TheAnvil

I respect the President for this...

I've been a bit silent of late, party out of contempt for the current state of politics, partly out of being busy, and partly because I'm not in the mood.

I have to say this about President Obama - when his nominee came under fire (talking about former Senator Tom Daschle here) and his nomination was withdrawn, the President didn't pass the buck. He said 'I screwed up'. Like the man's politics or not, you have to respect that. He took responsibility, even if it was the fault of Daschle and/or presidential staff failing in their own vetting process and not himself. He said, basically, 'I'm the leader. It's my fault.' I like that in a leader.

Personally, even if Daschle DID screw up his taxes, he might have been the best person for the job that the Dems could field. I detest the man's politics and disagreed with the majority of his votes in the Senate, but if he's was the best they could field then once again the zero-defect mentality has deprived the nation of a good servant.

I'm happy to see borking is not occurring, but if a Republican President's nominees had similar transgressions on their record everyone with a three digit IQ KNOWS how the MSM would have reacted to the President and his nominee.

Just so people don't think I've lost my mind, let me reiterate here: I hate TARP, I hate the auto-bailout, I detest FUCKTARD PIECES OF SHIT who support card check, and sure as HELL don't support the moronic government enlargement/spending package some deceitful people refer to as the stimulus bill. Just wanted to make a positive observation about our President, even though I didn't vote for the man.

Tequila,

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Like the man's politics or not, you have to respect that. He took responsibility, even if it was the fault of Daschle and/or presidential staff failing in their own vetting process and not himself. He said, basically, 'I'm the leader. It's my fault.' I like that in a leader.

Its refreshing to have a man in the Oval Office again that believes that the BUCK stops at HIS desk....... rather than the years now that the BUCK was being PASSED from that desk all the time.

But my question is this? Why did Gitner get a pass and Daschle did not? Gitner should have gotten the same treatment as Tommy Boy.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I think that both Gitner and Daschle have their own equities. Gitner may have just made a mistake. Daschle - come on. It's a bit more difficult to explain not paying taxes on the car and driver that were gifted to you.

Each have their issues. I think Obama is getting the idea that this is harder than he thought.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree with you. On the flip-side of that coin, I'm disappointed in his continued support of a Faith-Based Initiative office. I think he should have simply cancelled that organization. "Faith-based" anythings should not have a seat at any table set by our government. If we're going to throw the weight of our givernment (sic) behind charities, that support should be entirely "action-based".

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think that both Gitner and Daschle have their own equities. Gitner may have just made a mistake. Daschle - come on. It's a bit more difficult to explain not paying taxes on the car and driver that were gifted to you.

Each have their issues. I think Obama is getting the idea that this is harder than he thought.

Isn't it just the opposite? Geithner was given money to pay the taxes. He kept the money, but didn't pay the taxes. It seems that his error was larger.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

He said 'I screwed up'. Like the man's politics or not, you have to respect that. He took responsibility,

But why didn't it come earlier. On Monday he was "absolutley standing with Tom Daschle." On Tuesday, another one bites the bus wheel. No new information surfaced. Nothing changed.

What is he saying he screwed up? The vetting process? If so he had plenty of time to rectify the situation.

were is the liberal loving media now? a few months back they filled the air waves with shit about how Palin was vetted and now when the new apointed god of the nation does the same we see nothing about it on the liberal news nor any voices from the left. I guess fair play doen't work in when the left is invloved.

What is he saying he screwed up? The vetting process? If so he had plenty of time to rectify the situation.

were is the liberal loving media now? a few months back they filled the air waves with shit about how Palin was vetted and now when the new apointed god of the nation does the same we see nothing about it on the liberal news nor any voices from the left. I guess fair play doen't work in when the left is invloved.

The difference is in the admitting you screwed up part. The Republicans kept saying that they knew exactly what they were getting with Palin.

As she kept screwing up, that seemed less and less likely. That was the story.

>a few months back they filled the air waves with shit about how Palin was
>vetted and now when the new apointed god of the nation does the same
>we see nothing about it on the liberal news nor any voices from the left.

Google News Search: Daschle Tax Problems
Results 1 - 10 of about 11,344 for daschle tax problems

If "nothing" to you equals over 11,000 stories - then you're about as selective as they come.

Are you one of those people who believe that the press is so unfair based on what you hear Rush Limbaugh say about it? If so, actually looking at what the news media reports, instead of listening to conservative commentators say about it, may be educational.

The bottom line is, he said he felt he screwed-up. That's a helluva lot more than I've ever heard out of any other duckin' and dodgin' spin-doctor fed politician I've heard in the past!!! What I'm curious of is, what do you want from him? The man has only been in office a couple weeks or so and has one helluva mess that was left him to clean-up.

