riddler

Is Rush Limbaugh a terrorist?

Again, people wouldn't have any problems with it if it weren't the case that AM radio is predominantly conservative.

And what was it before the deregulation of the mid-1980s? Oh, that's right it actually -was- fair and balanced because it required access be given to opposing viewpoints.

Is NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, fair and balanced? Did they provide fair and balance coverage prior to the mid 1980's? Would Rush be allowed equal time to responde on the following day?

Well, we're now AT that "wider level". Talk radio (which is mainly AM) is a very very small spectrum of what is available to people in almost every corner of the country.

My 5 year old car's radio is starting to fail. First to go was my AM radio. Wonder if 'god' is trying to tell me something...:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Again, people wouldn't have any problems with it if it weren't the case that AM radio is predominantly conservative.

And what was it before the deregulation of the mid-1980s? Oh, that's right it actually -was- fair and balanced because it required access be given to opposing viewpoints.

The fairness doctrine is absurd. Shows like Hannity, Limbaugh, and Boortz are successful because people listen. Air America (the libs attempt) at talk radio failed miserably. No one is stopping the left from putting forth their viewpoints over the airwaves. No one wants to hear it. But in your opinion we should be made to hear it?
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

You don't like Rush and that is fine but comparing him to a terrorist is a reach.

What he said. Encouraging violence and destruction has nothing to do with terrorism. Having a funny name like "Barack Hussein Obama" on the other hand...that's irrefutable proof. :|

Blues,
Dave

Have you noticed that Obama rhymes with Osama?

Damn, never noticed that. OTOH, I had noticed that Barrack rhymes with Iraq, and Hussein rhymes with Insane.

Obama must have thicker skin than a boy who grew up named "Sue."

Why dont you just say you want Air America to come back and get it over with!

What you're saying would be like a business that wanted to put on concerts in a public park. Then, they rope off a HUGE section of the park so that other businesses can't have the same access. Then, they don't play music, but start shouting a single political view point

Kinda like an Obama rally???

People -can't- really decide because they aren't given any other opposing viewpoints.

Kinda like liberal media on all of the major networks???

As I think we've found out recently, a little bit of government regulation really isn't all that bad of an idea.

Preach it brother man!!!! I think the gov. should take over health care to...They should buy bad morgage lones to... they can fix all of our problems:S:S:S:S They have done such a great job up untill now, why stop them:S:S:S:S:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Is all this "fairness doctrine" stuff relevant to the Original Topic?:S

Let's get back to the original topic:

I can't listen to the youtube thing at work, but is Rush enouraging rioting on the radio, and is that or is that not OK?

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I can't listen to the youtube thing at work, but is Rush enouraging rioting on the radio, and is that or is that not OK?

It's absolutely not "Ok," but it also doesn't quite rise to the level of terrorist either. He does run a fine line on inciting a riot and election tampering.

He probably should spend 5 years in Federal Prison, but him getting the death penalty is probably out, which are the two worst case scenarios for inciting a riot and terrorism respectively.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

He probably should spend 5 years in Federal Prison, but him getting the death penalty is probably out, which are the two worst case scenarios for inciting a riot and terrorism respectively.

This really makes me wonder. Just what is terrorism, anyway? Why should Rush be tried for inciting a riot, when the cleric was tried for inciting terrorism?

Or is terrorism a word that the justice system applies to people of a certain faith and/or a certain skin-color?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

This really makes me wonder. Just what is terrorism, anyway? Why should Rush be tried for inciting a riot, when the cleric was tried for inciting terrorism?

Or is terrorism a word that the justice system applies to people of a certain faith and/or a certain skin-color?

It's a matter of levels and a matter of who the group is targeting. It's a matter of trying to get a mass of random individuals or having an organization.

If I called for the people of America to rise up, march on Washington and burn government buildings in protest of some injustice, I don't really have an organization that I'm controlling. I might be inciting a riot, but I don't think that rises to the level of terrorism.

If I also was the leader of an organization that provided the weapons and means of destruction, well, I think clearly that is.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver