gjhdiver

Goodbye my faithful bumper sticker

So, Bush drove us into the ditch. Define for me , specifically if you can, what exactly you mean by that?

Sigh. Let's say one party take the reigns of a country that it at peace, has huge budget surpluses and a thriving economy, and controls all three branches of government. After eight years of their careful stewardship, the country is embroiled in two wars, teetering on the brink of a financial crisis to rival the great depression, and trillions of dollars in debt to foreign powers, one might think it only reasonable to point a finger at the monkey at the top of the tree. Like George, it's really quite simple.

As for Obama, the fact that he can dress himself without a nurse is enough for me right now. Bush set the bar so low for him that I have literally no expectations of him whatsoever. He may fuck it up too in time, but right now, the one thing that's really beyond debate is just how truly bad Bush was.

So, Bush drove us into the ditch. Define for me , specifically if you can, what exactly you mean by that?

Sigh. Let's say one party take the reigns of a country that it at peace, has huge budget surpluses and a thriving economy, and controls all three branches of government. After eight years of their careful stewardship, the country is embroiled in two wars, teetering on the brink of a financial crisis to rival the great depression, and trillions of dollars in debt to foreign powers, one might think it only reasonable to point a finger at the monkey at the top of the tree. Like George, it's really quite simple.

As for Obama, the fact that he can dress himself without a nurse is enough for me right now. Bush set the bar so low for him that I have literally no expectations of him whatsoever. He may fuck it up too in time, but right now, the one thing that's really beyond debate is just how truly bad Bush was.

Thanks

I knew you could not answer it honestly. Oh, and broad generalizations are not answers. You listed issues in general but, to asign blame takes specifics. You have none because there are none. As for the war, you dont agree with it. I understand that even though I do not agree with you. However, an opinion again does not say he drove the country into a ditch.

As for the finaial mess, while some of the blame could be laid at the exessive gov spending that Bush allowed, the bigger portion lays elswhere. Fannie and Freddie started the ball rolling. There are specific laws that allowed this mess to grow. All that happened long befor Bush was in office. In early 2000 Frank and ditz Senator from California said Fannie and Freddie where sound and that politics was all that was involved in the report predicting exactly what happened. If you do not allow yourself to see the real problem you are doomed not to fix it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I knew you could not answer it honestly

Sigh, ad hominem. The last resort when your argument has failed. You don't get to set parameters for answers BTW, when your initial query is so broad based and vague as to defy a a narrow interpretation.

Also, your explanation of the financial situation is pure comedy. As someone who worked on the Pacific Options floor for over 10 years, if you can't follow the trail back to those responsible, I can't help you.

Anyway, I suggest you just cut and paste this in future to all points of view that you don't agree with.

I don't care what the facts are, as long as I get to claim victory on an unrelated little read internet forum.

There you go, I'll let you have the last word if you want it, as I think this thread has accomplished all I set out to do :)

I knew you could not answer it honestly

Sigh, ad hominem. The last resort when your argument has failed. You don't get to set parameters for answers BTW, when your initial query is so broad based and vague as to defy a a narrow interpretation.

Also, your explanation of the financial situation is pure comedy. As someone who worked on the Pacific Options floor for over 10 years, if you can't follow the trail back to those responsible, I can't help you.

Anyway, I suggest you just cut and paste this in future to all points of view that you don't agree with.

I don't care what the facts are, as long as I get to claim victory on an unrelated little read internet forum.

There you go, I'll let you have the last word if you want it, as I think this thread has accomplished all I set out to do :)

You pick one piece of my reply and say this????:D

Thanks, I needed this!:D

At least I listed some range of specifics!:D

And if you set out to look silly, well, you did it!! wo ho
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nice to see you're so tolerant. Notice that once again, the left believes in peace and love and tolerance until someone comes along that they disagree with. Then - by the OP's own admission, they'd like to see them die.

I don't get it. When conservatives disagree with a liberal, they argue the issues. When liberals disagree with a conservative, they want to get violent. That's not the kind of tolerance I was taught. So much for peace and love.>:(

Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>however what exactly has Obama accomplished with these abilities
>throughout his political career? Nothing of significance IMO.

Well, I'd say being elected to both state and US senate is something of an accomplishment, more than I (and more than most) will ever accomplish. He's introduced over 250 bills in the Senate and co-sponsored nearly 1000.

And how many of his authored bills were passed. That number would clear up the whole "capable" vs "accomplished" issue.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Nice to see you're so tolerant. Notice that once again, the left believes in peace and love and tolerance until someone comes along that they disagree with. Then - by the OP's own admission, they'd like to see them die.

I don't get it. When conservatives disagree with a liberal, they argue the issues. When liberals disagree with a conservative, they want to get violent. That's not the kind of tolerance I was taught. So much for peace and love.>:(

I think it's really that the liberals have a wider cross section and the less literate and more emotional types tend to be loudmouths so that's what we see. It's hard to see the more rational types through that screen.

Much like the liberals only tend to see the emotional religious freaks and not the mainstream rational types.

The conservative loudmouths are REALLY loud, so they cover up the main body of decent types.

The liberals just have a lot more loudmouths at nearly the same level - they have a lot more emotive type issues that make the stupid blind to rational discussions.

edit: it's a shame, when the calmer versions of each team debate, it's really pretty interesting and informative

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants