JohnRich

Obama Sets New Records!

News:
Federal budget deficit sets March record $192.3B

The Treasury Department said Friday that the budget deficit increased by $192.3 billion in March, and is near $1 trillion just halfway through the budget year, as costs of the financial bailout and recession mount.

Last month's deficit, a record for March, was significantly higher than the $150 billion that economists expected.

The deficit already totals $956.8 billion for the first six months of the budget year, also a record for that period. The Obama administration projects the deficit for the entire year will hit $1.75 trillion.

A deficit at that level would nearly quadruple the previous annual record of $454.8 billion set last year. The March deficit was nearly four times the size of the imbalance in the same month last year.
Source: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090410/D97FPQ380.html

Way to go Barack! I look forward to many more trillions to come!

Cleaning up after someone else leaves a mess is always expensive.

Cleaning up my azz... that still needs to be done, not one damn thing has been done on the 'cleaning' up front yet for the last 20+ years of BS!! We've been headed down this road a long time.

Only took 3 posts!

I propose a new internet arguing rule, in which the first person to post:

"It's Bush's fault!"

either;

(a) automatically loses the argument, or;
(b) automatically gets a job with the white house press office.

Perhaps we ought to add

(c) automatically becomes President of the United States

Honestly, before the election I was a lot more impressed with Barack Obama than I am today. He really seems like a pretty straight up guy, and I find all the whining that it's Bush's fault to be very off putting.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

There is no question that this year's budget come from last year's government. As well as actions initiated by Pauleson in the Fall.

There will be cause of complaint of blaming all the Administration's woes on Bush, but this just isn't one of them.

There is no question that this year's budget come from last year's government. As well as actions initiated by Pauleson in the Fall.

There will be cause of complaint of blaming all the Administration's woes on Bush, but this just isn't one of them.

This administration/regime/congress has proposed and begun passing more spending than all the other before them combined and you say that this budget is from last years doings? Really? Far to much of it is pork bail out BS from last year, but there is a whole damn lot in there from this go around too. All these social programs have been political promises for years. Now the bill's are starting to be printed for my kids grandchildren to pay...

Only took 3 posts!

"It's Bush's fault!" either;
Perhaps we ought to add
Honestly, before the election I was a lot more impressed with Barack Obama than I am today. He really seems like a pretty straight up guy, and I find all the whining that it's Bush's fault to be very off putting.

Non-starter because it's a double-standard. "Clinton did it first" wasn't coined by Democrats, you know.
Budget balanced under Clinton? GOP: "Reagan's coattails."
9/11 under G.W. Bush's watch? GOP: "Fallout from Clinton."

So, sorry - no can do.

Only took 3 posts!

"It's Bush's fault!" either;
Perhaps we ought to add

Non-starter because it's a double-standard. "Clinton did it first" wasn't coined by Democrats, you know.
Budget balanced under Clinton? GOP: "Reagan's coattails."
9/11 under G.W. Bush's watch? GOP: "Fallout from Clinton."

What if we expanded the rule so that it covered anyone claiming that it was the previous guys fault?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

What if we expanded the rule so that it covered anyone claiming that it was the previous guys fault?

Sometimes it is the previous guy's fault.

Perhaps so, but continually crying about it isn't very productive.

When you're in control of the Presidency, the House and the Senate, it's time to quit whining.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

When you're in control of the Presidency, the House and the Senate, it's time to quit whining.

Yeah, as conservatives all quit bashing Clinton when Bush was president and the GOP controlled both the House and the Senate.

Yeah, as conservatives all quit bashing Clinton when Bush was president and the GOP controlled both the House and the Senate.

Blaming Clinton would be covered by the rule, too. ;)

Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention then, but it seems like there was less of a blame shifting culture in the early years of the Bush presidency than there is now in the Obama White House.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Agreed. Nor is it productive to continually criticize someone for the actions and policies of his predecessor.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention then, but it seems like there was less of a blame shifting culture in the early years of the Bush presidency than there is now in the Obama White House.

Well, duh. Surpluses, booming stock market, free love - what were they going to blame him for? If 9/11 hadn't happened, they'd have been SOL and a one term presidency.

This administration/regime/congress has proposed and begun passing more spending than all the other before them combined and you say that this budget is from last years doings? Really?

Read the leading post here - it talked about the March deficit. Not this year's deficit, or this 4 year term, just this month.