Chuck

The bottom line is, he said he felt he screwed-up. That's a helluva lot more than I've ever heard out of any other duckin' and dodgin' spin-doctor fed politician I've heard in the past!!! What I'm curious of is, what do you want from him? The man has only been in office a couple weeks or so and has one helluva mess that was left him to clean-up.

I don't expect much from him. I see straight through him. Additionally, I disagree that the mess is his to clean up. We place WAY to much importance on the job, as if we need a king. We place WAY too much blame on the job, as if we need a whipping boy. The economy has ups and downs. If left alone, it will recover on its own, and will be much the better for it. The best thing the Feds can do right now is cut taxes, provide some housing incentive, spend a very small amount on shovel ready programs, then get the hell out of the way. Instead, he is trying to sell this HUGE spending program with fear. It will be devastating years down the road. It's the ecomomic equivalent of a PIO.

My question is when he admitted he screwed up - what did he screw up? The day before, he was behind TD all the way. Now that TD pulls out, he feels he must address it in some manner, but he doesn't explain it. Geithner is still in. He has yet to lead. He's an essay in hipocracy and inconsistency. I don't think he has it in him to be presidential. We'll see.

I don't expect much from him. I see straight through him. Additionally, I disagree that the mess is his to clean up. We place WAY to much importance on the job, as if we need a king. We place WAY too much blame on the job, as if we need a whipping boy. The economy has ups and downs. If left alone, it will recover on its own, and will be much the better for it. The best thing the Feds can do right now is cut taxes, provide some housing incentive, spend a very small amount on shovel ready programs, then get the hell out of the way. Instead, he is trying to sell this HUGE spending program with fear. It will be devastating years down the road. It's the ecomomic equivalent of a PIO.

My question is when he admitted he screwed up - what did he screw up? The day before, he was behind TD all the way. Now that TD pulls out, he feels he must address it in some manner, but he doesn't explain it. Geithner is still in. He has yet to lead. He's an essay in hipocracy and inconsistency. I don't think he has it in him to be presidential. We'll see.

Your point on the cycles of the economy echo billvons. But to that point is why they/he needs to get something done fast. So he can take credit.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It says volumes about the integrity of our last few Presidents when we all are surprised when one of them acts in a mature fashion. Admitting your own mistakes and taking responsibility for them is something that should be so common that we should be astonished when they don't admit fault, yet we have all come to accept it as the norm for them not to.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

>a few months back they filled the air waves with shit about how Palin was
>vetted and now when the new apointed god of the nation does the same
>we see nothing about it on the liberal news nor any voices from the left.

Google News Search: Daschle Tax Problems
Results 1 - 10 of about 11,344 for daschle tax problems

If "nothing" to you equals over 11,000 stories - then you're about as selective as they come.

Are you one of those people who believe that the press is so unfair based on what you hear Rush Limbaugh say about it? If so, actually looking at what the news media reports, instead of listening to conservative commentators say about it, may be educational.

i have never listened to Rush, I do listen to or watch several news stations, and the only ones i find that actually go into detail about what is going on is stations like fox. Cnn and the others are so in love with Obama that they can't seem to actually report what is actually happening, only what is on the surface. Maybe it is my timing on when I watch but i don't think so.

The difference is in the admitting you screwed up part. The Republicans kept saying that they knew exactly what they were getting with Palin.

As she kept screwing up, that seemed less and less likely. That was the story.

who cares about admitting? the issue is they aren't any better. instead of reporting the about the real issues the left media was stuck on Obama the great and how bad the rep party was. Fair play deems they do the same when Obama does the same but I guess their bias won't let them.

But to that point is why they/he [Obama] needs to get something done fast. So he can take credit.

Well, now that's silly. The economy is a president's bailiwick. If Obama's administration's policies help, of course they'll take credit. Just as if their efforts fail, they'll get the blame. But you think "credit" is Obama's main motivation? Man, you really hate his guts, don't you?

But to that point is why they/he [Obama] needs to get something done fast. So he can take credit.

Well, now that's silly. The economy is a president's bailiwick. If Obama's administration's policies help, of course they'll take credit. Just as if their efforts fail, they'll get the blame. But you think "credit" is Obama's main motivation? Man, you really hate his guts, don't you?

No, dont hate him at all. (I dont trust him or like where he is trying to take the country) I would make the same comments for Bush or any president.

I agree with the credit/blame going to the pres but I think in the end it is congress that should take either.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln