skyjumpenfool

This is a great leader!

Read this article and answer the poll above. :)
The views of Patriotic Australian Prime Minister (telling the Australian Muslims to their faces the harsh truth)
The whole world needs a leader like this!
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Kevin angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON to as many people as you know
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'

That's the truth. We spend so much time worrying about offending others we forget to remember where we came from....:|
=========Shaun ==========

Of course, he didn't say that.

According to snopes this is a mishmash of a lot of stuff over the last 8 years or so.

John Howard (the previous Australian PM) did say that he was going to monitor certain mosques and schools to protect Australia. He also said that he did not intend to get in the way of freedom of religion. Other cabinet ministers have said pieces of things.

But as a whole, it's glurge for the jingoistic.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is NOT new, it goes back to 2005, and the leader was Howard, not Rudd, and it has pieced together several bits to give a misleading impression.

It always helps to check Snopes before posting stuff like this, or it makes YOU look foolish and bigoted.

I was going to give this a "no look" Snopes because it was so obvious but I've been beat to it. Does it make the sentiment untrue? Not entirely but it's just more whinning into the black internet void.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

This is great!!!!!! More Americans need to think this way. OUR COUNTRY was also founded on a belief of GOD but we worry so much about offending people that our whole country is changing.

I'm not saying to push the christian belief down anyones throat,,,,,,just don't complain about references to GOD in the constitution, our Pledge of Aligance or our currency.Also if you live here atleast learn the language.:P

SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

This is great!!!!!! More Americans need to think this way. OUR COUNTRY was also founded on a belief of GOD but we worry so much about offending people that our whole country is changing.

Pity that it's bogus, isn't it?

I'm not saying to push the christian belief down anyones throat,,,,,,just don't complain about references to GOD in the constitution, our Pledge of Aligance or our currency.

The 1st Amendment gives us the right to complain about it. Don't you believe in the Constitution?

Also if you live here atleast learn the language.:P

Which one, Cherokee, Zuni, Iroquoian?

>ust don't complain about references to GOD in the constitution, our Pledge
>of Aligance or our currency.

Uh, you do realize that the references to God in the Pledge and on our money are pretty recent additions, right?

YES, but there are groups that are trying to get it removed.

By God do you mean Airsekui, Dayunsi, or Heammawihio; all godly invocations of those who found this country.

They didn't found a country,,,,they lived on" A LAND". :P

I think he meant this:

"The United States does not have an official language;[2] however, the majority of the population speaks English as a native language (some 82%). The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English;96% of the population of the U.S. speaks English "well" or "very well".[3] "

also noteworthy, which I found kinda cool:

Main language(s): American English (82%), Spanish (10%)

**Indigenous language(s)** Navajo, Dakota, Central Alaskan Yup'ik, Cherokee, Western Apache, Piman, Choctaw, Keres, Zuni, Ojibwe

I must admit, i do find it annoying to have to select my language when calling an american company, but the corporate side of me says 'they just earned more $$$ that way...' Ahhh, the daily struggles...
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>YES, but there are groups that are trying to get it removed.

Right. I can see them wanting to restore both the Pledge and our money to what the Founding Fathers intended, instead of adding politically-correct fluff every time a politician wants to make a name for himself.

Pity that it's bogus, isn't it?

I'm not saying to push the christian belief down anyones throat,,,,,,just don't complain about references to GOD in the constitution, our Pledge of Aligance or our currency.

The 1st Amendment gives us the right to complain about it. Don't you believe in the Constitution?

Also if you live here atleast learn the language.:P

Which one, Cherokee, Zuni, Iroquoian?

I believe in the constitution. But this country was founded by ENGLISH speaking Christian people. The Indian language reference is pretty funny, But the constitution was written much later as the country was FOUNDED.
But if our national language changes to Spanish I would atleast try to learn it.

God is not in the constitution (other than the whole inconvenient separation of church and state thing), was first added a coin in 1864, and to paper money in 1957. It joined the Pledge of Alliegiance in 1954, and replaced "E pluribus union" as the motto in 1956.

The founding fathers had nothing to do with any of those. You could say that we're "honoring" who they were by changing stuff this way, but since they seemed to be pretty careful not to include all that stuff in the first place, we might not be reflecting their vision for the country.

You can't prevent change by decree.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thomas Jefferson Autobiography 1821

The bill for establishing religious freedom, the principles of which had, to a certain degree, been enacted before, I had drawn in all the latitude of reason and right. It still met with opposition; but, with some mutilations in the preamble, it was finally passed; and a singular proposition proved that its protection of opinion was meant to be universal. Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed, by inserting the word "Jesus Christ," so that it should read, "a departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by a great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo, and Infidel of every denomination.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

It does reference "GOD" in the Decleration of Independance. The document this country was founded on.

No, this country was not founded on the Declaration of Independence. That document served to inform the crown that we no longer considered the colonies to be subject the the crown's rule, and were independent states.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

In fact! It would seem our 1st President was very much so.

George Washington, Proclamation: A National Thanksgiving

3 Oct. 1789 1 Richardson 64
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and

Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other trangressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

www.FourWheelerHB.com

Here's an interesting web page (thank you St. Google) written by a Christian on the topic.

In a world where travel and communication were difficult, and people were far more molded by their immediate communities, it's not surprising to me that they were like most people around them. Only, since they were smarter than the average bear, they did question things.

Questioning things is good, especially if they're open-minded questions.

Wendy W.