rushmc

Way to Go Canada!!!

So basically you have judged him to be guilty.. where our constitution and laws have not. I see you really have joind the thought police.

jeanne, he admitted guilt. he's guilty. just because he hasn't been convicted, doesn't mean the bombs didn't explode.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Will they? I have never heard that. The US is the only country I know of that worries about stuff like that. I could be wrong.

Nope he is right.. I was going up to Canada with an old guy to go fishing out at Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. We had been up there two weeks before and his friend had got tossed against a gunnel in some rough seas. We had to bring him home. We left the boat up there with the intent of returning. Upon trying to reenter .. something he had done severl times a year for the last 25 years.. some Canadian border guy.. bored at 11 pm at night did a background check on him... Christ you would have thought the old guy was fucking public enemy number one on the FBI's most wanted list.. Apparently 4o years ago... like many a young guy he liked to drink.. get in fights.... I am sure you know the type. He had a drunk driving arrest.. and a couple arrests for fighting. They denied him entry... after literally arresting him for 4 hours. The guy is diabetic.. and is very old.. and can barely get around with a cane.

He went thru the months long process they demanded of him...so that he could drive thru BC to get to his place in Alaska.. just as he had done for many many years.

ONce he paid his money to the Canadian government though.... he was deemed now innocent and not a threat to the good people of Canada.. It only cost a couple thousand dollars US to buy innocence.

Since then he refuses to spend a dime in Canada.. he has a trailer with all the fuel he needs to make it up to AK... he also does not spend money for any services there. No hotels... no restaurants...he no longer fishes in CAnadian waters... so he does not spend the large amounts of money he used to for licenses.. fuel bait moorage... you get the picture. Who lost out on that deal.. I would say your tourist industry has.

what does that matter? he's a bad guy. just because domeone hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law doesn't mean they aren't guilty. i've never been proven guilty of smoking pot in a court of law, so does that mean i've never smoked pot? i've never been proven guitly of underage drinking, so does that mean i've never had a drop of alcohol until i turned 21? just because someone hasn't been convicted of something doesn't mean they didn't do it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Will they? I have never heard that. The US is the only country I know of that worries about stuff like that. I could be wrong.

Nope he is right.. I was going up to Canada with an old guy to go fishing out at Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. We had been up there two weeks before and his friend had got tossed against a gunnel in some rough seas. We had to bring him home. We left the boat up there with the intent of returning. Upon trying to reenter .. something he had done severl times a year for the last 25 years.. some Canadian border guy.. bored at 11 pm at night did a background check on him... Christ you would have thought the old guy was fucking public enemy number one on the FBI's most wanted list.. Apparently 4o years ago... like many a young guy he liked to drink.. get in fights.... I am sure you know the type. He had a drunk driving arrest.. and a couple arrests for fighting. They denied him entry... after literally arresting him for 4 hours. The guy is diabetic.. and is very old.. and can barely get around with a cane.

He went thru the months long process they demanded of him...so that he could drive thru BC to get to his place in Alaska.. just as he had done for many many years.

ONce he paid his money to the Canadian government though.... he was deemed now innocent and not a threat to the good people of Canada.. It only cost a couple thousand dollars US to buy innocence.

Since then he refuses to spend a dime in Canada.. he has a trailer with all the fuel he needs to make it up to AK... he also does not spend money for any services there. No hotels... no restaurants...he no longer fishes in CAnadian waters... so he does not spend the large amounts of money he used to for licenses.. fuel bait moorage... you get the picture. Who lost out on that deal.. I would say your tourist industry has.

Hmm, I didn't know they were doing that. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me. Probably a tit for tat kind of thing. The US used to refuse people for drug offenses routinely, but since 9-11 any offense whatsoever is a guaranteed refusal. I know several people who purchase an entry waiver every three years for 25 year old infractions.
You are right this kind of bullshit costs the tourism industry money. There is a group that wants to move our nationals later in the year. Weather means it would have to be held in the US (TK is all over this one). One of the main problems is that too many people cannot enter the US. It is far cheaper to fly to Eloy from here than to Montreal, but the number of folks from Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver who are stamping their feet with impatience waiting for the Montreal tunnel is impressive.

i've heard of several instances of canada refusing entry because of a dui. i believe a dui is a felony up there.

Felony is an American term but there are two types of dui charges in Canada; a summary offense and an indictable offense are similar to misdemeanor and felony. Generally one's first offense would not be prosecuted as an indictable offense unless there were grievous injuries or death.

i've heard of several instances of canada refusing entry because of a dui. i believe a dui is a felony up there.

Felony is an American term but there are two types of dui charges in Canada; a summary offense and an indictable offense are similar to misdemeanor and felony. Generally one's first offense would not be prosecuted as an indictable offense unless there were grievous injuries or death.

This started up a few years ago when access to records was available (thanks to technology). It's not just DUIs- any serious offense, and per this the Canadians take DUI's much more seriously than we ever have. Doesn't matter when it occurred, either.

Of course they'll let in Bush as the standing President. I wonder if they'd tell him to piss off in retirement, though.

Why is that a "way to go"?

.jim

Cause they kept a terrorist out of their country.

So... You're proud of Canada for keeping a "ter'rist!" out of THEIR country, and keeping him in YOUR country... and... that's a "way to go"? :D

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

.jim

So... You're proud of Canada for keeping a "ter'rist!" out of THEIR country, and keeping him in YOUR country... and... that's a "way to go"? :D

.jim

Yep. When the only other option is to let him in, I'd say it was the smart move.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Oh it does matter.. as long as you pay your money to allow Canada to declare you no longer a threat.. Nice extortion racket they have up there. I have a friend that went thru the process of being deemed innocent.. pf any actual crime... well at least once he paid the couple thousand dollars or so.

Uhh..goes both ways...same BS for Canadians getting into the US if CBP doesn't like the cut of your jib

.jim

.jim

:D
Now this is one desperate fucked up post!!!:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Its the mindset of enemies of the constitution.

The fact that Ayers was never convicted of anything.. does not matter to those who believe you are guilty until proven innocent of thought crimes against all that is RIGHT and HOLY.

Um - I hate to break it to you, but "the court of international opinion" is different from a court of US Law.

Ayers admitted to planting a bombs. EH admitted to his roles. He was never convicted, but "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal term. It means that the US government never stripped him of his freedoms as a result. That, of course, is why he admitted doing it! The US agreed not to prosecute. Give people complete immunity for something and they sing. Does that mean that they are innocent?

My wife is hotter than your wife.