Vallerina

Problems that stem from gay marriages

they want the instituation of marriage which is a religious binding which is to take place before God.

He wasn't at MY wedding.

And I married a chick!!!

He also forgot to leave a gift, sign the attendees list, and was too cheap to sign up for my wife's bridal registry. I know he had the money for it, because most parishoners tithe 10%, right?

(There WAS a beer truck there, though. Maybe God was driving it.)

;):):):)
"Get these balls!"

Really???
Although many in the religious world are hypocrits to catagorize everyone as such is rediculous!
Have you ever read matthew 7?
1"(A)Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and (B)by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you (C)look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

4"(D)Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

5"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

6"(E)Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

He is talking about hypocritical judgement. The speck was still removed from the brothers eye but after the plank was removed first. If the speck is to be removed then judgement must take place but you must not do it in a hypocritical manner. If you are going to quote the bible please do it correctly.

And if the rest of you who are not religious are so non-judgemental then why are you so judgemental in all your posts here? The above quote is a great example of not only judging but the hypocritical judgement that was really spoken about in that he didn't know what the bible really says.

Why would you use scripture to explain why all us heathens should behave a certain way?

Also, I wasn't being judgmental. I was just observing what was already posted.

Why does no one ever quote the song of Solomon from the Bible, you know, where Solomon sings about tits and beer? (Well, WINE, actually):

"Song of Solomon

Chapter 1

The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. "

Oh, I SEE! THere was a BLACK MAN IN THE BIBLE!!!!

GOD FORBID!!!
"Get these balls!"

It also addresses interracial marriage, I guess that's why most Christians fail to READ that particular portion of the Bible, being all white and above everyone else, and all:

"I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand. "

Seems to me, you pick and choose what you WANT to read, while ignoring everything else that's in the book.

READ THE WHOLE STORY.

(But don't watch the Passion, that movie SUCKED. BIG time.)

:)

"Get these balls!"

I was raised in one of the most Christian towns in the country (Billy Graham Center, Wheaton College, more churches per capita than any other town in the US, etc).

I saw Graham, and I thought of Charlotte, NC which at one point had the most churches AND strip clubs per capita... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I was raised in one of the most Christian towns in the country (Billy Graham Center, Wheaton College, more churches per capita than any other town in the US, etc).

I saw Graham, and I thought of Charlotte, NC which at one point had the most churches AND strip clubs per capita... :P

I don't think there's a single strip club in Wheaton, IL. Wheaton College didn't even allow dancing until 2003, and it was a huge deal when they had a dance ending that.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/11/14/wheaton.dance.ap/

I don't think there's a single strip club in Wheaton, IL. Wheaton College didn't even allow dancing until 2003, and it was a huge deal when they had a dance ending that.

Wheaton IL is also a dry city/town.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

in keeping with the thread how about Ezekiel 23:20

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." :o

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Not anymore, but it was for a long time.

Can't sell booze before noon on Sunday though.

Not anymore, but it was for a long time.

Can't sell booze before noon on Sunday though.

Did they allow for bars? or is that still a no-no?

Oh and the noon on Sunday is actually common in a few places. I have been to several Jewels through out the Chicagoland area that wouldn't sell booze before noon on Sunday.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

You are welcome to believe what you wish and practice it for your self, however the idea of America is freedom. For you to do what you wish and for two gay men to do what they wish. As long as we are not directly effecting each other then to each his own.
Basically you don’t have to believe it is right to believe they have the right.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

We have a campus in Wheaton! Just goes to show that there's always an exception.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Basically you don’t have to believe it is right to believe they have the right.

I second that. Very well said! There is a huge difference between believing something is right and allowing someone else to choose what is right for them.

Very well said!
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Why do people not want gay marriage and say it will lead to other things.....because it is a fight to breakdown and destroy religion....it is a fight to remove the ideas of right and wrong.....

Three letters for you: WTF?

#1 This thread was started as a joke. Some did not get that. Some got it but didn't think it was funny. Some found the humor in it. The rest are setting up their doggies in arranged marriages to partake in the next big Canine Wedding.

#2 If people getting married is the breakdown of religion and morality, then neither one of those must be all that strong to begin with. Well, unless those people getting married show up with ammo and declare a war. To my knowledge, that has never happened here.

but they want the religious instituation of marriage.

#3 I am a straight Atheist. I have the right to get married. If I ever get married, it will be in a courthouse or in a Vegas hotel (or drive through!) It was already said, but marriage is NOT a religious institution.

The point being is that it is a choice one makes and that decision is made as a result of psychological influences.

#4 People still believe that crap? I'm floored!

#5 For those that are unclear of my stance, I am all for gay marriage. I just happened to see that they had a dog wedding in the Chicago area, and I laughed and was reminded of all the "if you let gays marry, people will end up marrying multiple people and animals" argument.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

#1 This thread was started as a joke. Some did not get that. Some got it but didn't think it was funny. Some found the humor in it. The rest are setting up their doggies in arranged marriages to partake in the next big Canine Wedding.

I don't think you're allowed to be funny in speakers corner. Someone else tried that in another thread I've been reading and it didn't work out for them either. These people are way too serious.

#3 I am a straight Atheist. I have the right to get married. If I ever get married, it will be in a courthouse or in a Vegas hotel (or drive through!) It was already said, but marriage is NOT a religious institution.

If it was a religiuos institution the government might not be able to have a say in it, if you believe in that seperation of church and state nonsense. The problem is that then the church wouldn't let gays marry either. I'm all for gays getting married also. If they're going to make any laws about marriage it should be to mandate a 7 year waiting period.

#5 For those that are unclear of my stance, I am all for gay marriage. I just happened to see that they had a dog wedding in the Chicago area, and I laughed and was reminded of all the "if you let gays marry, people will end up marrying multiple people and animals" argument.

When I first read this I assumed you were saying people were going to marry animals, I hope that's the case, because that is funny.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

When I first read this I assumed you were saying people were going to marry animals, I hope that's the case, because that is funny.

Well... as I've said before... when I was 18, I married an ass in North Carolina and no one there lifted an eyebrow. [:/]
Owned by Remi #?

Well... as I've said before... when I was 18, I married an ass in North Carolina and no one there lifted an eyebrow. [:/]

That's cuz women marry asses and men marry bitches every day... :P

Oh and Val, if you wanna have a sense of humor, go to The Bonfire... :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.