attribution Experiment...

It appears that one or more strains of swine flu have mutated into a form that is causing illness and death in humans. There are presently fears or epidemic/pandemic.

In the coming days and weeks, I believe that we will find several persons attributing this development to some person or groups of people or even supernatural forms. For example, it appears somebody is already attributing survivability to a healty diet, exercise and living the life of a person who is not a drone (despite that this virus apparently began in mexico, where cushy office jobs are not as frequent.)

So we've already seen human lifestyle as an accused attribute. I wonder what else we'll see:

God's vengeance (each new reason shall be it's own sub-attribute, I.e. "God hates fags" or "God wants illegal immigration through the Southern U.S. Border to end.")
Spaceship Earth's vengeance
Pork vengeance
Terrorism
Created by the CIA
Chiapan rebels
"With global warming/client change we will see more of these mutations and with greater frequency and mortality"
George Bush and Dick Cheney caused it
Lack of socialized medicine (this would have never happened in Barthelona)
Pollution
Hacking down of the rain forests
Pharmaceutical industry creation (Novartis)
The economy
Terrorism
Natural mutation

So if you see something blamed, post it here!!! This will interest me..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>it appears somebody is already attributing survivability to a healty diet,
>exercise and living the life of a person who is not a drone

That's actually true; that does improve survivability. (if by "drone" they mean someone who mindlessly mingles with large crowds of people at a place of business.) So does washing your hands, getting enough rest etc.

>(despite that
>this virus apparently began in mexico, where cushy office jobs are not as
>frequent.)

We have manufacturing partners in Mexico City. There are plenty of people working at menial tasks on assembly lines. Cushy office jobs are actually not too bad since they provide some physical isolation. Worst case are large crowded work forces working next to each other.

I don't doubt that. I do doubt that eating nuts and twigs and high protein meats will be a determining factor. However, I do think it would be nice to have a stress-free life. Too bad I have responsibilities.

"Nature Biting Back at Industrial Animal Production" - from David Kirby on the Huffington Post.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20090425/cm_huffpost/191408

It's a little deeper than the headline, but the headline is the sort of attribution I'm looking for.

I included Bush. Obama didn't cause his (he's too busy fighting off teabags). But next year we'll poll on how much of it was his fault. All his fault. No, he was only stuck with the swine flu Bush left behind.

Although this may be the "within six months" challenge. Or it may not be. I guarantee it. Hee.

>You forgot to name Bush and/or Obama

He got Bush (and Cheney.) For the Obama blame here are some comments from the Infowars blog:

=============
Will Obama be the most Hated President Ever? Oh yes, this year.
Reply:
April 25th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Just Watch, it will be another late coming for the help people need and yet another Katrina incident. FEMA will be blamed, Obama hated more than ever, The world will hate us for not doing anything to prevent it, and millions will die because of it.

If you get sick, go spit in Obama’s Face, you will feel so much better.
==============
Obama releases a plague
Reply:
April 26th, 2009 at 2:19 am

MAN-MADE

WHO BENEFITS?

NOBODY EVER FORGET, THIS WAS MAN-MADE

LIKE AIDS, LIKE CANCER, LIKE MORGELLONS

MAN-MADE MAN-MADE MAN-MADE MAN-MADE
===============

Bill Von, Mister moderator!

You are completely off base on your reply to my post!!

I do not visit ANY blogs! I have never heard of the "info wars" blog.

You, as usual are out of line assuming that persons that ask a question are "right wing" I guarantee you that I am neither right or left. Do not EVER assume anything!

You are so far LEFT that anyone that asks a question you ASSUME that they are a right winger. NOT!

Just maybe, someone should monitor your posts and ban you at times.

You just need to open your eyes, and see that not all people have different opinions and some of them DO NOT MATCH YOURS!

I am not a Bush supporter and YOU need to get off YOUR HIGH Horse

Skies blue

I disagree often with billvon. But there isn't a poster hyere for whom I have more respect.

I understood what billvon was doing and I think you went Scott Norwood - missed wide.

Doesn't mean I won't bu you a beer sometime. But I owe bill ab out a case - that's just for 2009.

HAVE NO idea who Scott Norwood is and do not care to search on the internet who he might be.

I guarantee I am Not a
Scott Norwood fan!

Bill Von, I am not a dude and I do not drink beer!

I am the wife of THE DUDE and he does not drink beer either:)
Lee West

I am the wife of THE DUDE and he does not drink beer either:)
Lee West

Have you ever considered using separate accounts to avoid the confusion? This isn't exactly the first time this has happened.

If you haven't considered it and won't consider it in the future, you really should be a little more understanding that it's nearly impossible for most people to tell you two apart if you don't sign your posts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It appears that one or more strains of swine flu have mutated into a form that is causing illness and death in humans. There are presently fears or epidemic/pandemic.

In the coming days and weeks, I believe that we will find several persons attributing this development to some person or groups of people or even supernatural forms.

I just talked to Al Gore about this. He said the virus is actually ManBirdPig. It's half human, half avian and half swine. But don’t worry. Al said he would save us all!
;)

Well, then, allow me to buy you a white wine spritzer sometime.

Scott Norwood was a kicker for the Buffalo Bills who missed about a 48 yard field goal as time was expiring in the Super Bowl to give the Giants a victory.

It became the legendary "wide right."

And - it'd be a cool trick to get a spouse banned!!!

You must be speaking in tongues, because I have no idea what the hell you are talking about!

A wide right football player? Excuse me>:( I, we are not a wide right.

Further more I do not drink anything!

Give me a caffeine free diet coke please.

>I am not a Bush supporter and YOU need to get off YOUR HIGH Horse

Not claiming you are, dude. Calm down. You asked about Bush and Obama. Lawrocket covered Bush, I posted some stuff about Obama.

wow bill, this is the second thread in s.c. i've read tonight and so far you are 2 for 2 in getting peoples' panties in a wad. keep up the good work;)

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

You forgot to name Bush and/or Obama:)

You can add Obama, but 51% of the people will say He only caused it as a result of cleaning up a previous administration's mess. I don't recall which.

You could blame Global Warming - Gaia is taking revenge on the evil humans (mostly white males in North America with incomes over $45k/year)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

OK, I'll bite.

If you are GlaxoSmithKline and/or Roche pharmaceutical, and suffering economic hardship, like everyone else in the world right now, what is the way you get the most money out of the richest people?

The answer is a pandemic, world-wide, life-threatening illness that you have the cure for. GSK has Relenza, and Roche has Tamiflu. So all you need to do is propagate a new flu strain (Swine flu) that no one understands, then create a media frenzy, even getting the President of the U.S. to make announcements, and also make sure the CDC and media report on your "cure" for the virus. Finally, sit back and watch your stock prices skyrocket (Roche is up 4% and GSK is up 6% already, and most people haven't heard about Swine Flu yet).

If you're going to start a world-wide virus outbreak, it makes sense to start in the most densely populated city (Mexico City), which is also quite poor, and will respond slowly to the outbreak. It will spread quickly to the U.S., because of proximity and ease of travel, and from there, it will quickly go world-wide. Plus, you can easily find people to go around the city with aerosol cans and spray people, after all, these are people that swallow drugs wrapped in condoms and take them across the border.

Makings of a good Michael Crichton book - too bad he's dead. Anyone else want to step in and write it? John Grisham, maybe?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD