mnealtx

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

one specifically designed for hunting and not an adaptation of a military weapon

They are all literally adaptations of military weapons. Literally every advancement in firearms. Same with the history of the sword, the knife and the axe. It starts off simply enough, then shown promise in battle, then improved for battle then adapted for civilian use. Its been like this for thousands of years and will likely continue long after we have turned to dust.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Your statement that you know better than the Supreme Court what the Constitution means? Yes, I'm sure we ALL believe that you've established that as a fact. :D

Why don't you write to Scalia and tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about? I'm sure you can put him straight.

Not only are you establishing that you're arguing simply to be contrary, but that you also lack fundamental reading skills. That wasn't what I stated at all.

Really? Your post (#153 in this thread) seems to say exactly that.

Then I guess that establishes my previous statement to be accurate. RIF

Whatever floats your boat. You know the Constitution better than the Supreme Court. OK, not much point in discussing this any further.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Your statement that you know better than the Supreme Court what the Constitution means? Yes, I'm sure we ALL believe that you've established that as a fact. :D

Why don't you write to Scalia and tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about? I'm sure you can put him straight.

Not only are you establishing that you're arguing simply to be contrary, but that you also lack fundamental reading skills. That wasn't what I stated at all.

Whatever floats your boat. You know the Constitution better than the Supreme Court. OK, not much point in discussing this any further.

Any further? You haven't "discussed" it at all.

What's to discuss? Your assertion that the SCOTUS doesn't understand the Constitution is absurd and unworthy of ny discussion.

What's to discuss? Your assertion that the SCOTUS doesn't understand the Constitution is absurd and unworthy of ny discussion.

Reading is Fundamental.

Extremely well put. There is a reason the first line to the Oath of Enlistment reads....

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic
Our military will be at serious odds when the order comes down to kill our own citizens. ***

Really ? Are you aware of a survey of USN Marines conducted a few years back asking them if they would follow orders to collect weapons from households inside the US?
Obviously by your post I know you haven't.

Blues,
Cliff

Would sure love to see this USN Marines survey you speak of. Can you provide a link?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Reading is Fundamental.

[url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3499005#3499005"] INDEED!

Reading is Fundamental.

[url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3499005#3499005"] INDEED!

Comprehension, my child. It's all in the comprehension.

Terrible. In a free country everybody should have right to walk around with loaded assault rifles or fully automatic weapons to ready to defend themselves. Just like in Afghanistan people can walk around with AKs or in Israel with Uzis. Yes, I want that freedom too! Dam liberals…:P

Terrible. In a free country everybody should have right to walk around with loaded assault rifles or fully automatic weapons to ready to defend themselves. Just like in Afghanistan people can walk around with AKs or in Israel with Uzis. Yes, I want that freedom too! Dam liberals…:P

Nice strawman - any more foolishness to share with the class?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's sarcasm, not straw man.

That's sarcasm, not straw man.

I treated it with the respect it deserved - none.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Should people have assault rifles in Kosovo too?
Which etnic group should carry them the Serbs or the Albanians? They have a right for the the freedom too don't they? Would that make you feel safer over there if they still have those guns?
(I'm asking these questions because your profile says you're there)

Burek is good food for sure;)

Should people have assault rifles in Kosovo too?
Which etnic group should carry them the Serbs or the Albanians? They have a right for the the freedom too don't they? Would that make you feel safer over there if they still have those guns?
(I'm asking these questions because your profile says you're there)

Burek is good food for sure;)

Seeing as how they're trying to join the EU, probably neither - can't have the serfs owning those icky GUNS, now can they?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've made this point before and I'll make it again; if Pro-gun people don't like "assault weapons" being banned based on being "scary looking", then they should work with the gun control advocates and educate them so that there is a more reasonable criteria.

and this point doesn't get any more intelligent with repetition.

The leadership of the gun control (read: ban) movement does not require education. They are fully aware that the AWB accomplished nothing, that the 'plastic' Glock cannot go through airport scanners undetected. There is no need or point to educating such liars.

The civilian gun industry is a small one - constantly banning and changing the requirements makes guns either most expensive or less profitable, eventually making them out of reach for the lower classes. The class action lawsuits was another strategy to bleed them, up till the NRA and the GOP got that eliminated via legislation.

AWB2 is a trial balloon - if it goes well, the gun grabbers will probably go for broke, and will probably relearn the lessons of the 2000 election. But with the mess that the GOP has made of itself, the price for seizing civil rights might still be bearable. The problem for Obama is that with the state of the economy, I don't think he can afford to gamble political capital on nonsense legislation until everyone is feeling good again.

If you start looking at the economy, the gun industry is one of the very few industries that is absolutely booming right now. Record sales in every area. On the flip side, they all have Uncle O to thank for it, since there's been all of this talk about bans and much higher taxes on ammo. Everyone is getting what they want to get now, before they can't in a couple more months.

If you start looking at the economy, the gun industry is one of the very few industries that is absolutely booming right now. Record sales in every area. On the flip side, they all have Uncle O to thank for it, since there's been all of this talk about bans and much higher taxes on ammo. Everyone is getting what they want to get now, before they can't in a couple more months.

The retail part of the gun industry is no longer booming since demand for their goods has exeeded the supply. Not sure how much of the demand is driven by fear vs greed.

After the AWB goes into effect people will still be able to get their's just like after the original AWB. The only problem will be the price.

I expect that some of the folks who already "got theirs" before the AWB #2 will be able to sell some of their extra hi cap mags for $100/ea.:ph34r:

The rumors of a 500% tax will turn out to be true but it really isn't a gov't tax it's a horders profit.:ph34r:
Same thing with black guns and ammo.

sell some of their extra hi cap mags

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. They're not "hi cap" mags, they're full capacity mags.

Yup. Quite a few people are looking at that $900 rifle knowing that if the bill turns out to be even remotely like the last bill, the now pre-ban rifle will be worth on the upwards of $2500.

Supply has really started to catch up from the major manufactures. Its all the useful stuff made by "smaller" companies like LaRue, Magpul, Vltor and the such that are still suffering from shortages.

If someone is adjudicated as having mental issues and has been committed, there is a record of that...at least in CT where I live. When the gun shop calls the Dept. of Public Safety here to get approval of a firearms purchase, that would come up...as would convictions for felonies, etc.

If the legal system in VA had done their job instead of dropping the ball and not making his mental health issues a matter of record, the VA Tech student killer would never have been able to purchase a firearm. Safeguards for normal firearms purchases are already in place.

Criminals will get firearms illegally....and there is no way to stop it. Look at Mexico with its drug gang problems...or the UK.

What's the problem?
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling