headoverheels

Should McCain dump Palin?

Palin is looking more like someone competing with McCain in a primary, than someone running as VP on the ticket.

Would McCain be seen as being incompetent for having picked her to begin with (ok, maybe he already is) and then changing, or would he be seen as someone willing to recognize a mistake and correct it?

Would it increase or decrease the votes for McCain?

Me thinks it's too late. McCain will just be another footnote in history. Along w/ Palin. Why he picked that dumb bitch to start w/ behooves me.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

McCain should have picked Condoleeza Rice as his VP.

While she's certainly smarter than the woman he picked, the trade-off would have been a tougher time selling his "maverick" schtick. Overall, I think she'd have helped him a bit more than Palin, but not a ton.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think she would have been WAAY better than Palin. I don't know why Rice wasn't chosen.

McCain could have really driven home the "experience" argument with Rice on the ticket.

The only reasons I can think of would be :1) she turned down the offer or 2) Neither McCain nor Rice by themselves are "Jesus-y" enough to satisfy the Religious Right.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

WOW that is an interesting concept

i thought , when he first chose her, that it was a desperate move.

If he dumps her now,,, THAT would be even MORE desperate...

.... and evidence of a chaotic situation..

However IF he Chose Hillary!!!!!!! That would light up the message boards and media centers EVERYWHERE!!!! hahahahaha..

jmy

I agree with Bill on this one, it shows flexibility rather than riding the ship to the bottom of the ocean as the R's do so well. He could claim the troopergate issue makes him rethink his choice, of course it would have been good last week when it was discovered she did abuse her power. He has a record as an honest guy, he could say he erred and he wants to make a better choice / tight ship / no corruption here..... besides, what does he have to lose?

Would McCain be seen as being incompetent for having picked her to begin with (ok, maybe he already is) and then changing, or would he be seen as someone willing to recognize a mistake and correct it?

Would it increase or decrease the votes for McCain?

See how it worked for the Democrats in 72.

The only way he gets out of this mess is to have her go hunting with Chaney.

OK, that would dispose of Cheney, what about her? :D

By the time the press is done shoving the microscope up her ass, Sarah Palin is going to regret the day she said yes to the VP gig.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27310999

Abuse of power, abuse of state funds, what's next?

Reformer?????B|

I guess she learned the ropes from Sen. Stevens.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

By the time the press is done shoving the microscope up her ass, Sarah Palin is going to regret the day she said yes to the VP gig.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27310999

Abuse of power, abuse of state funds, what's next?

Reformer?????B|

No one will remember who was governor of Alaska in 2008. Not even most Alaskans.

But she'll be the first woman nominee on the GOP side, and second overall. That will be remembered, even if her ticket loses. And it's not the kind of offer one tends to refuse. (Like being offered the job as coach of the Cowboys)

i dunno about "them cowboys" boss,,,[:/]:(

but if offered the job with the BILLS B| or Tennesee!!!!;);)
Then that's a deal.!!!:P
in fact, speaking of sports.. why not Steinbrenner or Mark Cuban?? for VP...

and speaking of Texas.. hell bring on Ross Perot!!!!!!...
McCain -Perot could have it ALL OVER McCain -Palin

PLUS!!!!

dana carvey..? SNL ????
ah it truly would be the good 'ole days!!!:ph34r:B|;)

jmy

I think it's too late, 2 weeks before the election. I think it would hurt him to switch now.

I agree. His best bet now is to hold on and hope that Biden says some really stupid things in the next two weeks. :P Well, unless he drops Palin and puts Hillary Clinton on his ticket, or perhaps Tina Fey.

However IF he Chose Hillary!!!!!!! That would light up the message boards and media centers EVERYWHERE!!!! hahahahaha..

I have $100 riding on this happening. Not because I actually think it's giong to happen but 6 months after putting the money down this is the only way she'll be president within this Executive Branch cycle. My next best shot is that she becomes speaker, McCaine dies, and Palin is told that she need not show up for work on Monday.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

in fact, speaking of sports.. why not Steinbrenner or Mark Cuban?? for VP...

McCain Steinbrenner would be the crazy old grumpy man ticket. McCain Cuban would be the simpler crazy man ticket.

Why not, Reagan pardoned him for tax evasion, Reagan is McCain's hero, McCain owes him one....sure, why not, keep the corruption in-house.

Ah, I see. So when you said that "both agreed to public financing" you meant that "both said they might use public financing" or that "both pursued public financing."

It's a bit more than that. Obama unilaterally decided to reject public financing after saying he would negotiate with McCain so they could both go that route:

Obama had promised to pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to accept the public money and the spending limits that go with it. That was before he began pulling in record amounts of donations, and doing so would have meant surrendering a significant advantage over Republican candidate John McCain. Strategists from both parties say Obama likely can outpace McCain in fundraising by more than $100 million for the general election.

Through April 30, the latest date for which complete figures are available, Obama took in $266 million, $10 million of that for the general election. McCain raised around $110 million through May 31, none of it for the fall campaign.

McCain Reaction

McCain's campaign chided Obama for breaking a commitment to pursue an agreement on public financing.

``The true test of a candidate for president is whether he will stand on principle and keep his word to the American people,'' spokeswoman Jill Hazelbaker said in a statement. ``His reversal of his promise to participate in the public finance system undermines his call for a new type of politics.''

Source: Bloomberg News

I don't doubt that McCain would have done the same if their positions were reversed, but this is one case where Obama didn't look that good.