Twoply

Anyone want to give me the 5 minute rundown of what's going on over in Israel?

I think it is clear that neither the Muslims nor the Jews can justly rule Jerusalem. What is obviously needed is for a new Kingdom of Jerusalem run by Christians. That way everyone will be able to live and worship in peace. Perhaps some former western leaders can get together and raise an army to take the city and restore it to it's former glory. It's the only solution.
I know Bush is a protestant and Blair a Catholic, but they have already proven they can work together for the good of the middle east and the whole world.
What do you think.

I say fuck it. Why would we in America or Europe want to rule Jerusalem? It's just a very old city.

It's just a big focal point for war-mongering apocalyptic religious nuts. The best thing we can do is just not participate.

We should abandon that part of the Middle East until it fades into an ideological backwater, and after that it can be a historical tourist attraction. If that means we need to abandon the control of the area for oil, then so be it. Things will be more expensive for awhile, but it will force us to develop alternative energy sources.

By constantly fucking around over there & keeping a military presence there (when we wouldn't tolerate them doing that to us) we are just painting a huge target on our backs. These people (on whatever side) cannot be cowed into peace by our sheer military might. They are religiously-motivated, and have been fighting for thousands of years.

Let's get out of their way. I'm just sick of their shit.

:|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Before the formation of Israel there were people of all faiths living on the land. There was no single oppressive power that segregated, and dehumanized the rest.

Not true at all.

Go back & re-read history.

There have been several times where various "single oppressive regimes" segregated & dehumanized the people living in that area.

You got that right. That area has seen more slaughtering than a Chicago pork packing house. (Oh, the blasphemy).

At one point in history though, the Muslim rulers were the tolerant ones; allowing Christians, Jews and others a decent amount of religious freedom.

Ah, for the good old days.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

See, Abraham was worried his wife couldn't have a child at her age, so he slept with one of their "servants" which would father a son. Abraham's wife also became pregnant with a son. Those two sons hated each other. Traditionally Palestine's are considered descendants of the "servant" and the traditional tribes of Israel.

So for the last about 4000 years or so people have hated each other.

I can see that a new peace talk will work so very well, huh?

Yeah, and what really seems to piss them all off is to remind them they are all of the same Arab stock. Formerly considered to be solid based on archaeological evidence; now proven by genetic research. They are 2 groups of Semitic Arabs in the middle of a 4000 year old family squabble.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>I am guite shure Israel is only going after stratigic targets and their aiming
>systems are just as accurate as any American system.

Dude, they ARE american systems.

>On the other hand Hamas fire rockets not knowing where they will land, they just
>hope they'll kill or destroy something.

Correct. If we gave them such systems as well, they'd target military installations and infrastructure. But they don't have such systems.

Same GOD..

Different prophets....sheep herders or goat herders.

Same thing with Christianity as a whole. Same god, same prophet, HUGE problems, right? For all of these religions that teach peace, all of this war. Since the dawn of time, all of this war. Its not just the "modern" or the "big three" religions, either. History has examples across all of humanity in which religion was the excuse for violence.

Honestly, after all of this time someone should have figured things out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

bullshit. "religious" conflict is actually a cover for something else. Take away religion, you still get the wars. Religion is just a facade.

as evidence: the Western World in the last 4 centuries:S:S HUGE wars. NOT about religion.:S

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Some religous people are killing other religous people because their god is better.

Same GOD..

1000's of years of warfare based on sheeps versus goats?

Almost as bad as grown men arguing Ford versus Chevy.

I say fuck it. Why would we in America or Europe want to rule Jerusalem? It's just a very old city.

It's just a big focal point for war-mongering apocalyptic religious nuts. The best thing we can do is just not participate.

We should abandon that part of the Middle East until it fades into an ideological backwater, and after that it can be a historical tourist attraction. If that means we need to abandon the control of the area for oil, then so be it. Things will be more expensive for awhile, but it will force us to develop alternative energy sources.

By constantly fucking around over there & keeping a military presence there (when we wouldn't tolerate them doing that to us) we are just painting a huge target on our backs. These people (on whatever side) cannot be cowed into peace by our sheer military might. They are religiously-motivated, and have been fighting for thousands of years.

Let's get out of their way. I'm just sick of their shit.

:|

That's not a bad idea. Get out of their territory and let them fight to the death once and for all. It worked for Europe; they finally stumbled forward out of the Darkness of dynastic families and Holy Rule and all the BS that goes with it. Give the Middle East a chance and maybe they can get thru this violent phase of their social evolution.

The problem is that a few of them have nukes. We'd have to disarm them or they would most likely start some really serious shit and pull us all down the road to a nuclear holocaust.

So we get them to cough up their nukes, and promise no intervention by outside parties. We send them to their corners, ring the bell, and they hack at each other mercilessly until they all finally get their fill of death and destruction in the name of God/Allah/Whoever, or one destroys the other.

Gotta love The Onion.

Straightforward, funny, clearly made points.

Some religous people are killing other religous people because their god is better.

Same GOD..

To quote Muttley when I first woke her up this morning...

My god is better than your god
My god is better than your's
My god is better than your god
Cuz he can fart lightning

:D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)