CSpenceFLY

Watching a show about "football" in Poland. Fucking third world morons

I've never seen riot police in the US to control the fans

Have you ever been to a championship party for NFL or NBA?
I was in San Francisco after their first Super Bowl. There were still riot police on the street on Tuesday.
What about the riots in Chicago or LA when they won the NBA. There have been NHL riots in Montreal, Edmonton and Vancouver.

I've never seen riot police in the US to control the fans

Have you ever been to a championship party for NFL or NBA?
I was in San Francisco after their first Super Bowl. There were still riot police on the street on Tuesday.
What about the riots in Chicago or LA when they won the NBA. There have been NHL riots in Montreal, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Yes, after winning a championship, people get drunk, and drunk people do shit.

But it's still a far cry from soccer hooligans, and I can't think of examples of fans stoning their players, or shooting them to death. Even the most die hard of fan/assholes (those in the end zone at the Raiders stadium) don't hold a candle to the typical soccer crazies. We just don't care that much.

Do you want some real discourse on the subject or do you just want to relieve some angst? Seriously ! I could try to explore the horrors of hooligans in a more in depth way if I'm sure that you are interested.

/Martin

That is what the show turned out to be about.

Why would anyone go through so much crap to have a game so a bunch of assholes can get together and act like monkeys? Fucking Stupid Asses.

"Third World"???

Where the hell are you living? Poland is third world?

:o

Any place that puts up with shit like that is third world to me. We have third world conditions is some of our cities and our country is on it's way down the tubes.

Well, it sure isn't 1st. Pretty big difference driving from Germany and Czech into Poland. Billions of Euros are pouring in trying to remake the place. And that was before the sloty collapsed in the past few months.

"Third World"???

He meant "Poland is third world" in the same manner that Georgia (and the rest of the south, for that matter) is "third world" to the rest of us. ;)

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

"Third World"???

He meant "Poland is third world" in the same manner that Georgia (and the rest of the south, for that matter) is "third world" to the rest of us. ;)

.jim

Well, not really but I can think of a couple of places in Atlanta that qualify

Why would anyone go through so much crap to have a game so a bunch of assholes can get together and act like monkeys? Fucking Stupid Asses.

"Third World"???

Any place that puts up with shit like that is third world to me. We have third world conditions is some of our cities and our country is on it's way down the tubes.

Did you ever TRY to watch even a few minutes of the new television show; "Hole In The Wall"?

Painful, very mind numbing pabulum for the masses painful.

This is the kind of stupid shit you're talking about?

I know it fits my definition.

Well, gotta go, the barbarians are ringing my doorbell.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Did you ever TRY to watch even a few minutes of the new television show; "Hole In The Wall"?

Painful, very mind numbing pabulum for the masses painful.

This is the kind of stupid shit you're talking about?

Did you know this is a remake of a Japanese game show?

>I've never seen riot police in the US to control the fans

Detroit, 1984 after World Series - over 1000 riot, police cars burned, riot police called.

MSU, 1999 - 5000 riot after game, riot police called, tear gas used, 130 convicted.

Boston, 2004 - Thousands riot after World Series, riot police called, police shoot and kill a female rioter.

MSU, 2005 - 2000 riot, riot police called, tear gas used.

==========
From USA Today, 2004:

By G. Jeffrey MacDonald, Special for USA TODAY
Just five years ago, the nation watched in disbelief as students from Michigan State University performed what was then a shameful rarity in American sports: rioting at the outcome of a big game.

Today, big games and riots go hand in hand far more often. There are 10 to 15 such incidents a year, and the outcomes are more tragic, says Kent State University sociologist Jerry Lewis, who has studied sports-related riots since 1960.

In Boston this year, riots claimed the life of one college student after February's Super Bowl victory by the New England Patriots. Another student was killed in rioting last month after the Boston Red Sox beat the New York Yankees in the American League playoffs. With added police presence, celebrations after the Red Sox won the World Series last week proved less violent. Yet police still arrested 39 people, including 20 students.
===========