Andrewwhyte

Good news for Christians from the world of science

I am not the religious so dont flame. But why is it that some on here have such a hard on or hate for people who have are religious in some way?

Because it's the last bastion of stupidity in a rational world, and the last bad excuse for discrimination and oppression.

That do for an answer ?

Because it's the last bastion of stupidity in a rational world,

So anybody who has some sort of faith is stupid?

and the last bad excuse for discrimination and oppression.

What church did you step into that discriminated against anyone?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

That depends on what you call faith. If you define faith as the acceptance of a statement as true without evidence for it, or in the face of evidence against it, then yes, I'd say that's pretty stupid.

you do realise the many of us put our faith in science and our faith in the belief that what we hold true is in fact true.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Are you aware of just what went down in California with Prop 8?

So just because someone voted for prop 8 they must be a bible thumpin idiot? More people than just the church voted for it. I love the left. Have an open mind unless you dont think like us.

you do realise the many of us put our faith in science

Well you don't have to. You do not need faith in science if you take the time to learn how and why it works. You never know, it might even stop some of the blatant misrepresentations and misunderstandings of science that we see in here on a regular basis. Resorting to faith is pure laziness and is fundamentally stupid.

and our faith in the belief that what we hold true is in fact true.

Now there's a rhetorical tautology if ever I saw one.

So just because someone voted for prop 8 they must be a bible thumpin idiot? More people than just the church voted for it. I love the left. Have an open mind unless you dont think like us.

Don't put words in my mouth. All I did was ask a simple question based on your statement.

Are you aware of who created the Proposition to begin with and who the major sponsors were?

If you ask a question "What church did you step into that discriminated against anyone?" and think churches do NOT discriminate against people, then you're fooling yourself.

In some cases it's not even passive discrimination but very active discrimination attempting to take away the rights of others.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Because it's the last bastion of stupidity in a rational world,

and the last bad excuse for discrimination and oppression.

What church did you step into that discriminated against anyone?

it not because of religious beliefs that proposition 8 was passed in CA? you don't think what happened to all of those people is discrimination? is not religion that that fuels the fight to take women's rights away re: abortion/roe v wade? religion has been the cause of massive human rights violations and even genocide, and decimation of entire societies since the beginning of time...hasn't history taught us anything?

seriously? there's nothing wrong with faith. that's the beauty of freedom - you can believe in whatever you want, but you don't get to govern what anyone else believes. don't believe in homosexuality? don't sleep with same sex partners. against abortion? don't have one! that can apply to any activity deemed inappropriate or sinful. and POOF! problem solved. leave the rest of us alone.
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

Don't put words in my mouth.

Why not? You seem to be very good at doing that with other people here who dont follow your line of thinking.

and think churches do NOT discriminate against people, then you're fooling yourself.

And if you think all churches discriminate your foolin youself. The ones I have been in always promoted the good in people. And not 1 that have I ever been to said, well your gay, no church for you. Or no blacks allowed.

is not religion that that fuels the fight to take women's rights away re: abortion/roe v wade?

I am against abortion and I cannot tell you the last time I was in a church. I am against it but really dont give 2 shits either way. If some chik wants to go give a baby the Shop Vac treament. Go ahead. Take the easy way out.

religion has been the cause of massive human rights violations and even genocide, and decimation of entire societies since the beginning of time...hasn't history taught us anything?

SO whats your solution? Ban all religion? That will show them.

POOF! problem solved. leave the rest of us alone.

Man if the left could understand that I would be so much more happy. Should I make a list of shit the left wants to ban or restrict because they dont like it or think they have to tell us how to live?

you do realise the many of us put our faith in science

Well you don't have to. You do not need faith in science if you take the time to learn how and why it works. You never know, it might even stop some of the blatant misrepresentations and misunderstandings of science that we see in here on a regular basis. Resorting to faith is pure laziness and is fundamentally stupid.

and our faith in the belief that what we hold true is in fact true.

Now there's a rhetorical tautology if ever I saw one.

it maybe, but it still holds true that we THINK we know the facts all of this can be proven to be incorrect with new advances or discoveries in the future..
Everything we TRUST to be true is based on our FAITH that the current understandings pf physics and science are true and correct. They MAY at some point in the future be proven incorrect.

There is nothing rhetorical about that, it's what underpins all GOOD scientific thought.

BTW I am an atheist and hold a Science Degree with double majors plus post grad quals, I'm not a god botherer. But Science is based on Faith.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

is not religion that that fuels the fight to take women's rights away re: abortion/roe v wade?

I am against abortion and I cannot tell you the last time I was in a church. I am against it but really dont give 2 shits either way. If some chik wants to go give a baby the Shop Vac treament. Go ahead. Take the easy way out.

well, there ya go. you don't give 2 shits...that's fine! you don't have to. but you're also not letting your opposition to abortion affect the ability for women to make their own choices....easy way out or not.

religion has been the cause of massive human rights violations and even genocide, and decimation of entire societies since the beginning of time...hasn't history taught us anything?

SO whats your solution? Ban all religion? That will show them.

of course not...then i'd be no better then the people i'm complaining about lol. truth is, i don't have a solution. i just see a problem. it makes me sad that such needless violence and gratuitous loss of life continues to occur in the name of "religion"...ALL of them. what peace occurs or exists anywhere in the world because of religion? that has to mean something to those who believe in a higher power....isn't that kind of the opposite of what it's supposed to do for people?

POOF! problem solved. leave the rest of us alone.

Man if the left could understand that I would be so much more happy. Should I make a list of shit the left wants to ban or restrict because they dont like it or think they have to tell us how to live?

i'd like to see that list. i'm not even being facetious. i really would...i'm curious.
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

it maybe, but it still holds true that we THINK we know the facts all of this can be proven to be incorrect with new advances or discoveries in the future..
Everything we TRUST to be true is based on our FAITH that the current understandings pf physics and science are true and correct. They MAY at some point in the future be proven incorrect.

There is nothing rhetorical about that, it's what underpins all GOOD scientific thought.

BTW I am an atheist and hold a Science Degree with double majors plus post grad quals, I'm not a god botherer. But Science is based on Faith.

With your definition, absolutely everything is based on faith. You have faith that your eyes do not decieve you, that your observations are accurate, that you are actually on a planet called earth and not a brain in a jar connected to the matrix. Your definition is self-consistent but only because it is so wide that it encompasses absolutely everything, and for that reason it is quite useless.

Science is based on the unprovable axiom that we might actually be able to know something about the universe. If that is not true, then we can know precicely nothing about anything. But we do appear to be in a universe where we can make repeatable observations. Therefore we can know something about the universe we appear to be in by using epiricism and logic. If you want to take that and call it faith, then go ahead but we won't be able to communicate further since we are not speaking the same language.

If you want to take that and call it faith, then go ahead but we won't be able to communicate further since we are not speaking the same language.

Yes i do want to, so now STFU
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you want to take that and call it faith, then go ahead but we won't be able to communicate further since we are not speaking the same language.

Friendly chap ain't ya.
you lied>:(
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Friendly chap ain't ya.

You're upset. Was it something I said? :)

Friendly chap ain't ya.

not at all, most of what i have read from you says very very little
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

not at all, most of what i have read from you says very very little

If I haven't said anything, why are you so mad at me?
i'm not even remotely agitated, but i do wonder why you are still communicating with me when you expressively said you wouldn't. please stand by your word.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't put words in my mouth. All I did was ask a simple question based on your statement.

And it looks to me that he made a statment based on what you and others posted on the thread.

I personally think that hating and looking down on those of faith deals primarily on how one wants to look at self responsibilities.

But that is just me......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln