Andy9o8

Mayor Rips FoxNews Anchor a New Asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-nLS6FJtSM

Lansing, Michigan Mayor Virg Bernaro goes after Fox News anchor for suggesting that unionized auto workers take cut in pay (discussion then expands to health benefits) as part of keeping GM & other auto companies afloat. Basically, he says that he's sick of the working guy getting pressured to take pay & benefits cuts, while Wall Street & auto company execs, elected officials and news anchors all get plenty of pay & good benefits.

Fair, balanced & unafraid! We report! You decide!

(Apologies to those who'd like a more detailed summary; you really have to hear the back & forth to make a judgment.)

Basically, he says that he's sick of the working guy getting pressured to take pay & benefits cuts, while Wall Street & auto company execs, elected officials and news anchors all get plenty of pay & good benefits.

If the working guy in question isn't going to have any income at all if his industry fails he's pretty much fucked. If the union guy thinks auto industry execs are earning too much he should petition his union to do something about it.

If he thinks elected officials earn too much he should vote for a change. If he thinks news anchors earn too much he should stop watching television.

But what are the odds that the average working guy could stop watching tv? Better odds he'll win the lottery, huh?
Owned by Remi #?

OMG - I had to listen to this like 3 times.. I *really* don't understand his answers in relation to the question!! It almost looks like this is some edited footage, where the mayor was *actually* being asked something different.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy.. Either he's a dumb fuck, or he actually didn't hear the newsguy properly. It really looks like he's answering a completely different set of questions!! Unbelievable!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

OMG - I had to listen to this like 3 times.. I *really* don't understand his answers in relation to the question!! It almost looks like this is some edited footage, where the mayor was *actually* being asked something different.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy.. Either he's a dumb fuck, or he actually didn't hear the newsguy properly. It really looks like he's answering a completely different set of questions!! Unbelievable!

Well, he is the Mayor of uh, . . . uh, what the hell was he the Mayor of again?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Very misleading title to this thread. At no time did the mayor 'rip the anchor a new one'.

This is just another case of someone hearing what they want to hear and disregarding the rest. It is also another case of someone demonstrating their Fox News derangement syndrome.

First - doesn't he sound like Vezzini in the PRincess Bride?

Second - who here thinks the mayor of Lansing is gonna suggest his most significant voting bloc would take the position that the bloc and his key campaign contributors should bear any burden?

Third - The mayor acted like a dick. I think he ripped himself a new asshole.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Andy needs to try harder next time:S

Agreed. This thread back fired pretty quickly.

Edited: After watching that again, it's fuckin rediculous. He made a complete ass of himself. "GM helped create the middle class in this country.... We've lost something like 2.3 million jobs to China because of the unfair trade." It couldn't possibly be because of wages and benefits demanded by the UAW, right? Dick.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

How about the union auto workers stop asking for insane salaries to do a job that a retarded circus clown could do. They dug their own grave on that one. They don't even have a hard job and they demand all kinds of breaks, bennies, and incentives for doing it. What a bunch of crap. They don't know what a hard days work is and its looking like thy are going to have to learn the hard way when their greed lands them out of work.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

To be even fairer the 70 dollars an hour is, Hourly pay ( average pay is about 28 dollars an hour), bennies, health and pesion cost for people who have retired.
To think an auto worker is making 70 an hour ( 150,000 a year) with bennifits is just silly.

To be even fairer the 70 dollars an hour is, Hourly pay ( average pay is about 28 dollars an hour), bennies, health and pesion cost for people who have retired.
To think an auto worker is making 70 an hour ( 150,000 a year) with bennifits is just silly.

True. The $70 figure includes all the retirees pensions and bennies.

At this point it's moot. The Big 3 can't sustain those figures. Classic case of a union that cooked the golden goose.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Ah. So we're all agreed. Excellent.
Oh, well. Back to Bonfire and "Peeing With A Boner."

What, you still haven't figured out the "Flying Superman", yet? :P

Flying like Superman is the dirty little secret we've all figured out.

I like to refer to it as "the lean!"
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ah. So we're all agreed. Excellent.
Oh, well. Back to Bonfire and "Peeing With A Boner."

What, you still haven't figured out the "Flying Superman", yet? :P

Flying like Superman is the dirty little secret we've all figured out.

So that WAS you who sent me that cease and desist letter. I did honor it.[:/]

My wife is hotter than your wife.